5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Good morning everyone. I am back from my hols. :) Had a lovely time, but it's good to be home. I had all my belongings super-searched and drugs/explosives residue tested at the airport in Buffalo yesterday. I also received the body pat-down (arms out; spread your legs), as well as the drugs/explosives residue testing on my hands and shoes. She was nice about it, though. :)

I forgot my samosas! :crying: And I also forgot to pick up Charles' timbits. Oh well. I hear he has a freezer full. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Good morning everyone. I am back from my hols. :) Had a lovely time, but it's good to be home. I had all my belongings super-searched and drugs/explosives residue tested at the airport in Buffalo yesterday. I also received the body pat-down (arms out; spread your legs), as well as the drugs/explosives residue testing on my hands and shoes. She was nice about it, though. :)

I forgot my samosas! :crying: And I also forgot to pick up Charles' timbits. Oh well. I hear he has a freezer full. :hehe:

Welcome back Krikit! So lovely to see you! :)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
And I also forgot to pick up Charles' timbits. Oh well. I hear he has a freezer full. :hehe:

:protest::no:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome back sand castle hater. :)

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Ummmm I may have missed something here....why were you thoroughly searched?? Not sure I want to ask what kind of souvenirs you brought home.. :lol:

I do know about the arms out deal. But it only happens in Canadian airports! I have a barrette in my hair and it always sets off the metal detectors. But never the ones in the States. How's that for strange? So in Canada, I go through, then just go to the "line" and spread out my arms and they take the wand over me. I always laugh with them, and they've been super nice.

Welcome back too!!! :)

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

So the interview went well yesterday.

I have a follow up interview on Monday with the Manager who makes the final decision. I think yesterday's interview was more of a "Lets see if this person can handle the job" type interview and if they make their recommendation maybe we'll hire her.

Because Kettler is where the Washington Capitals practice and hold events and such, all employees have to have extensive background checks. I told him I've passed quite a few, so you shouldn't have a problem with me :lol:

One of the questions he asked was How would you react if Alex Ovechkin walked into the Pro Shop. I told him that would be pretty cool, but I wouldn't freak out like a crazy fan or anything....my husband on the other hand though... :whistle:

He laughed.

So we'll see how monday goes!

You know, it's funny, just last week I was telling John how cool it would be to work for the Caps in some capacity...and in a way, this job would be! Kind of cool :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

I have a follow up interview on Monday with the Manager who makes the final decision. I think yesterday's interview was more of a "Lets see if this person can handle the job" type interview and if they make their recommendation maybe we'll hire her.

Because Kettler is where the Washington Capitals practice and hold events and such, all employees have to have extensive background checks. I told him I've passed quite a few, so you shouldn't have a problem with me :lol:

One of the questions he asked was How would you react if Alex Ovechkin walked into the Pro Shop. I told him that would be pretty cool, but I wouldn't freak out like a crazy fan or anything....my husband on the other hand though... :whistle:

He laughed.

You know, it's funny, just last week I was telling John how cool it would be to work for the Caps in some capacity...and in a way, this job would be! Kind of cool :)

How exciting! Best of luck on Monday!! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

He laughed.

Sounds exciting! I'm sure Monday will go well for you too!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks Carla. :)

I'm bouncing around, here, trying to catch up. I don't think that's possible. lol

Give you a quick run down of the questions and then u wil be good to go

1) can I visiot the USA while my visa is pending?

2) DO i loose my CDn citizenship when I get my USA citizenship?

3) Where do I obtain my Police cert

4) the Leafs sucks

Ur all caught up,lol glad u had a good visit.

He laughed.

Sounds exciting! I'm sure Monday will go well for you too!

glad it went well, never know where it could lead. Some people in very high positions in sports have started at the very bottom and worked their way up. You are having a more extensive interview than what I had for my RN job,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline
Welcome back sand castle hater. :)

Oh! You just reminded me I can turn my signatures back on now. Some of the images were too much for my Mum's machine to handle so I had to turn them off.

Ummmm I may have missed something here....why were you thoroughly searched?? Not sure I want to ask what kind of souvenirs you brought home.. :lol:

I do know about the arms out deal. But it only happens in Canadian airports! I have a barrette in my hair and it always sets off the metal detectors. But never the ones in the States. How's that for strange? So in Canada, I go through, then just go to the "line" and spread out my arms and they take the wand over me. I always laugh with them, and they've been super nice.

No, not the metal detector wand search. The full hands-on-body pat-down feel-every-inch-of-my-body search. I didn't set off the metal detector. Never do. I've got that one down pat. lol. It was very much like a prison search, without the cavity check. I guess I must have had on the she's-the-criminal-type flashing neon sign yesterday and never even knew it. lol

Give you a quick run down of the questions and then u wil be good to go

1) can I visiot the USA while my visa is pending?

2) DO i loose my CDn citizenship when I get my USA citizenship?

3) Where do I obtain my Police cert

4) the Leafs sucks

Ur all caught up,lol glad u had a good visit.

:lol:

Thanks Flames. :thumbs:

Good luck with the job, J&K! If I'd been asked the Alex Ovechkin question I would have responded that there would have been no reaction.... because I have no idea who that is. :lol:

iagree.gif

Time to get back on track with my healthy eating. All the cake I had over the past few days really added some poundage to my waist.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Time to get back on track with my healthy eating. All the cake I had over the past few days really added some poundage to my waist.

I'm kind of regretting bringing back some buttertarts because now I have to eat them. :lol:

You don't HAVE to eat them. You could always donate them to people who absolutely love buttertarts and are now frothing at the mouth like a crackhead at he mere thought of them. Thanks krikit, thanks a lot :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.