Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Careful, some people round these parts would take offense and throw rocks at your dog for that.

:whistle:

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Careful, some people round these parts would take offense and throw rocks at your dog for that.

Lol Oh I'm planning on "home-brewing" it if this is what it takes Lol.

My poor wife is about 5 foot 1, 90 pounds. I have absolutely no idea why some fat old man would give her attitude when it's obvious that she couldn't get her car out of the driveway. Anything I do to them will be nice and anonymous, welcome to the neighborhood hahaha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am excited.. I just bought tickets for a production of The Christmas Carol at our local theater for December 19th.. :dance:

I got 2nd row seats... I could have got first row but I thought that might be too close...

I told the hubby that could be my Christmas present this year...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I am excited.. I just bought tickets for a production of The Christmas Carol at our local theater for December 19th.. :dance:

I got 2nd row seats... I could have got first row but I thought that might be too close...

When I was in college I worked at our school's theatre and that was by far the biggest show of the year, have a great time!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It's interesting how different people see home ownership! I am 100% uncomfortable with not owning a house. There is the whole privacy issue - but just from a money perspective, paying money towards someone elses investment when we could be making our own investment is just abhorrent to me.

Different personality types I suppose.

If my rent weren't ridiculously cheap, I would agree with you. However it is, and it hasn't gone up in 8 years.

My landlords are decent, and replace stuff when it breaks without hassling me too much.

I can't justify doubling my payments to get a place to live, just because it's "an investment".

Especially with what some of my friends and families "investments" did recently.

Well the other thing is, a house shouldn't be seen as a short term investment (unless you are a real estate investor or flipper) - it's a long term investment. If some of your friends and family lost value in their homes recently, that is too bad - but they are still in a better position (financially) than those that don't own.

If they bought their home say 15 years ago - the resale price may well have dropped back to what it was 15 years ago - however 20 years from now it will still be worth more than it is today, generally.

And they can then sell it - a renter gets zip.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Lol The house next door to ours was just bought and I guess the folks were moving in this morning. Only problem was they rented a U-Haul truck and blocked the entire lower part of my driveway so my wife couldn't get out to to go work. She walked over and politely asked for them to move it and they had some attitude about it and asked why she wasn't already at work. I'm going to go home tonight and if it's in any way blocking my driveway I'm going to start some ####### Lol.

I have a friend in the Detroit area who could take care of them for you.

Lol I'm pondering taking a nice steamy dump on their lil porch area if it comes to that, go nice and immature old-school style :)

I approve this message. :thumbs::devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Lol Oh I'm planning on "home-brewing" it if this is what it takes Lol.

My poor wife is about 5 foot 1, 90 pounds. I have absolutely no idea why some fat old man would give her attitude when it's obvious that she couldn't get her car out of the driveway. Anything I do to them will be nice and anonymous, welcome to the neighborhood hahaha.

We should talk. :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil: A Fat old man fits nicely in the trunk of a Crown Vic, I'm just saying....

IR5

Timeline

Pah!!!! Nice steamy dump made me laugh out loud! If you're going to go nice and immature, may as well go it old school. But the funniest thought? You, sitting (aka squatting) there with your mag and your roll of TP planting the ole cactus on their porch and their motion detector light comes on!

OH the lolz that would ensure. .

;)

Lol The house next door to ours was just bought and I guess the folks were moving in this morning. Only problem was they rented a U-Haul truck and blocked the entire lower part of my driveway so my wife couldn't get out to to go work. She walked over and politely asked for them to move it and they had some attitude about it and asked why she wasn't already at work. I'm going to go home tonight and if it's in any way blocking my driveway I'm going to start some ####### Lol.

Lol I'm pondering taking a nice steamy dump on their lil porch area if it comes to that, go nice and immature old-school style :)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Pah!!!! Nice steamy dump made me laugh out loud! If you're going to go nice and immature, may as well go it old school. But the funniest thought? You, sitting (aka squatting) there with your mag and your roll of TP planting the ole cactus on their porch and their motion detector light comes on!

;)

Haha I'm going to begin planning this tonight just like Mr. Culkin did in the Home Alone movies hahaha :)

Timeline

Bowflex...

Let us know how that turns out. But, uh, I think we're good without the pics,k?

Good.

:P

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

BWahhahahahahahahahaha!

Action shots...

Gross.

Oh well, there went my action shots idea :whistle:

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

When I was in college I worked at our school's theatre and that was by far the biggest show of the year, have a great time!

yeah I love gong to theater productions... the hubby doesn't mind them and he can't complain because I go to a lot of baseball game with him :P

I have been wanting to go to a production at this theater for ages.. they just finished rebuilding the theater a few years ago... this theater first opened in 1920

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covina_Center...Performing_Arts

I just found out that there is going to be a production of Little Women at a different theater in the next few months too.. I would love to go to that.. maybe I can convince him to go if we take our niece along... :whistle:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

;)

Haha I'm going to begin planning this tonight just like Mr. Culkin did in the Home Alone movies hahaha :)

That's cute but I would get an empty pizza box and then evacuate your bowels. Then stealthily make your delivery. Hide in the bushes or have a hidden camera. I can neither confirm nor deny that I have taken such actions in the past. :innocent:

IR5

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We have leftover candy. Ugh. :( I'm delivering training today to new recruits so I think I'll take it in as "treats" to the trainees! :yes: Gilbert has a vet appointment today as well...more shots. Poor dear.

Enjoy your day!

coffee-28.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.