Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd check in and say hello!! Things are busy busy busy for us.. good but I miss the days when we were living an hr away from anyone we knew.. I like my hubby.. love spending time with him.. community .. geesh.. :)

tee hee.. stress levels still high.. loads to do, not enough time to do it in.. drama is ongoing ..

Miss everyone.. hope all is well!!!

I liked it but was kinda bummed after the first scene. I guess Juliette

is really dead

on LOST :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO spoiler.. I haven't watched season 5 yet!!!!

Don't worry! It's LOST, after all, so nothing is ever quite as it seems.

Season five is fantastic, but then again, so is the entire series.

I wouldn't say definitively that

Juliette is dead

. Also, there are other non-dead characters from LOST currently making appearances on other TV shows. But my educated guess is that

Juliette is NOT dead

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Ugh. I'm sitting in the library and you're not supposed to have your cellphone on. But my cellphone never rings so I didn't bother turning it off. Guess what? It rang. So I grabbed it and turned it off. At least, I thought I turned it off. <_< It rang again. It is now off. How embarrassing.

Okay. Gotta go. I have 20 minutes remaining on my computer time and I still have to research new monitors. :angry:

Newegg.com is a good place to shop if you are ok with online shopping. My husband is a computer nerd and gets all his computer stuff there. The mail in rebates are kind of annoying, but you do seem to save alot of moula there.

You do. :) I'm a computer nerd and i only buy computer related things from Newegg.

Thank guys. I am now at the local bistro on my laptop and drinking a glass of sauvignon blanc. :) I'm going to try that site now.

Hi Emancipation. I haven't been able to use facebook since my computer crashed last March. It freezes me out now. :(

Holy ####### it's hot here. I'm partially in the sun because that's where the plug is outdoors on the patio. Wasn't able to get a table in the shade. boooo (I know, I know. Cry me a river. lol)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

stinky stinkers.. you & Carla seem to have issues with FB Krikit!! :( Bummer...

I'm around.. not here very much have to devote myself to a different forum these days (different topic altogether) :( Sadly the new forum doesn't have the amazing CDN's in it :( Boo.... but it's what I have to do right now.. miss everyone!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Yeah. Don't know why that happened. I suspect it had something to do with one of the apps I downloaded from that site (fb). The joys of the modern age.

Sorry you are having to go through whatever you're going through, Michelle. :( I hope things get better for you soon. I'm sure you've had your quota of #######-to-go-through by now. Things have got to be looking up soon.

iagree.gif

Holy ####### it's hot here. I'm partially in the sun because that's where the plug is outdoors on the patio. Wasn't able to get a table in the shade. boooo (I know, I know. Cry me a river. lol)

Send me that Florida sun, please!

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline
Yeah. Don't know why that happened. I suspect it had something to do with one of the apps I downloaded from that site (fb). The joys of the modern age.

Sorry you are having to go through whatever you're going through, Michelle. :( I hope things get better for you soon. I'm sure you've had your quota of #######-to-go-through by now. Things have got to be looking up soon.

*sigh.. sure hope so.. but the truth is the journey has just begun :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was just watching a show and they mentioned crab-apples...

My grandma had the best crab-apple tree in her backyard.. they were so good...

my mom would also can crab-apples.. yum!! I miss crab-apples.. :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning everyone! It's Friday! We're set to have a gorgeous weekend in the mid 70's...so I'm looking forward to spending lots of time outside!

Enjoy your weekend.

pie1.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning.

We have a crab apple tree right outside our small patio here, very pretty tree - or it was until all the leaves fell off and landed right in front of the patio door. Huge winds here right now, chinook winds, which are always welcome - so it's going to be warm here today too.

Timeline

Oh, I love crabapples - crabapple Jelly is THE best! They don't seem to have them here in the South so I suspect it is a northern tree.

Thanks for the coffee and pie, Carla. Beautiful weather here too - into the 60s during the day but down to the 30s overnight. We had a strong frost this morning. Clear azure blue sky with not a cloud in sight - cool and dry :-). Kind of like a perfect Fall day back in Canada:-).

I should put this in the vent column but I woke up with a sore throat this morning so I may be coming down with something if I don't fight it off - have loaded up on vitamin C, sambucol and throat lozenges - hope it helps.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh, I love crabapples - crabapple Jelly is THE best! They don't seem to have them here in the South so I suspect it is a northern tree.

Thanks for the coffee and pie, Carla. Beautiful weather here too - into the 60s during the day but down to the 30s overnight. We had a strong frost this morning. Clear azure blue sky with not a cloud in sight - cool and dry :-). Kind of like a perfect Fall day back in Canada:-).

I should put this in the vent column but I woke up with a sore throat this morning so I may be coming down with something if I don't fight it off - have loaded up on vitamin C, sambucol and throat lozenges - hope it helps.

i read that as sambuca :blink:

good morning all, i'm working nights again, so you won't see much of me during the day.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

My parents and little sister are coming to visit me tomorrow and they're staying for a week. They just missed me so they decided to make a trip out of it! :)

It'll be nice to keep my mind off that AOS interview next Monday...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.