Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My newest obsession is the British show Top Gear. These are by far the funniest guys on tv. Tonight they are racing total wrecks through Botswana.

I would die to race a car on their show. :luv:

top-gear-hosts.jpg

Edited by MrsCat

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I grind my beans and french press.... But I've been having a hard time finding good beans here in Arizona. Other than starbucks that is. My dad bought me a huge timmies machine a couple of years ago, but it's overkill for me. My little press makes two perfect mugs. The only way they could be more perfect is with HONEY. YES I LIKE HONEY IN MY COFFEE. I'M DIFFERENT AND THAT'S OK. my mom says so. :crying:

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

Timeline
I grind my beans and french press.... But I've been having a hard time finding good beans here in Arizona. Other than starbucks that is. My dad bought me a huge timmies machine a couple of years ago, but it's overkill for me. My little press makes two perfect mugs. The only way they could be more perfect is with HONEY. YES I LIKE HONEY IN MY COFFEE. I'M DIFFERENT AND THAT'S OK. my mom says so. :crying:

I like honey too, but usually, I go for raw sugar and milk :) French press in the morning too.

Did you try the boards on coffeegeek.com to find good beans in your area? Hmmmm... coffee!

Here's a clip from my favorite place in Montreal:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I'M DIFFERENT AND THAT'S OK. my mom says so.

:lol::lol:

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

The key is having 100% Arabica beans. Try Costco. Kirkland Columbian beans. We've also tried the Guatamalean as well. Very very good. Gene makes me a French Press on the weekends. How divine. Just three cups...2 for me, 1 for him. It's the ultimate!

Good morning!

coffee-cafe.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning carla. it's been snowing here all night, so it should be snowing there soon.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

good morning carla. it's been snowing here all night, so it should be snowing there soon.

I don't think so....

It's 50 here right now, and it's not supposed to get below 48 degrees at night all week. High 50's during the day. I saw that swath of cold and snow, but it's not coming out way. Sorry! :P

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
My newest obsession is the British show Top Gear. These are by far the funniest guys on tv. Tonight they are racing total wrecks through Botswana.

I would die to race a car on their show. :luv:

I love Top Gear! Did you see the American road trip where they drove from Miami to New Orleans? OMG, hilarious.

Good morning everyone. :)

iagree.gif

Okay, all joking about raw egg and Cool Whip aside, I'm actually quite attached to my morning coffee. Usually I just have one cup a day (years ago I used to have five or six), though I'll sometimes make a pot in the afternoon, or walk over to a nearby Starbucks for a caramel macchiato or something fancy.

I take my coffee with sugar and milk, but I like my coffee ridiculously strong, according to pretty much everyone who has ever had the misfortune of drinking my coffee. :P I typically drink French Roast, though use about twice as much as is suggested on the package.

One of the reasons I knew I'd love my father-in-law is that he has a fancy espresso maker that he uses multiple times per day. We had a nice "bonding" moment back in June where he trained me on how to use it. :lol:

Hey Sean, have you thought about subscribing to a coffee subscription service? I think there are a few online where you sign up to have coffee delivered via mail on a regular basis.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Timeline

When I first moved here my husband's cousin told me to order the coffee and coffee-maker special from Gevalia. As an introduction, you get a great coffee maker for a great price, plus 2 lbs of coffee. Their coffee sucked (I gave it to the cousin) so I cancelled. But I still have a great coffee maker! :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

G'morning everyone!

I am sitting here drinking MY coffee... I like my coffee pretty strong -- well, more full-bodied -- it's why I don't like Tim Horton's coffee, it's too weak for me. My coffee this morning has Sweet & Low in it and homogenized milk. I prefer demerarra sugar and cream but with the amount of coffee I drink, I keep to fake sugar and milk during the week. ON weekends or holidays I will dress it up with full sugar and cream.

I'm pretty sure that if I did not take the precautions I do, I'd be a full-blown diabetic as I like my coffee quite sweet. :D

Coffee. It's serious business.

:)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Serious business indeed! :thumbs::lol: I'm a coffee snob. I drink mine very dark and rich. Strong. I have 10% cream in mine because I "should", however I prefer 18%. :lol: No sugar thank you. I'm sweet enough. ;)

carlahmsb4.gif

Well good morning there, froggy.

I'm glad you just committed the ultimate taboo by saying you DON'T like Tim Hortons coffee. Because now I can safely say "me too" while watching YOU attract all the scorn and jingoism. :P

And yes, I take three spoons of sugar in my coffee, so...I like mine very strong and very sweet. Kinda like my wife. :rolleyes:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Dude, have you NOT noticed that I the queen of anti-Tim Horton Jingoism? I know, my profile pic is tim bits but it was the only free pic I had on my desktop at the moment!

:)

I am not a big fan of the doughnut and weak coffee makes me cry. I love Canada and I have my Vancouver 2010 Red Mittens but weak coffee? can't even pretend.

And guess what?????

Husband is coming up to see me on Thursday for our 1st year anniversary! I am beside myself with excitement. We have no plans really but man, I cannot wait to see him!

WOO...

Just thought I'd say.

Well good morning there, froggy.

I'm glad you just committed the ultimate taboo by saying you DON'T like Tim Hortons coffee. Because now I can safely say "me too" while watching YOU attract all the scorn and jingoism. :P

And yes, I take three spoons of sugar in my coffee, so...I like mine very strong and very sweet. Kinda like my wife. :rolleyes:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.