Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So we went to Sobeys - rather boring but we now have good snacks! I had forgotten they don't do the quarter for the shopping cart, so there is another piece of supermarket info.

I just had a bagel - it was good, normal. I also noticed they have Hunt's beans here now (they may have had them before - I only ever buy Heinz) - checked the label, no HFCS :lol:

Bought bicks dill pickles. You know it is actually MORE fun to buy stuff here that I missed than buying stuff in the U.S. that I had never tried wooo hoooo!

Interested to hear the report on your adventure MrsCat!

Any glucose/fructose or glucose-fructose? ;)

No, none of that either :lol:

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really addicted to "Pokerface" by Lady Gaga right now.

Yes. I know the song is more than a year old, I dont own a tv or listen to the radio.

I watched South Park yesterday and Cartman was singing it, so it made me look it up :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Timeline

Yes. I know the song is more than a year old, I dont own a tv or listen to the radio.

I watched South Park yesterday and Cartman was singing it, so it made me look it up :lol:

I just had to google that. :lol:

I used to have a bathing suit like that back in the day. Only it was purple. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

have you guys seen these? they were on the Canadian version of the Dragon's Den.. I just ordered some for my dad as a Christmas present.. he will get a kick out of it.. He is a big Tim Horton's fan...

http://www.rimroller.com/index.php

mvSuprise-hug.gif

have you guys seen these? they were on the Canadian version of the Dragon's Den.. I just ordered some for my dad as a Christmas present.. he will get a kick out of it.. He is a big Tim Horton's fan...

I saw those in Zellers last year during the last Roll up the Rim.

It's not really THAT hard to roll up the rim :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I just had to google that. :lol:

I used to have a bathing suit like that back in the day. Only it was purple. lol

So did I. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I saw those in Zellers last year during the last Roll up the Rim.

It's not really THAT hard to roll up the rim :lol:

yeah I know.. but my dad will think it is neat ..lol

I was just thinking.. hopefully he doesn't have one already...lol.. I didn't know til awhile ago that they sold them at Zellers...:P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Yay!!! My husband is going fishing tomorrow and I'm going to Columbia with a friend to do some shopping!!! It's much more fun to do with someone else who ISN'T your husband...

Hopefully I can add to his Christmas present. I can legally drive until Nov. 16th, ( 90 days from crossing the border ) so after that it's going to be hard to do much.... *sigh* Maybe I can get a little "extra" help from a couple friends I've made to drive me around.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

They'll fit right in with his sea monkeys and pet rock. :lol: I wonder if the inventors of the rimroller planned it to be a novelty item. Useful products come and go but novelty items go on forever, now if you'll excuse I've got to check my mail, I'm expecting a mood ring. :lol:

Yay!!! My husband is going fishing tomorrow and I'm going to Columbia with a friend to do some shopping!!! It's much more fun to do with someone else who ISN'T your husband...

Hopefully I can add to his Christmas present. I can legally drive until Nov. 16th, ( 90 days from crossing the border ) so after that it's going to be hard to do much.... *sigh* Maybe I can get a little "extra" help from a couple friends I've made to drive me around.

:lol: I guess the mall doesn't have a Bass Pro Shop close by. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I kind of thought that too, but I guess there is the issue of getting in to the building. I remember when we were kids we would look at an apartment building longingly (actually there was only one even remotely close to us at that time) thinking ohhh that would be so much easier (and warmer) to go trick or treating innn - but I don't think we ever did.

In an interesting turn, or non-turn of events here. Calgary did have an apartment shortage, I mean it was tight and so hard to find a place to live. That has loosened up considerably. This place where we live is really quite nice in general. The location is close-ish to the city and a lot of other places, the view is amazing, the apartments are really quite nice (plain but not horrible) and the price is not bad.

So while rentals have loosened up, they are still not cheap and this place is pretty reasonable (we pay $ 975.00 for a 2 bedroom).

Anyway, since we moved in there has always been a sign by the mailboxes - refer someone who rents and get $100. So I see the other day the sign has been taken down and replaced with - refer someone and get $ 250.

When it gets to $ 500 I might start recruiting :hehe:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning and happy day light to you guys too ,

felt so good to sleep that extra hour this morning getting up at 6 instead of 5 ,

yes it was my first trick or treat here at our house , we had about 50 - 60 kids ( compare to 0 at the old apartment where we lived last year )they all looked so cute ,

was a great night warm but windy perfect for a new england halloween

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.