Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

WE ARE GOING TO TORONTO THIS WEEKEND!!!! :dance:

I left a few things when i moved to the US so we wanted to go get them and see our old friends! We wanted to go before the snow arrives so we decided on this weekend.

My former roommate is throwing a party and everybody will be there.

Well it's 6 hours of driving but it's worth it. Plus we book a the sheraton downtown (4-star hotel) on hotwire for half the normal price. Can't complain.

First use of the green card.......

How fun! 6 hours of driving isn't bad....I just went there a few months ago, and it took me 17 hours. :lol: Have fun!!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o OH #######! I forgot to watch the space shuttle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

Don't worry. It was vertical.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have fun ChadLaure!! I'm jealous, sometimes I just miss Toronto and the people there. I love NYC too, but there's something about Toronto that I just miss.

I'm just so happy that an old co-worker that was here in NYC for her husband's job this weekend messaged me this morning and we went for lunch :) We had few good laughs and just totally made my day. She was a VP at my last job and just an awesome person.

I love when people visit NYC and I get to see them. It's nice to get a taste of home every so often.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is that the Leonids or the Perseids tonight? I always try and watch for meteors when it's time but I never see a damn one. Too much ambient light where I live. Nothing thrills me senseless than seeing the night sky in the country and every single star is there!

Oh baby, gets me in the gut every time!

:D

Meteor shower tonight! :D Skies look like they'll be clear too!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Is that the Leonids or the Perseids tonight? I always try and watch for meteors when it's time but I never see a damn one. Too much ambient light where I live. Nothing thrills me senseless than seeing the night sky in the country and every single star is there!

Oh baby, gets me in the gut every time!

:D

Meteor shower tonight! :D Skies look like they'll be clear too!

Leonids! :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Seeing as this is the Off Topic thread-Has anyone tried to break a serious caffeine addiction? I'm thinking of giving it a shot....

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

Timeline

GTFO of here, Sean -- don't speak such blasphemy! God.

In all seriousness,I love my coffee in the a.m. and would not be able to give it up. It's the only caffeine I partake of so...

:)

Seeing as this is the Off Topic thread-Has anyone tried to break a serious caffeine addiction? I'm thinking of giving it a shot....

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

How serious are we talking here??

Oh and on an upnote - we had a call from Rev. Canada a few weeks ago, well my Husband did, asking about 2008 and the RRSP funds he withdrew and what date we left Canada. So since then I have been expecting a bill in the mail.

Turns out they owed us an extra 3 dollars and change, just got the notice of assessment the other day :)

Timeline

I just gave it up, but I do have a health reason (I am allergic/sensitive to caffiene). Wasn't too bad.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Although I'm not a coffee drinker, in my early 20's, I drank 6-8 cans of Mountain Dew a day. When I gave it up, I went through hell. I know that probably sounds dramatic, but man did my poor body suffer - massive headaches, couldn't keep a train of thought, female issue, sick to my stomach a lot, shakiness... it was worse than I thought it would be and by the time I was "normal", it was almost two months. I'm glad I did it though and I'd do it again tomorrow. Anything legal that makes me go through that kind of withdrawal is a little creepy.

Timeline

Yea I tried this once and suffered from insane headaches. Look I gave up smoking cigarettes, that's as far as I'll go in my life.. but leave my damn coffee alone! :P

Donne moi une poptart!

hehe it's just that for the last year or two I've started getting 'lack of caffeine' headaches if I skip my morning coffee. For some reason that bothers me. Truth is, I'm really not sure if I'm even capable of quitting. I also drink extremely strong coffee. every-single-day.

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.