Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My parents and little sister are coming to visit me tomorrow and they're staying for a week. They just missed me so they decided to make a trip out of it! :)

It'll be nice to keep my mind off that AOS interview next Monday...

That's awesome, have tons of fun! I loved having my Mom visit.

I quit my current job today and accepted a new amazing job somewhere else last night.

My new job is a lot more money, 5 weeks vacation and pays overtime, which in my field we do a lot of anyways, so it's A-mazing. It's an exact replica of the job I left in Canada, which I loved and was extremely passionate about so I am SO EXCITED!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My parents and little sister are coming to visit me tomorrow and they're staying for a week. They just missed me so they decided to make a trip out of it! :)

I quit my current job today and accepted a new amazing job somewhere else last night.

My new job is a lot more money, 5 weeks vacation and pays overtime, which in my field we do a lot of anyways, so it's A-mazing. It's an exact replica of the job I left in Canada, which I loved and was extremely passionate about so I am SO EXCITED!!

Sounds like a very good change for you. Congrats! :)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the new job Sapphire, that's great!!

Ok, I hate to be a downer here but do you guys remember that, "How did everyone meet their significant others" thread? If you don't its right here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...20SO?&st=30

I looked it up, for some reason, I was interested in reading everyone stories again. The first time I read it I didn't really know anyone very well, but after hanging around here for about a year now I feel like I can identify everyone a lot better. Anyways, there was a couple in there who met getting cancer treatment (pg.3)... and I just notice that he died last month :( So sad!! Their story was so lovely. I'm crying for someone I don't even know, that's so not something I ever do.

Timeline
Congrats on the new job Sapphire, that's great!!

Ok, I hate to be a downer here but do you guys remember that, "How did everyone meet their significant others" thread? If you don't its right here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...20SO?&st=30

I looked it up, for some reason, I was interested in reading everyone stories again. The first time I read it I didn't really know anyone very well, but after hanging around here for about a year now I feel like I can identify everyone a lot better. Anyways, there was a couple in there who met getting cancer treatment (pg.3)... and I just notice that he died last month :( So sad!! Their story was so lovely. I'm crying for someone I don't even know, that's so not something I ever do.

That's sooo sad :(

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

You're on fire. Does anything ever not go your way? :lol:

Hard work indeed does pay off I am sure. Congrats.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, I love crabapples - crabapple Jelly is THE best! They don't seem to have them here in the South so I suspect it is a northern tree.

Thanks for the coffee and pie, Carla. Beautiful weather here too - into the 60s during the day but down to the 30s overnight. We had a strong frost this morning. Clear azure blue sky with not a cloud in sight - cool and dry :-). Kind of like a perfect Fall day back in Canada:-).

I should put this in the vent column but I woke up with a sore throat this morning so I may be coming down with something if I don't fight it off - have loaded up on vitamin C, sambucol and throat lozenges - hope it helps.

i read that as sambuca :blink:

good morning all, i'm working nights again, so you won't see much of me during the day.

So did I. :P

Timeline

You're on fire. Does anything ever not go your way? :lol:

Hard work indeed does pay off I am sure. Congrats.

I attribute it all to positive thinking, never settling and of course hard work.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congrats Sapphire, that is awesome!!!

I'm still looking for a job, there is NOTHING in Michigan it scares me.

I'm thinking about getting my real estate license and be a realtor. It means no salary for another 4 to 6 months and quite a few thousands to start.

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Congrats Sapphire, that is awesome!!!

I'm still looking for a job, there is NOTHING in Michigan it scares me.

I'm thinking about getting my real estate license and be a realtor. It means no salary for another 4 to 6 months and quite a few thousands to start.

What did you do in Canada Laure?

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After 3 very unsuccessful attempts to take our boat home, we got back to the Big Island yesterday but our boat is still on Oahu. I managed to give myself a concussion by getting hit in the head with the boom on Friday. The final incident leading to our abandonment of the boat. Chris had spent the past week over there getting the boat ready for the trip. The weather just wasn't cooperating.

But the silver lining is that in the one week Chris was living on the docks, he met a lot of sailors, and two have offered to sail her home for us next week. We should have done this months ago and saved a lot of time and arguments.

But the pet sitter we found was fabulous and made a great contact for someone willing to stay at the house and take care of the critters.

I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow. I need a vacation from my vacation. :crying:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I was account manager for Whirlpool, in Mississauga of course ;)

The US HQ of whirlpool is ironically in Michigan, 45 min from where we live but i dont really want to go back there ....

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I was account manager for Whirlpool, in Mississauga of course ;)

The US HQ of whirlpool is ironically in Michigan, 45 min from where we live but i dont really want to go back there ....

That's cool. Maybe see if you can get a job in a real estate office as an assistant or something like that while you decide if you want to become an agent. I have a friend who was a teacher who really wanted to be in real estate, so she get herself a job at an office as an assistant as the first step. You'll be able to network and see if it's the right fit for you without the major investment.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

As a lifelong West-coaster, I'm constantly amazed at how many cities there are -- and how CLOSE they are -- along the East coast. I mean...in Vancouver, the closest city is Seattle, 2.5 hours away. Portland is 5 hours away. San Fransisco is 14 or so away. Calgary...12 hours away.

When you're in pretty much any city on the East coast though, you've got several cities within five hours. I just love that. It's going to be great being able to make it to Boston, New York, Philidelphia, Pittsburgh and countless others on a mere day trip.

I don't know why I'm fascinated by this...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.