Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a TON of currency exchanges in Montreal. There was one right next to my hotel.

You can also pay in Canadian, but you have to pay their exchange rate.

In other news, I apparently have astigmatism in my left eye. My glasses should be in Monday...

/sigh, I had perfect vision until my headaches 4 years ago :(

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to post my thoughts about certain subjects here or to just keep my mouth shut. :lol:

Post them and we'll tell you! :lol:

Ok, I would NEVER have thought of doing that in a million years. But the next time I have week old bread sticks I'll try it :P

You can also revive them in a damp paper bag and heat them in the oven or microwave. :)

Good morning everyone! I love Wednesday's....twice a month it's my bridge club day at the library! I'm sure to have a good time. No house chores on Wednesday's either. ;) Enjoy your day!

I have no idea how to play bridge. But some of the ladies' bridge club here where I live get really snarky if I'm in the workout room while they're playing in the next room. That makes me not want to play. lol

How do you get away with no house chores?? I need to try that. lol

Yoga night tonight. Not sure how I feel about that. lol

The people who I play bridge are the most awesome and friendly people I've ever played bridge with! They're never snarky...matter of fact, they'd be asking you to come in and join, and if you said you didn't know how to play they'd be offering to teach you! :lol:

I get away with no house chores except for cooking on Wednesdays because I do all my chores on certain days, and I split them all up. Dusting and vaccuming on Monday. Bathrooms and bedding on Tuesdays. Thursdays I do laundry and wash floors. Friday is vacuuming again and maybe one more load of laundry....actually Saturdays I don't do chores either! I empty the dishwasher, do touch up's during the week as well that need doing, but I just mean no concentrated once a week chores on Wednesday's. :)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
There are a TON of currency exchanges in Montreal. There was one right next to my hotel.

In other news, I apparently have astigmatism in my left eye. My glasses should be in Monday...

I've had an astigmatism in my right eye since birth. It's hereditary in my family. I only wear my glasses when my eyes feel tired or I have a headache.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've had an astigmatism in my right eye since birth. It's hereditary in my family. I only wear my glasses when my eyes feel tired or I have a headache.

I'm the same Mal! I have astigmatism in my right eye and I really only wear my glasses when I have a headache or am tired or sometimes when I watch tv because I find the tv can get blurry.

I actually think I need a new prescription though, I've noticed my glasses haven't really been helping me lately.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I'm the same Mal! I have astigmatism in my right eye and I really only wear my glasses when I have a headache or am tired or sometimes when I watch tv because I find the tv can get blurry.

I actually think I need a new prescription though, I've noticed my glasses haven't really been helping me lately.

I think I've had maybe four prescription changes so far. I hardly ever wear the glasses now and have found that my prescription isn't getting worse the less I wear my glasses. Weird, eh?

event.png

Haha. I just printed out a few screenshots of my email folder for ones my wife has sent me. At the bottom it shows how many emails are in the folder. 2675. Yup...in less than two years, my wife has sent me 2675 emails. The scary part is that I've probably sent her MORE than that...

Add that to the records of 60 hours per month on the phone and I think it's pretty compelling proof of relationship, no? :lol:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Think you may need a little more there, Wyatt... Geez.

Verbose little duo, eh?

;)

j/k

Haha. I just printed out a few screenshots of my email folder for ones my wife has sent me. At the bottom it shows how many emails are in the folder. 2675. Yup...in less than two years, my wife has sent me 2675 emails. The scary part is that I've probably sent her MORE than that...

Add that to the records of 60 hours per month on the phone and I think it's pretty compelling proof of relationship, no? :lol:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Depends - how many of those are spam? :lol:

event.png

Haha. Well, most of them are just a few sentences -- mainly during the day at work where we'd have our personal webmail open in a separate browser and flick back and forth to it throughout the day. And then of course there were the occasional "explanatory" emails where I felt compelled to get all deep and verbose in trying to put a feeling into words. :P

But most of our relationship has been phone-based.

I had to be quite discerning about what selection of emails to screen shot. Some of our subject lines were pretty goofy. A rather inordinate amount had "sushi" in them...

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline

It's funny, you read a lot on VJ where people send emails from their SOs to USCIS as proof of relationship.

Personally? I would never give them 1, not 1 email or piece of correspondence - if that meant a denial - so be it.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not criticizing anyone who has - you have done what you thought you had to do to get approved - just personally that would be a...no.

Well, I'm not sending them actual emails. I've taken screenshots of the email folder, which shows Name, Date, Subject line...and that's about it. It shows about thirty emails per screenshot, and I took six or seven screenshots, each separated by a few months. If nothing else, it demonstrates a steady and frequent email correspondence since the beginning of 2008, while not showing any of the personal content.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We never sent anything from the online world as evidence. I didn't feel like it would help my case at all. Anyone can maintain an online relationship in my opinion.

We showed boarding passes, receipts from the cruises we went one showing us both in the same cabin, and telephone records, but even that was overkill. Oh and photos, which they gave back to me at my interview... which almost made me feel like they believed us without even needing any photos.

Wyatt - honestly - you guys seem to visit eachother a lot. Just keep your boarding passes and take some pics everytime you're together. I don't think you need to bother with the emails personally.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.