Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Sometimes, the topics in the PI part of the forums kind of amuse me.

Especially the whole "american women are blah blah blah etc".

I'm sorry, I've met alot of American women who arent selfish, materialistic w**res. :)

I don't know how many times that topic has come up since I've been on the board. :lol: It's useful as a character identifier, though.

I dont think I want to know how many times it comes up.

It just bothers me slightly that guys can have that sort of mindset. I guess it shows that men really are after beauty. :lol:

(Some of them anyway)

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
You know, it's kind of funny. I bet the conversations that go on here in the Canada forum reaffirm the international perception of Canadians -- that we're polite, friendly, helpful...and totally irreverent!

:unsure:

I'm sorry, I've met alot of American women who arent selfish, materialistic w**res. :)

I don't know how many times that topic has come up since I've been on the board. :lol: It's useful as a character identifier, though.

and if you really want your toes curled, wander over to the russia forum.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

It just bothers me slightly that guys can have that sort of mindset. I guess it shows that men really are after beauty. :lol:

(Some of them anyway)

I'm SO glad you just made that parenthetical edit. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

(Some of them anyway)

I'm SO glad you just made that parenthetical edit. :P

I know right :P

It popped up into my head like right after I posted.

Happens a lot to me.

I need to find a way to stop clicking the "View New Posts" button every 2 minutes.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Timeline

It's sad, because the US is full of beautiful, wonderful, really really nice American women..... and their worth is trashed through generalization. Not to mention the fact that their own mothers and sisters and cousins and aunts and grandmothers are all women. So demeaning. The nice thing is that they've eliminated themselves from the pool of potentials. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It's sad, because the US is full of beautiful, wonderful, really really nice American women..... and their worth is trashed through generalization. Not to mention the fact that their own mothers and sisters and cousins and aunts and grandmothers are all women. So demeaning. The nice thing is that they've eliminated themselves from the pool of potentials. :lol:

Right on! :thumbs:

Yeah, I know.

It's so sad.

I have quite a few female american friends, they're totally awesome.

Not anything that's usually stereotyped of us women.

Oh well, it's not our loss, it's the loss of the American men :devil:

I think the U.S. in general gets trashed through generalization. I absolutely can't wait to be an American resident...but even in Canada that can be something of a "dirty" admission. I love Canada, and it will always be my nationality etc., but at this stage in my life, I'm excited to be moving to America to be with my wonderful American wife. Obviously my decision to move down there was 100% to be with her when I made the decision...but now that I've long since adjusted to that decision, I see all of the other wonderful things that will be associated with such a move.

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

I love America too.

There's so many things to love about it.

It really is pathetic it gets so many negative generalizations, America doesn't deserve it.

I love the different cultures, the food, the cheaper prices (Oh I love that), the food, the food, did I mention food?

You don't even need to travel the world to try different things here, I can find about 5 different cultures of food in the city I live in. It's just crazy, and awesome.

(I love food if you havnt noticed :P)

I love America too.

It really is pathetic it gets so many negative generalizations, America doesn't deserve it.

I love the different cultures, the food, the cheaper prices (Oh I love that), the food, the food, did I mention food?

You don't even need to travel the world to try different things here, I can find about 5 different cultures of food in the city I live in. It's just crazy, and awesome.

Food is great...and America certainly has its fair share of varieties!

My wife was just at Harris Teeter earlier and she called me, gloating over the eggnog bread pudding they had there. I love eggnog. I love bread pudding. I playfully cussed her out for telling me they even HAD such a thing...let alone buying it!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

People do that. They rally against a particular group for whatever reason and don't stop to think how it may affect them or those close to them.

I love America too.

I think the U.S. gets a bad name because of two reasons:

1. The first thing anyone outside your country see is your country's government. It's the face of your country. So if a foreigner doesn't know anyone from your country, they'll simply see your country's government and base much of their opinion on that. Regardless of who is in the White House, the American government can be quite pushy and many nations resent that.

2. Someone sees an American tourist acting like an a$$hole and then proceeds to tell their friends, who in turn tell their friends and so on. The result is that Americans are given a bad name in foreign nations due a few idiots. The majority of American tourists aren't a$$holes, but you'd never know it because a few morons act as the "face of the American tourist."

Timeline
I think the U.S. gets a bad name because of two reasons:

1. The first thing anyone outside your country see is your country's government. It's the face of your country. So if a foreigner doesn't know anyone from your country, they'll simply see your country's government and base much of their opinion on that. Regardless of who is in the White House, the American government can be quite pushy and many nations resent that.

2. Someone sees an American tourist acting like an a$$hole and then proceeds to tell their friends, who in turn tell their friends and so on. The result is that Americans are given a bad name in foreign nations due a few idiots. The majority of American tourists aren't a$$holes, but you'd never know it because a few morons act as the "face of the American tourist."

I agree with your first point - however it's not totally unwarranted - it's 'we the people' remember - the majority of Americans voted in that government, so if people from other countries see that as representing you..... As for the moron thing, there are morons of every nationality - yet other countries, generally, don't get the rap the American's do - as tourists.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Me too.

Like my wife. :)

I just peeked into that thread (because I saw a Canadian forum name had posted in it and it piqued my curiosity...) and was a little surprised at the stereotypes as well! Sure, there are surely SOME situations where the marriage is more of a symbiotic relationship than anything (USC gets quiet, polite, demure wife / Filipina gets green card, "better life" for family, potentially more freedoms etc.), but I'm sure that most cases are indeed based on love. That's why there are so many regional forums... Love can come from anywhere. It wouldn't surprise me if an Australian married a Siberian at some point.

RE: "Canadian forum name had posted in it and it piqued my curiosity"...are you referring to me? LOL, yah, I called them out stereotyping Filipinas....and I was being nice about it too.

If I were to be blatant about it, I would have said something like:

"YOU are stereotyping Filipinas as being better than American women based on subjective criteria and THAT is SEXIST and RACIALLY STEREOTYPICAL. This is a blatant violation of the Terms of Serice:

"Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against members of a protected group. For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech"

But I was nice and polite, being the Canadian I am and said "That ain't cool."

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so the hubster has his jury duty this week.. the pain is that he has to call in every night to see if he needs to come in the next day...

but if he calls in every day and doesn't get called in by Friday he has fulfilled his jury duty...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning everyone! Well, on Friday I went to a fund raiser luncheon sponsored by the place I volunteer through. I bought "bucket" raffle tickets. The kind that you buy, then put in various buckets to win that prize. Well, I put them all in one bucket, and I won! So, for $5.00 in tickets, I won 2 seats front centre, in a "box" to the Calgary Flames vs St. Louis Blues hockey game next Tuesday! :dance: I'm so excited! They are valued at $356.00!!!!

Enjoy your day!

turkish_coffee.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.