Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

I didn't send emails either. I don't believe it's any of their business what's in our emails. I know where you're coming from, TM.

True, it may not be any of their business...but so far as I'm concerned, the CO is the gatekeeper, and I'll gladly give him or her whatever satisfies any concerns. I'm a private person, but by the same token, I've got nothing to hide. I live honestly, and my wife and I have a wonderful and secure relationship. If they want to see that...they can! :)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, online stuff is so easy to forge, I can't understand how it could be proof. I wonder if the email thing got started by someone on VJ who had little to no proof and it became VJ folklore?

Timeline

I just took a screen capture of all the folders that had my name/his name and stuff like that, no real emails. Mostly? Boarding passes and pictures which I think are way more valid.

I don't think they'd read that kind of stuff anyway...

IMHO....

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Neither of us are photo people, so other than wedding pictures, I think we only have a couple of shots together. Hopefully a smattering of wedding photos will suffice...

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline

OH see I LOVE the photograph! I don't really love having my picture taken but I love to have pictures of the people I care about.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
I didn't send emails either. I don't believe it's any of their business what's in our emails. I know where you're coming from, TM.

True, it may not be any of their business...but so far as I'm concerned, the CO is the gatekeeper, and I'll gladly give him or her whatever satisfies any concerns. I'm a private person, but by the same token, I've got nothing to hide. I live honestly, and my wife and I have a wonderful and secure relationship. If they want to see that...they can! :)

While you guys aren't photo people - we aren't either! At the same time, though, we don't have many emails/phone calls as we've lived together for the past 4 years.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Well Mal... I think that would be the ultimate in evidence!

:D

While you guys aren't photo people - we aren't either! At the same time, though, we don't have many emails/phone calls as we've lived together for the past 4 years.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

99.9% of the time they ask for very little proof at the interview, if anything pictures! I brought a few emails with me, pics. not that much, and they didnt ask to see any of it. best to be prepared, but quality over quantity.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

So We picked names at work today for Christmas gift exchange... I got my boss. I thought she was the hardest to shop for but I think I'm going to get her a recipe book for entertaining. She really likes to entertain.

I think I'm gonna make her one of those "cookie recipe in a jar" thing, where you only need to add wet ingredients. It's my secret way of getting rid of the flour and sugar in my cupboards! haha

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know many of you heard my issues with the school last year and how they wanted me to medicate my son and have him evaluated for ADD/ADHD. He was a C student and I was told that without proper help (meaning medication) he would never get out of the rut he was in. Well this year, during this marking period he's all A's and one B and considered an "outstanding student".

I nearly cried when I opened his report card today. :D

I'm such a proud mom tonight!

Donne moi une poptart!

Awesome news, Nevada!

I hate how so many school officials rush to label a kid with a "disorder" these days. Some children just function differently from others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Awesome news, Nevada!

I hate how so many school officials rush to label a kid with a "disorder" these days. Some children just function differently from others.

Exactly! I had him evaluated TWICE and both doctors said he didn't show any signs of ADD/ADHD - both told me he was most likely bored!

I can't even imagine if I would have just given up the fight last year and had him medicated. I don't think I would have the same vibrant boy I do today.

I understand some people need medication, but he didn't and it was a struggle all year. I spent many meetings with the teachers, principals and child study team in TEARS because of it. I mean you sit across from about 10 officials who are telling you you're wrong and they're right - it's down right intimidating! But I fought it and I pretty much fought it alone, because my own husband wanted to cave and just get him diagnosed so we could move on. I didn't budge though.

Anyways my mom said: "Send them a copy of his report card!" I just might do that! :D

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Superb news Sprailenes!!!! :thumbs:

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I know many of you heard my issues with the school last year and how they wanted me to medicate my son and have him evaluated for ADD/ADHD. He was a C student and I was told that without proper help (meaning medication) he would never get out of the rut he was in. Well this year, during this marking period he's all A's and one B and considered an "outstanding student".

I nearly cried when I opened his report card today. :D

I'm such a proud mom tonight!

Awwww, I'm so happy for Ethan! And you of course Sprailene. That's wonderful news. (F)

Good morning all! Coffee is ready!

Coffee-25.jpg

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.