Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We did drive to Seattle from Vancouver to Dallas, to miss our flight and have to stay there, to be in Orlando the next morning. On the way back, we would've missed our flight again in Dallas, but American transferred us to Alaska so we did Orlando - Seattle - drive to Vancouver at 12am after getting our car jumped because a light stayed on.

Ugh. I bet that sucked.

It was pretty terrible, actually. :lol: Dallas stinks, it was really smelly when we were there.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man! Mary Walsh kicks *ss!!!! She is awesome and hilarious and a no holds barred kind of woman. I bet she made Palin look like a right #######.

Go Mary!

I just read that a Canadian comedian named Mary Walsh who is on the show This Hour Has 22 Minutes showed up to a Sarah Palin book signing. She showed up in character and was baiting Palin. True to form, Palin showed how really stupid she is.

"I just wanted to ask you if you have any words of encouragement for Canadian conservatives who have worked so hard to try to diminish the kind of socialized medicine we have up there." Walsh shouted to Palin as she approached the table.

Palin's handlers tried to help her by ushering Walsh out of the Borders, but Palin could not be deterred. When Palin left the signing, Walsh caught up with her in the parking lot, where Palin suggested that Canada should get rid of its public health care system. "Keep the faith" Palin said, "because common sense conservatism can be plugged in there in Canada too. In fact, Canada needs to reform its health care system and let the private sector take over some of what the government has absorbed."

Here's a clip.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Peuph.. can I just say how incredibly relieved I am?

After months of drama & back & forth we are finally making steps toward a goal hubby & I desperately want.. more time with his kids..

Can't say much on the forum.. but it's good.. and it's a relief.. and I'm excited and terrified at the same time. These are the only kiddos I'm ever going to have so I am thrilled of what this means for our family..

That is all :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Mary Walsh is awesome. I miss This Hour. :(

That was kind of awkward, though. *cringe* Miss Palin didn't disappoint, though! :lol:

I don't get the Sarah Palin thing, she should fade in to obscurity but hundreds line up to get her book signed - don't get it, never will. In one of the videos the guy was asked why he is so keen on Sarah, he said she is a real person, she breathes a breath of fresh air in to politics.

Well, i'm all for having real people in office but just because she speaks her mind doesn't mean she has anything sensible to say.

Great news Em! :thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Varba - I just read your sig - OMG! :rofl:

This is an exchange between my husband and I from a couple nights ago:

Me: Are you eating?

Him: Yes, why?

Me: You're being a pig!

Him: Pfft.

Me: Moooo!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Varba - I just read your sig - OMG! :rofl:

This is an exchange between my husband and I from a couple nights ago:

Me: Are you eating?

Him: Yes, why?

Me: You're being a pig!

Him: Pfft.

Me: Moooo!

:rofl: Nice.

I figured it was time I took down the mockery the communication skills of some people, and put up something to bring a smile round these parts. :)

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't remember where I posted it but I received the things I ordered from Amazon. the wine pourer/stoppers and the charms.. the stoppers are quite nice and the charms are darling. the only thing is I noticed that I got two cork screw charms instead of the wine bottle :P I have emailed the seller about getting the wine charm.. we will see what happens

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally something GOOD has happened! :dance:

Autoplan accepted my previous insurance record from Texas and now I get 40% off my total auto insurance cost! It's also retroactive, so all the money I've spent before gets adjusted as well. I just received two checks for a total amount of $823. That'll go a long way -- if for nothing else, to help pay for next year's insurance! :P

My annual cost was $3388 and now it's $1924. That's a 40% reduction PLUS an extra $109 in additional discounts. That's a HUGE difference. :D

Timeline
Oh man! Mary Walsh kicks *ss!!!! She is awesome and hilarious and a no holds barred kind of woman. I bet she made Palin look like a right #######.

Go Mary!

I just read that a Canadian comedian named Mary Walsh who is on the show This Hour Has 22 Minutes showed up to a Sarah Palin book signing. She showed up in character and was baiting Palin. True to form, Palin showed how really stupid she is.

"I just wanted to ask you if you have any words of encouragement for Canadian conservatives who have worked so hard to try to diminish the kind of socialized medicine we have up there." Walsh shouted to Palin as she approached the table.

Palin's handlers tried to help her by ushering Walsh out of the Borders, but Palin could not be deterred. When Palin left the signing, Walsh caught up with her in the parking lot, where Palin suggested that Canada should get rid of its public health care system. "Keep the faith" Palin said, "because common sense conservatism can be plugged in there in Canada too. In fact, Canada needs to reform its health care system and let the private sector take over some of what the government has absorbed."

Here's a clip.

I SO MISS "This Hour Has 22 Minutes"! That was great! Thanks!

Autoplan accepted my previous insurance record from Texas and now I get 40% off my total auto insurance cost! It's also retroactive, so all the money I've spent before gets adjusted as well. I just received two checks for a total amount of $823. That'll go a long way -- if for nothing else, to help pay for next year's insurance! :P

My annual cost was $3388 and now it's $1924. That's a 40% reduction PLUS an extra $109 in additional discounts. That's a HUGE difference. :D

Oh that is good news! And much more reasonable.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Nice! Things are looking up. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yay! that's great

(omg that's still so expensive)

Timeline

Yay! that's great

(omg that's still so expensive)

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.