Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning carla. looks like our snow melted off, now trying to stay above freezing temp at night. sure beats the damp chill of a wet snow.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm calling today "The calm before the storm". It's beautiful outside, suppose to go up to 7C, unprecedented for this time of year. I have a feeling we're in for a HUGE blizzard soon :(

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm calling today "The calm before the storm". It's beautiful outside, suppose to go up to 7C, unprecedented for this time of year. I have a feeling we're in for a HUGE blizzard soon :(

As long as the HUGE blizzard isn't on Jan. 23, I'll be okay :thumbs:

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I know many of you heard my issues with the school last year and how they wanted me to medicate my son and have him evaluated for ADD/ADHD. He was a C student and I was told that without proper help (meaning medication) he would never get out of the rut he was in. Well this year, during this marking period he's all A's and one B and considered an "outstanding student".

I nearly cried when I opened his report card today. :D

I'm such a proud mom tonight!

Congratulations to Ethan. Now Nev, are you going to take that report card and shove it in that delusional teachers face and tell her/him to "suck it"? :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I know many of you heard my issues with the school last year and how they wanted me to medicate my son and have him evaluated for ADD/ADHD. He was a C student and I was told that without proper help (meaning medication) he would never get out of the rut he was in. Well this year, during this marking period he's all A's and one B and considered an "outstanding student".

Congratulations to Ethan. Now Nev, are you going to take that report card and shove it in that delusional teachers face and tell her/him to "suck it"? :lol:

That's so funny because that's what my mom and coworkers are telling me to do. Write a nice long letter to his school last year and send a copy of his report card.

Also to my MIL who wanted me to also have him evaluated for ADD/ADHD... I got him to phone her up lastnight and tell her the news. She was floored. That felt amazing. :D

If things are still the same at the end of the year and his grades are still like this, I will write a letter to that school and tell them that perhaps they need to look at the teacher and not so much the student.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Okay going from proud mom to pervert here, but there is this woman who comes in who has the most perfect boobs, and I really can't tell if they're real or not. They're perfect circles, but they have some bounce to them... I mean they don't look like they're rock hard, you know that fake ####### look? These don't look fake, but they do look fake because they're shaped so perfectly.... like Jessica Rabbit boobs.

They confuse me.

If there was a ####### contest she'd win hands down.

B1tch. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Well, I think you need to post pictures so that we can help you decide.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

That's so funny because that's what my mom and coworkers are telling me to do. Write a nice long letter to his school last year and send a copy of his report card.

Also to my MIL who wanted me to also have him evaluated for ADD/ADHD... I got him to phone her up lastnight and tell her the news. She was floored. That felt amazing. :D

If things are still the same at the end of the year and his grades are still like this, I will write a letter to that school and tell them that perhaps they need to look at the teacher and not so much the student.

That was one of the things about teaching that seriously irritated me. There were far too many teachers who wanted a simple answer to what could be a more complex question. I can remember some teachers who had taught for many many years. Some of them felt that this experience gave them some level of expertise in the matters of diagnosing children. Now I will say that this will give them some insight in recognizing children who are struggling, it does not grant them diagnostic training and knowledge. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Okay going from proud mom to pervert here, but there is this woman who comes in who has the most perfect boobs, and I really can't tell if they're real or not. They're perfect circles, but they have some bounce to them... I mean they don't look like they're rock hard, you know that fake ####### look? These don't look fake, but they do look fake because they're shaped so perfectly.... like Jessica Rabbit boobs.

They confuse me.

If there was a ####### contest she'd win hands down.

B1tch. :(

i don't believe you - we need pics.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i don't believe you - we need pics.

Ha! Beat you to it!

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline

She comes in to deliver stuff for weddings once in a while... I will attempt to photograph the specimens the next time I see her :P

Donne moi une poptart!

I'm with wyatt and charles. That's three to one .

by the way, I'm drinking tea today. It pretty much just tastes like flavored hot water. No kick at all. :help:

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

Timeline

That was one of the things about teaching that seriously irritated me. There were far too many teachers who wanted a simple answer to what could be a more complex question. I can remember some teachers who had taught for many many years. Some of them felt that this experience gave them some level of expertise in the matters of diagnosing children. Now I will say that this will give them some insight in recognizing children who are struggling, it does not grant them diagnostic training and knowledge. :wacko:

Exactly.

I totally respect it if a teacher tries to talk to me and tell me areas my son needs to improve. But these teachers just had ultimatums for me. Nothing else.

The teacher last year told me flat out, if you don't get him the help now, he will continue to suffer and it will never change.

Well guess what beeotch? It changed. :P

by the way, I'm drinking tea today. It pretty much just tastes like flavored hot water. No kick at all. :help:

I always double bag my tea. I like it strong.

Donne moi une poptart!

No no no. You're doing it all wrong. TRUE teabagging requires dangling it in...

Oh nevermind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.