Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I have had two..... repeat..... TWO.... peanut butter cups this morning. And it's not even noon yet!! Damn those missing trick-or-treaters!!! :protest:

OHHHHH peanut butter cups , hmmmmmm i already ate eh hmmmmm i think 20 tootsi rolls this morning

lol i guess thats my brunch for today , oh and kriket dont get mad at the trick or treaters lol if you have to much chocolate send it my way am a chocoholic if it was up to me i would eat candy for breakfast lunch and supper lol chocolate hmmmmmmmmm come to mama :P lol

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So... after all my research and stuff trying to get my butt to MD for Xmas via all sort of other modes of transportation I just ended up buying a very, very cheap ticket from Air Canada to Washington DC and from there, I, LGG, am going to take Washington PUblic transportation to where my husband works. yes. yes. I am. I figure, if I'm going to be without wheels for the first while there and I'll be living there, I sure as hell should figure out how to get my a** around.

Husband would pick me up BUT I am going to do it myself.

"sides if i can get myself from Hong Kong airport to Kowloon on public transportation, then I sure as hell can do it in Washington where the signs are in English.

:)

I got a great deal on my ticket. It was 400$ return, direct from Toronto. The ticket to BWI is still close to 800$ so...

I was also thinking too, wouldn't it be 'hilarious' if I just got my ticket for xmas and NVC schedules us an interview for December??? Hilarious.

:|

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
Pack light! :lol:

:lol:

I think i'd rather do the Hong Kong/Kowloon trip!

Hey wouldn't it be funny if you got an interview in early December and you used the flight to move to the U.S.! hmmm!

Timeline

Hey Trailmix? That trip I was talking about was AWESOME!!!! I spent 3 months in South East Asia traveling around by myself. It was the trip of a lifetime -- I get all teary-eyed talking about it because every single day was a joy. Seriously.

I worked my t*ts off for two years so I could save the money and pay all my rent and stuff while I was gone, took a 3 month leave of absence from my jobs and just travelled. It rocked.

And I like how you think -- I would love to be able to use that ticket to fly home for xmas and STAY!

:D

Here's to hoping.

But i'll tell you, I feel slightly better about stuff now that I know that regardless of what happens, at least we've got the important dates coming up booked to be together.

Blah, blah, blah.... I am a broken record...

:D

Pack light! :lol:

:lol:

I think i'd rather do the Hong Kong/Kowloon trip!

Hey wouldn't it be funny if you got an interview in early December and you used the flight to move to the U.S.! hmmm!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I have had two..... repeat..... TWO.... peanut butter cups this morning. And it's not even noon yet!! Damn those missing trick-or-treaters!!! :protest:

Holy pancreas Batman! :o

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

So... after all my research and stuff trying to get my butt to MD for Xmas via all sort of other modes of transportation I just ended up buying a very, very cheap ticket from Air Canada to Washington DC and from there, I, LGG, am going to take Washington PUblic transportation to where my husband works. yes. yes. I am. I figure, if I'm going to be without wheels for the first while there and I'll be living there, I sure as hell should figure out how to get my a** around.

"sides if i can get myself from Hong Kong airport to Kowloon on public transportation, then I sure as hell can do it in Washington where the signs are in English.

I got a great deal on my ticket. It was 400$ return, direct from Toronto. The ticket to BWI is still close to 800$ so...

I was also thinking too, wouldn't it be 'hilarious' if I just got my ticket for xmas and NVC schedules us an interview for December??? Hilarious.

Hey, cool! I didn't know we were going to be neighbors down here! As you know, I'm visiting my wife in D.C. as we speak (Alexandria, specifically). Washington area is quite easy to find your way around in. I haven't taken the Metro yet, but I hear it's quite good.

Let me know if you want to go to the opera here. My wife works there (in a fairly high up position, no less) so I could possibly get you a good deal. :)

Flying out of Canada is sure horrible, isn't it? Man. I find it insane that I can fly from Seattle to D.C. for $240, with only 24 hours prior to the flight...while a flight from Vancouver to Hamilton later this month is $515. I'm dreading what the Montreal flight will be like...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I went out to anthropologie tonight and I think I went overboard. :(

Hi my name is Nevada, and I think I may be a shop-a-holic.

That's OK, Phillies lost las night so you've got to do something to take your mind off the game. Did you manage to get to Citizens Bank Park?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

No I didnt go in for it... I am just watching the games from home. Thats exactly what it was though, retail therapy for the Phillies losing. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Well . . . . the winners of the Little Miss Kona Coffee Pageant have been selected. A few tears, a few smiles, some shrieking mothers. . . . . .

The pageant today was interesting to say the least. Kona is small. So to have 400 people pack the ballroom, I guess this is a big event. One of the girls was 11 and looked like she was 18. Scary! A few of the small girls were all done up with false eyelashes and hair extensions. Others just looked like cute flower girls at a wedding.

The interviews of the kids (ages 4-16) when quite well. All of the ladies were very poised and polite. Some smarter and more thoughtful than others.

Many of girls were extremely talented in dancing and signing. The 11/18 year old was the best hula dancer I have ever seen. However, there was something really wrong with the 13 year old, sensual belly dancer. Seriously.

Once the girls were crowned, the "judge's chair" ushered us out the back door and we were told to high tail it out of there. Apparently some of the parent's go bananas when their kids don't win and start accosting the judges with "why didn't you pick my daughter?" :blink: I thought it was a joke, but soon as we headed around the corner one of the mothers was right behind our head judge and grabbed him by the elbow. I took off my high heels, ready to bolt for the car. It was really something else.

There is something really strange about watching the way someone walks and decided on a scale of 1-10. But stranger yet is the feeling that while its wrong, enjoying doing it at the same time.

Timeline

The metro in DC is excellent. Are u flying into DCA?? if so the metro is right there. Not the case with Dulles

http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm DCA is on the yellow or blue lines

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

DC has some of the best and most reliable public transportation, you'll be in great hands!

Donne moi une poptart!

DC has some of the best and most reliable public transportation, you'll be in great hands!

I love it here. Wish I could stay this time! :(

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.