Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey how many people know about the 72 hour advance check in/passport info law that just came into effect two weeks ago?

I just found out about it, apparently I've been living under a rock

Haven't heard about this...

Can you elucidate?

Basically, if you book a flight 72 or less hours before it departs, you have to provide your passport information.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning all!

Oh that's cool Sprailenes - well for us watching, hope he has a thick skin. I hope you are going to tell us which one he is at some point!

Carla those pics of Gilbert made me laugh out loud, he is so darn cute.

His name is Ed Battaglia so keep an eye out!

Donne moi une poptart!

Ah, interesting. I don't usually fly across the border (I usually drive across and fly from the U.S.), so I didn't know about this. Not that it's a big deal. At this point all folks should have passports anyhow.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Timeline
Basically, if you book a flight 72 or less hours before it departs, you have to provide your passport information.

?

I may have misunderstood you. You have to do the online personal information three days (72 hours) before checkin. If you don't, it has to be done manually in person (at checkin).

iagree.gif

I phoned air canada to confirm my wife and sons flights, and she wanted their passport info, (passport number, full names, date of birth and date of passport expiry) and said that we are supposed to do it at least 72 hours before the flight leaves. She then said it was ok, that she would input it now :blink: (after just saying 72 hours?) but that it had been all over the news, etc...(not in phoenix)

So then I phoned NWA, who I'm flying out on tommorrow, and they said that it's being implemented in stages, and northwest was not required to do it yet.

everytime you think you got your bases covered..... :angry:

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What I don't understand is this "new" rule that the name on your boarding pass needs to match the name on the ID you're using to get on the plane. Well yeah. How was that not a rule before?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

?

I may have misunderstood you. You have to do the online personal information three days (72 hours) before checkin. If you don't, it has to be done manually in person (at checkin).

Eh, I did a quick google search when Lep first posted, didn't really read in depth.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

My fiance just left.

I was supposed to go with him, but I didn't book a ticket fast enough so they went up to 1300 dollars.

I'm leaving on Tuesday instead :(

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

My fiance just left.

I was supposed to go with him, but I didn't book a ticket fast enough so they went up to 1300 dollars.

I'm leaving on Tuesday instead :(

Awww. :(

It's okay. You get a final weekend to say your goodbyes, make amends, enjoy your current residence etc. Besides, you'll still be able to hang out with your VJ friends! :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

I'm strikin out on google.

sorry to hear about that Rhiann. I'll be flying back home on thursday, and my wife and kid won't be following til the next tuesday. feel ya

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.