Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just gotta say...thanks folks for reminding me that there are, in fact, add ons you can get for Firefox. Seriously...I've been using this browser for several years, and I'd half-forgotten at all the mods one can do to it... AdBlock Plus now installed. Will be surfing for others today. :D

When I see the interwebs on other people's computers I'm always shocked. Wait, that site has ads?

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, question for you...

[snip]

BUt was I wrong to initially feel totally unsure about this company and thus, it's practices and such?

Wow. I would absolutely feel that way. I wouldn't use them again and I would not recommend them to others. Who was it? :lol:

I have always thought and continue to think, that there are people in business (many successfully) that just stumble along and somehow manage to make money and stay in business. I really don't know how. Sounds like this is one of them.

Enjoy your book signing Carla. I haven't read any of Wally's books yet, but tell him I said Hi!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My wife and I both use NoScript and AdBlock (or as it's called now, AdBlock Plus). We also use an add-on called Cookie Safe Lite which allows for detailed management of cookies.

Sure wish I could get used to firefox. :( I failed to adapt. :blush:

It just takes time. Firefox by itself, without any add-ons, is a very bare bones browser and to be honest, quite uninteresting. It's really about finding the right add-ons for you. That can make all the difference.

I tried out Google Chrome.. I couldn't figure it out so I went back to Firefox :P

Really? I liked Chrome. It was very simple and user-friendly to use. I'd switch to it if it had add-ons like Firefox. Even so, I have Chrome (and Opera) on my system. I have various uses for all three browsers and since I have a dual-monitor setup, having more than one browser open at a time can be very useful.

Sometimes Firefox and Opera can have some difficulty with some websites, especially if NoScript is activated. I've found certain websites, such as airline sites, can be quite finicky with Firefox and Opera. Chrome seems to handle it without any problem, so I use that unless IE is an absolute requirement.

well, I guess I didn't like it because like you said it doesn't have the add-ons like Firefox does...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I'm on a Mac, automatic pop up blocking!

Haven't seen a pop up for years!!!

Not even kidding.

:D

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you like the rock group Queen, you'll love this version of "Bohemian Rhapsody". A friend sent me this today and I have the biggest smile on my face now - it is great - and totally unexpected!

http://ca.video.yahoo.com/watch/6494569/16840187

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

yay new picture day!

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Not even kidding.

I think most, if not all browsers have this now.

But with addblock, it just don't block pop ups, it blocks ALL adds. Like if there's an add on the side of the screen, I won't see it.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Not even kidding.

I think most, if not all browsers have this now.

But with addblock, it just don't block pop ups, it blocks ALL adds. Like if there's an add on the side of the screen, I won't see it.

Wow...TSN.ca doesn't take two minutes to load now!

Thanks guys! :D

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

So you know how you see those businesses and you wonder how on earth they can stay in business because how can they be making enough money to support the business and themselves?

I have already stated that I figure they are selling crack out the back door (like that bar stool business we talked about krikit :lol: )

Anyway this was in the Calgary Herald this morning:

Police allege the first case revealed a human trafficking ring that operated out of three homes and used a hair salon as a front to receive calls from customers and arrange transactions involving sex with young girls for money.

Anyway, the whole thing is disgusting - two undercover police officers bought two women for $8000 - these people make me angry.

Filed: Timeline
If you like the rock group Queen, you'll love this version of "Bohemian Rhapsody". A friend sent me this today and I have the biggest smile on my face now - it is great - and totally unexpected!

http://ca.video.yahoo.com/watch/6494569/16840187

That was good. :lol:

Police allege the first case revealed a human trafficking ring that operated out of three homes and used a hair salon as a front to receive calls from customers and arrange transactions involving sex with young girls for money.

Anyway, the whole thing is disgusting - two undercover police officers bought two women for $8000 - these people make me angry.

:o

:crying:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.