Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Visiting two of Peachey's friends who are going for their master's degrees.

I believe it's in Ottawa. I haven't been there yet.

Peachey said she'll show me the capital... which I have reason to believe is actually an igloo. (Everything you read on the internet... ) :P

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Peachey said she'll show me the capital... which I have reason to believe is actually an igloo. (Everything you read on the internet... ) :P

Yeah it is :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have never seen the capital of Canada but I've been to DC twice... that's not right. :o

Whoa, does that mean I'll be more Canadian than you?

/chuckle

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:.................... no. :P

I guess this bride is having a huge wedding this weekend because she's bringing in boxes and boxes of stuff, like there are so many boxes it looks like someone is moving. There's boxes of pillars, pillar holders, candy candy candy... I guess they're doing a candy station, which by the way is very 2007 - but who's keeping up with wedding trends... well you'd figure she'd be keeping up since it looks like she has planned insanely for this event. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

No the igloo is in Pittsburgh. :lol: I've been to Ottawa a few times. Lots of huge black flies and shortly after I got home I heard that they found a body along the same route that I took, what an interesting coincidence. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I guess this bride is having a huge wedding this weekend because she's bringing in boxes and boxes of stuff, like there are so many boxes it looks like someone is moving. There's boxes of pillars, pillar holders, candy candy candy... I guess they're doing a candy station, which by the way is very 2007 - but who's keeping up with wedding trends... well you'd figure she'd be keeping up since it looks like she has planned insanely for this event. :lol:

Candy Station? I think I must go to more weddings to investigate more.

Timeline
:lol: .................... no. :P

This still isn't enough to convince me to get married. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
:lol: .................... no. :P

This still isn't enough to convince me to get married. :lol:

I've generally avoided weddings for the past 5-6 years. Mostly because they were invitations from acquaintances and people I didn't really know that well. I felt no connection to the people. But had I known there might have been a Candy Station, I would have considered attending :lol:

Timeline

Yea instead of favours on the tables they put different candies in jars and you pick out what you want. Oh I found out before I left that she is bringing in her own chairs, her own china, AND hiring people to stand in the bathrooms to hand out paper towels and she's also hiring someone to hang out the favours.

I just want to say: "Hey hand some money over to me I'll help you waste it!" :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Yea instead of favours on the tables they put different candies in jars and you pick out what you want. Oh I found out before I left that she is bringing in her own chairs, her own china, AND hiring people to stand in the bathrooms to hand out paper towels and she's also hiring someone to hang out the favours.

I just want to say: "Hey hand some money over to me I'll help you waste it!" :lol:

Sheesh, sounds like this lady's having an expensive wedding.

I wonder who paid for that :whistle:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Her parents who else? :lol:

Apparently her fathers only words at the meetings regarding the wedding is: "Whatever she wants..."

I remember when I was working as an assistant planner in Canada, "Whatever she wants" turned into me and my boss traveling to Niagara on the Lake to some creepy guys house looking to rent some monkeys and his time with the monkeys. Yep this bride wanted monkeys at her special day.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Her parents who else? :lol:

Apparently her fathers only words at the meetings regarding the wedding is: "Whatever she wants..."

I remember when I was working as an assistant planner in Canada, "Whatever she wants" turned into me and my boss traveling to Niagara on the Lake to some creepy guys house looking to rent some monkeys and his time with the monkeys. Yep this bride wanted monkeys at her special day.

Now, I would have splurged for monkeys. Could you imagine monkeys at the courthouse? :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.