Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Greetings. My husband and I just came back from spending a few days at the beach to celebrate our anniversary. I had a couple of free use-em-or-lose-em nights with the Marriott so we booked a lovely place down in the Sarasota Bradenton area. When we got there they had upgraded us to a suite with a fabulous view. We had also booked massages using the wayspa.com gift certificate my daughter had given us last Christmas, so it was basically a free trip for us! Ohmygosh, we had such a wonderful time. We now know where we want to retire! Lido Key near St Armand's Circle. I almost can't wait. :lol:

I grew up on Anna Maria. :)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
I grew up on Anna Maria. :)

OMG, are you kidding me?? :o That is one of THE most awesomest places on earth! We actually scoped the place out and were going to get married there. I can't remember why that didn't happen now. I'm sure it'll come to me, though. lol. I love AMI. :luv:

I am not kidding. :D Gramma had a place at the north tip of the island on one of the canals up until about 2003.

event.png

Timeline

It's pretty high because you have to have flood insurance on top of regular home owner's. Of all the years they lived there (25) they never had any serious weather come through.

event.png

Timeline

In a place like Florida, it's always a good idea to have the additional insurance. You're probably not required to have it since you don't live in a flood plain/prone zone, but with how the weather is down there, a flash flood can come through in minutes.

event.png

I got an early Birthday/Christmas present today!

Since I'm most likely leaving before my birthday.

I got an Acer Netbook. It's one of those mini laptops, it's pretty cool.

What's funny is that it has just about as much GB in memory than my desktop does :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

What's funny is that it has just about as much GB in memory than my desktop does :lol:

I jumped on the Netbook bandwagon this summer. Its precisely what I want in a laptop, no frills but light, long lasting, and small. All the power stays in the desktop I built.

I bought a Samsung NC10. I felt it was the best model at the time ie. 10" screen, full size keyboard, 8 hour battery life, and memory expansion slot that is extremely easy to access. Though at the time no 3G but you can always by a usb plug in.

Nice.

Once I get situated down in D.C. and we get all the "couple" things we need...a netbook will be the first thing on my list to buy.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I jumped on the Netbook bandwagon this summer. Its precisely what I want in a laptop, no frills but light, long lasting, and small. All the power stays in the desktop I built.

I bought a Samsung NC10. I felt it was the best model at the time ie. 10" screen, full size keyboard, 8 hour battery life, and memory expansion slot that is extremely easy to access. Though at the time no 3G but you can always by a usb plug in.

My husband has a Samsung NC10 as well and absolutely loves it. He has extended the memory and upgraded it in other ways but it is basically his main computer right now.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we will probably eventually get one of those netbooks.. they are prefect for traveling...

but for at home hubby seems to like his 15 inch screen gateway laptop

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Bill and I were at the Avalanche/Canucks game tonight (lets not talk about the score...)

Oh, let's talk about the score. Please let's! :P

Hey, let me gloat for at least a moment. My Canucks have been ravaged by injuries this year and they needed a good rout to boost their confidence.

Colorado is a good team his year. I've always been something of a contradiction in terms, as I'm a big Canucks fan, but also quite like the Avs. There used to be such a huge rivalry until Bertuzzi punched Moore...

I miss those days. Those were some great games, even though the Avs usually got the better of the 'Nucks.

Alright, I'll let you have your moment. Just this once ;)

Its just annoying when you spend good money to go to a game and your team plays like a bunch of idiots. Ugh. The poor calls didn't help their case either. The first period was a ref train wreck. Like really? Open your eyes!

But, I'm not really against the Canucks either. They aren't my favorite team, that's for sure, but I'll end up loving some of their players come February! :P So I guess I can't be a complete hypocrite right?

Colorado hates Bertuzzi, its fantastic. Whenever the Wings come to down and Bertuzzi so much as touches the puck, everyone starts booing. Its actually quite entertaining.

Alright, I'll let you have your moment. Just this once ;)

Its just annoying when you spend good money to go to a game and your team plays like a bunch of idiots. Ugh. The poor calls didn't help their case either. The first period was a ref train wreck. Like really? Open your eyes!

But, I'm not really against the Canucks either. They aren't my favorite team, that's for sure, but I'll end up loving some of their players come February! :P So I guess I can't be a complete hypocrite right?

Colorado hates Bertuzzi, its fantastic. Whenever the Wings come to down and Bertuzzi so much as touches the puck, everyone starts booing. Its actually quite entertaining.

Boy do I ever hear you on the "pay good money to see them lose" thing. I have a very bad record at Canucks games... They're something like 5 wins and 15 losses with me in attendance. It's really rather bizarre! Even when I went to the Canucks vs. Capitals game in Washington last year the Canucks lost, and only had 8 or so shots on net in the entire game! Brutal.

It's funny about the Bertuzzi thing. He was loved when he was a Canuck, but he gets soundly booed whenever he's in the building these days too. Then again, Vancouver's a fickle city!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.