Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish I had a long weekend tomorrow. :crying: Damn Hawaii doesn't celebrate Columbus Day. Couldn't they just rename it Captain Cook Day or something?!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I wish I had a long weekend tomorrow. :crying: Damn Hawaii doesn't celebrate Columbus Day. Couldn't they just rename it Captain Cook Day or something?!

Putting aside transubstantiation. :innocent: If you had a Captain Cook Day you'd have to go out and kill an English Sea Captain and render his or her flesh. :bonk: Now Cap'n Crunch Day, on the other hand, might not be a bad idea. :P

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Putting aside transubstantiation. :innocent: If you had a Captain Cook Day you'd have to go out and kill an English Sea Captain and render his or her flesh. :bonk: Now Cap'n Crunch Day, on the other hand, might not be a bad idea. :P

:lol: - I won't lie, I googled for the meaning of transubstantiation.

Timeline
Is H1N1 really as spread around in the US as people say it is?

I really don't understand why people are freaking out about it, since here there's hardly anyone with it.

Or are alot of people paranoid for no reason?

Global BC had a report about H1N1 on Friday morning. BC Health is essentially saying that anyone you know right now in BC that is sick with flu like symptoms will most likely be sick from H1N1. BC is having a huge increase in reported cases of the virus. We've had 7 people die so far - the latest one was a woman who was obese.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

so awhile back I was all gung-ho about going to Canada for Christmas but now I am not sure I want to and I am not sure why..

I know part of it is because of the money.. yeah we could afford it but I really want to get all our debt paid off so we can move out of here..

hubby did say I could go by myself but I don't want to go without him... I can't stand being apart from him...

my parents did say they might come in March again and we would probably go to Canada sometime later next year

then if we do stay here for Christmas this year I am not sure what I want to do.. Christmas is always spent at my SIL's house on Christmas Eve but it never really feels like Christmas.. partially because I am not terribly fond of my SIL's in-laws.. they kind of take over..

maybe the hubby and I will do something special Christmas Eve and then go to the SIL's house on Christmas day when her in-laws aren't there

we are also toying with the idea of staying at a B&B for a night or two between Christmas and New Years, maybe in Malibu ..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Global BC had a report about H1N1 on Friday morning. BC Health is essentially saying that anyone you know right now in BC that is sick with flu like symptoms will most likely be sick from H1N1. BC is having a huge increase in reported cases of the virus. We've had 7 people die so far - the latest one was a woman who was obese.

I'm sorry, but that actually made me laugh :lol: - not about the poor woman, but the 'the latest one was a woman who was obese'

What does her being obese have to do with her dying from H1N1 - or am I missing an important fact or something?

Timeline

I'm sorry, but that actually made me laugh :lol: - not about the poor woman, but the 'the latest one was a woman who was obese'

What does her being obese have to do with her dying from H1N1 - or am I missing an important fact or something?

yeah I was wondering about that too..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all. sorry, i couldn't wait for carla to post it, it's freezing here!

2215898130_659a086273.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

yeah I was wondering about that too..

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-0...swine-flu_N.htm

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well if you have pre-existing medical conditions, like obesity, heart problems, are pregnant or elderly, you have a higher chance of dying from any flu, not just H1N1. You are in poorer health if you're obese and would have a harder time getting over the flu than a healthy individual would

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Because H1N1 is worse in people with pre-existing conditions and they were not sure if obesity would have an effect.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Interesting Flames, thanks for posting that link. It would appear, from reading the article and another one in the NY times, that they have found no direct relationship between H1N1 and obesity - more a relationship between underlying conditions that can accompany that.

Oh and good morning!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Interesting Flames, thanks for posting that link. It would appear, from reading the article and another one in the NY times, that they have found no direct relationship between H1N1 and obesity - more a relationship between underlying conditions that can accompany that.

Oh and good morning!

Comorbidity might have a great deal to do with it. People with severe sleep apnea like "Pickwickian Syndrome, " are going to have hypoventilation problems and probably diabetes and probably hypertension and a whole host of health problems. I haven't seen any official notification from the CDC or other authorities yet but I would imagine that the cases in healthy adults are far more disturbing. As someone with an abundance of avoirdupois :lol: , I am monitoring the situation.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.