Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She came over and said all sorts of inappropriate things to Varba and ended by calling him an a-hole.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
She came over and said all sorts of inappropriate things to Varba and ended by calling him an a-hole.

:huh: what was it over?

cancel that, i found it in the vent thread.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Well it's in the vent thread, but I'll repeat it here.

She came over and complained that he was parked in the visitors spot, and was gonna be there for a while. And because of that someone who was visiting someone upstairs (not the person complaining here) parked on the road illegally (next to the fire hydrant). Apparently this is Varba's fault because he is parked in the visitor's spot, and she was going to call the city on the car parked on the street and get it ticketed or towed.

Then she went on to tell him that it's his fault she can't smoke in the house (it's a non smoking building) because she "knows" we're the ones that complained about it (for the record, I didn't complain).

She finally ended it by calling him an a-hole. He thanked her for not smoking in the house, shook her hand and closed the door.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well it's in the vent thread, but I'll repeat it here.

She came over and complained that he was parked in the visitors spot, and was gonna be there for a while. And because of that someone who was visiting someone upstairs (not the person complaining here) parked on the road illegally (next to the fire hydrant). Apparently this is Varba's fault because he is parked in the visitor's spot, and she was going to call the city on the car parked on the street and get it ticketed or towed.

Then she went on to tell him that it's his fault she can't smoke in the house (it's a non smoking building) because she "knows" we're the ones that complained about it (for the record, I didn't complain).

She finally ended it by calling him an a-hole. He thanked her for not smoking in the house, shook her hand and closed the door.

for some reason, i'm envisioning that gal from

6636_5173872646.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so hubby said a lot of people at his work are kind of surprised that he didn't get the day shift position.. even supervisors from other shifts have been coming up to him and telling him how surprised they were..

now I am thinking that maybe they just wanted to keep him on the night shift.. he is one of the best workers on that shift..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a call from my husband early this morning on my drive in, apparently someone is holding hostages in my old workplace. I called one of my gf's and they were on lockdown in one of the buildings. I sure hope they're all going to be okay. I honestly feel sick to my stomach. :(

I got a call from my husband early this morning on my drive in, apparently someone is holding hostages in my old workplace. I called one of my gf's and they were on lockdown in one of the buildings. I sure hope they're all going to be okay. I honestly feel sick to my stomach. :(

Wow, that's scary.

I hope they'll be okay.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Saw this on the news MrsCat - it's WC right?

Hope they will be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, Mrs. Cat, that's scary! I hope it all works out well and your friends are ok.

Re: netbooks - my husband (being the computer geek that he is) has two - he got an ASUS just after they came out (he finds the keyboard too small) and recently got a Samsung N120, upgraded the harddrive and the memory (he does a lot of stuff requiring lots of memory) and just loves it. It has the nearly normal sized keyboard and that makes all the difference from his ASUS. At home he will link it in to one of his larger monitors so he doesn't have to work so hard to view on the small screen but it is very portable and he takes it to Barnes & Noble when we go for coffee (hehehe he finds books he likes and then checks them out on Amazon or other places to see if he gets the better buy at B&N or elsewhere). He has already recommended the same netbook to a friend of ours and she purchased it and loves it too. It would be perfect for what you want to do.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

We enjoy Our ASUS netbook. dont use it all that often, but fits the bill if yajust want to cruise the internet, email or use as a word processor.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I think the minis are good for vacations and stuff because they are easier to carry around and because they usually have a longer battery life but for at home personal use I prefer the larger laptop

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so in the month of December my hubby will only work about 13 days ..lol :dance:

he had scheduled 7 days around Christmas back in June or July ... plus he had one other vacation day and 3 personals left, which he finally decided to schedule this week.. he knew there wasn't much left because a lot of the guys on his shift have been there less then a year and they weren't aware that they got vacation time and how it worked etc..... anyways my hubby did get 3 Wednesdays off, 2 in December and one in November, plus they added an extra day to his vacation at Christmas time

I guess a lot of the guys were trying to get days off around Christmas but were told they couldn't because someone already had them off....lol but you snooze you loose :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.