Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Wow. I'm so jealous you're almost done your Christmas shopping, Marilyn! :crying:

my advice to mrscat to prevent future events like that........

advice

:hehe:

Oh geez. That one "flew" right over my head. :hehe: I had to puzzle over it for a minute. Apparently I'm not firing on all four cylinders today.

So I brought back a box of KD white cheddar crackers from my last trip home. They taste nothing like KD. LOL

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
They're..... interesting. But not horrible. I wouldn't buy them again.

Yeah i'm not crazy about cheese crackers in general.

I used to be addicted to Cheese Nips. The american version cured me of that, though. lol

:lol:

I just ate a bowl of bean sprouts - are they actually even considered to be a meal?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love cheese-its! :)

So, the hubby wants to move to Colorado Springs in January. I agreed, but I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. I just moved and got used to life here, now I need to pick up and move again? Its only 60 or so miles, but I just want to feel grounded somewhere. And until then, I need to remain an unemployed bum, as getting a job now just to leave in two months would be stupid. I guess its a good opportunity... We'll have our own place to live and get out of the in laws house, and career wise its a good move for Bill. His parents business is expanding south and he's going to run the southern operation.

I just got a lecture about having a debt on my credit card before I leave for the US.

My parents paid off my account and I just cut the card to pieces.

I feel bad about it and they still compared me to my brother anyway who has a debt of 10K+.

Eh, parents.

I'll have to pay them back one day, I feel bad if I don't. They've put out so much money recently it's crazy.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Timeline
I love cheese-its! :)

So, the hubby wants to move to Colorado Springs in January. I agreed, but I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. I just moved and got used to life here, now I need to pick up and move again? Its only 60 or so miles, but I just want to feel grounded somewhere. And until then, I need to remain an unemployed bum, as getting a job now just to leave in two months would be stupid. I guess its a good opportunity... We'll have our own place to live and get out of the in laws house, and career wise its a good move for Bill. His parents business is expanding south and he's going to run the southern operation.

Colorado Springs would be lovely.

I just got a lecture about having a debt on my credit card before I leave for the US.

I feel bad about it and they still compared me to my brother anyway who has a debt of 10K+.

Eh, parents.

I'll have to pay them back one day, I feel bad if I don't. They've put out so much money recently it's crazy.

Wow. Nice parents.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Eh, parents.

why can't they just call it a wedding gift? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow. I'm so jealous you're almost done your Christmas shopping, Marilyn! :crying:

don't hate me but.... :lol:

I went to Big Lots today and finished my Christmas Shopping.. :whistle:

I think this is the earliest I have ever finished... :o

well I guess I still have my Secret Santa gift to get yet...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Eh, parents.

why can't they just call it a wedding gift? :huh:

They said they were doing it as a going away gift, but it took my mom calling it "bailing me out" for my dad to call it a going away gift.

They're strange parents.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
They said they were doing it as a going away gift, but it took my mom calling it "bailing me out" for my dad to call it a going away gift.

They're strange parents.

They're just very loving and caring parents, who want to see their child get started in their new life on the best footing possible. Nothing wrong with that. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.