Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay!!! My husband is going fishing tomorrow and I'm going to Columbia with a friend to do some shopping!!! It's much more fun to do with someone else who ISN'T your husband...

Hopefully I can add to his Christmas present. I can legally drive until Nov. 16th, ( 90 days from crossing the border ) so after that it's going to be hard to do much.... *sigh* Maybe I can get a little "extra" help from a couple friends I've made to drive me around.

:lol: I guess the mall doesn't have a Bass Pro Shop close by. :lol:

:lol: no...not here. The closest one, is in Charlotte, two hours away. It's a HUGE store too. I probably wouldn't know what to pick up from there because his fishing and my fishing are two different things...

Guess I'll be learning though.....

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so now we have a little bit of a mess going on here now :P..

it looks like someone finally moved in next door but last night when the hubby got home they were parked in his spot because the other neighbors are still parked in the spot for that apartment..

hubby got home after 2am so it was too late to ask them to move.. luckily he managed to find a spot on the street...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Homes were invented by people who enjoy stress.

You don't see critters getting stressed out about their caves do you?

Now... can I get high speed internet to my cave.... that's the real question.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the thing is we don't want to be rude and go over and say "hey you parked in our spot" :P

that is what happened with us when we first moved in... the same people who are parked in the other spot were parked in our spot.... so the neighbors who's spot we were parked in came knocking on our door asking us if that was our car... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeesh. I get stressed every time I read about the rental problems. I hope you all the win the lottery so you can buy your own homes. :)

Yay for the lottery!!

On the upside of our apartment - I have not seen nor heard from them since I last called them. Therefore I am content to live here until the end of January when we either buy something or rent something else :)

(I'm trying to make you feel better krikit :lol: - but the above is true)

Oh which reminds me of a lottery story I was reading in the paper the other day - the facts:

- Guy is in a lottery buying pool - a ticket wins the 7 million

- Guy states it was not one of the pool tickets - it was his own personal ticket - it wasn't on the pool list - so maybe that part is true.

So i'm reading this story and it turns out the guy won a million last year too. Plus 2 other big lotto prizes earlier hmmm.

Well in further reading it turns out the guys BIL is one of the 'claimants' on this last win - even though he wasn't in the pool. It also turns out that the BIL is a relative of the owner of the lottery kiosk!!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Btw, Peachey and I in costume.

You get imaginary tim-bits if you know what my costume is. =)

lisa_mike_halloween.jpg

Edited by Varba

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I must say I love our apartment. It is quiet, super nice, etc. When I think of home ownership, I think of having to talk to neighbors and go into a :dead: hell no moment.

I agree.

I understand the investment aspect but the whole home ownership thing doesn't appeal to me. But it appeals to my husband so I know one day I'm going to have to conform. :( Teh suck.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Btw, Peachey and I in costume.

You get imaginary tim-bits if you know what my costume is. =)

lisa_mike_halloween.jpg

3 headed knight from monty python.

Now gimmie my timbits. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

We have some, and I'm in PA. I can meet you somewhere :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I must say I love our apartment. It is quiet, super nice, etc. When I think of home ownership, I think of having to talk to neighbors and go into a :dead: hell no moment.

I agree.

I understand the investment aspect but the whole home ownership thing doesn't appeal to me. But it appeals to my husband so I know one day I'm going to have to conform. :( Teh suck.

Amen, sistah.

I understand the investment aspect too, and yet I still don't see my wife and I being in a position to buy (or even WANTING to buy) an apartment or home for a very long time. I think we'll just rent / lease for the foreseeable future. I'm oddly comfortable with that notion...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.