Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I get really, really annoyed when people don't vote!! Usually these are the same people who complain about the politicians, etc.

Thats what bothers me too. My husband votes for the nation but not his state.

But hey he doesn't have to work here, whereas I do. He goes to Philadelphia every day to his great job, he has no complaints really and doesn't understand what it's like to see a huge portion of your pay cheque just go. I have never been taxed so hard.. and I'm Canadian. :lol:

Too bad you couldn't vote on behalf of him since you work in NJ :lol: The NJ race got alot of attention nationwide!!

I don't even know who I would have voted for. I don't identify with either party really. Who's the lesser of the two evils is what most people around me were asking.

I am all for social programs, but I think they need to be regulated and governed. You can't just throw money at people and organizations without really looking at where it's going. Hey there's some more jobs right there... :P

I don't know too much about either candidates, but I do know that the guy that won publicly discussed his, ahem, distaste for same sex rights. He wants to keep NJ's "moral" compass in check, idiot. So, I would have voted for the Democrat, based upon that.

Yep very true. Also why I wouldn't even know who I would have voted for if given the opportunity.

You had to choose the lesser of two evils.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My dad put it into perspective for me when I was getting close to voting age. That not only should you vote to have your voice heard, but you should also vote out of respect for those who fought in wars so that you are ABLE to vote. There are people in many countries who would love not only the freedom to choose who their leaders should be, but the ability to do it safely. I guess I am a bit biased with this as well having a fiance who is in the army and has fought for this very right in more than one country.

I also think that if you don't vote, you shouldn't be b1tching and complaining when the gov't does things you don't agree with.

It is very sad when more people vote for Canadian Idol than for our leaders.

Timeline

Thanks for the coffee.

I woke up late and rushed to work, but I feel well rested. My son is at my inlaws for the night - see Carla my husband and I are having US time tonight! :P

Finally going out with our friend who just recently moved here from San Diego. He's been bugging us to go out since he arrived... so we are finally all going to go hang out in the city tonight.

Poor guy would write us messages like: "I know you're busy being responsible adults but when can you guys come hang out?" :lol:

Talk about guilt trip.

Donne moi une poptart!

Thanks for the coffee.

I woke up late and rushed to work, but I feel well rested. My son is at my inlaws for the night - see Carla my husband and I are having US time tonight! :P

Finally going out with our friend who just recently moved here from San Diego. He's been bugging us to go out since he arrived... so we are finally all going to go hang out in the city tonight.

Poor guy would write us messages like: "I know you're busy being responsible adults but when can you guys come hang out?" :lol:

Talk about guilt trip.

I see! :lol: I hope you'll have a lot of fun! I think it's good for all couples with kids to do this...not all the time, but once in a while! I'm glad you're doing this and it should be fun catching up with your friend who recently moved back!

carlahmsb4.gif

Woah cool!

It's pouring hail outside right now!

And I just got back from the store, I'm thankful I wasnt caught in that.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
US time Nev? You and hubby going out to do uniquely American things? Thats so cute :P

You know darn well what I meant! :lol:

Yes I do, now have fun with your cheesesteaks and freedom fries :rofl:

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. I'm sitting in the library and you're not supposed to have your cellphone on. But my cellphone never rings so I didn't bother turning it off. Guess what? It rang. So I grabbed it and turned it off. At least, I thought I turned it off. <_< It rang again. It is now off. How embarrassing.

Okay. Gotta go. I have 20 minutes remaining on my computer time and I still have to research new monitors. :angry:

iagree.gif

I missed the whole V talk a couple of days ago, but I too watched the show.

Then I decided to look it up on Wikipedia because Mom wanted to know who one of the actors was. And I learned that they're only broadcasting 4 eps in November, then putting the show on hiatus until March.

:(

Stupid Olympics. I was actually intrigued by the show too.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd check in and say hello!! Things are busy busy busy for us.. good but I miss the days when we were living an hr away from anyone we knew.. I like my hubby.. love spending time with him.. community .. geesh.. :)

tee hee.. stress levels still high.. loads to do, not enough time to do it in.. drama is ongoing ..

Miss everyone.. hope all is well!!!

I liked it but was kinda bummed after the first scene. I guess Juliette

is really dead

on LOST :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO spoiler.. I haven't watched season 5 yet!!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ugh. I'm sitting in the library and you're not supposed to have your cellphone on. But my cellphone never rings so I didn't bother turning it off. Guess what? It rang. So I grabbed it and turned it off. At least, I thought I turned it off. <_< It rang again. It is now off. How embarrassing.

Okay. Gotta go. I have 20 minutes remaining on my computer time and I still have to research new monitors. :angry:

Newegg.com is a good place to shop if you are ok with online shopping. My husband is a computer nerd and gets all his computer stuff there. The mail in rebates are kind of annoying, but you do seem to save alot of moula there.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Newegg.com is a good place to shop if you are ok with online shopping. My husband is a computer nerd and gets all his computer stuff there. The mail in rebates are kind of annoying, but you do seem to save alot of moula there.

You do. :) I'm a computer nerd and i only buy computer related things from Newegg.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

*Waves* Hi Emancipation!

Nice seeing you back here...although I see your updates on FB almost every day :lol:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.