Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Looks like a double double to me. lol

Who does that guy think you are, Denny Crane? :lol:

I had to google that. I'm not much of a tv-watcher. Maybe someone else got it. lol

Well, I'm supposed to go for another session with the trainer today. Only I can't remember what time it was. Do you think that's a good enough excuse? :innocent:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put on some dress pants I hadn't worn in a while today. They are falling off :) It's a good feeling.

Keep it up Krikit! I will go to the gym tonight since you are going to see your trainer :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay I think this is a NYC thing, but it's seriously driving me crazy.

When people buy a coffee here in the morning, they put it in in a paper bag! Why would you want to carry your coffee in a paper bag?

I seriously don't get it. Everyone on the subway is drinking a coffee with a paper bag wrapped around it.

It's so wasteful and silly!

I really wish, when I bought one item at the store that they would ask me if i wanted a bag. If I buy a pack of gum here, they give me a bag!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hear you about the paper bag! Maybe this should be in the vent thread but . . . what is it with Americans and bags? I go grocery shopping and they insist on using a different bag for every type of item - God forbid that the vegetables touch the meat and the cat food cans touch touch the peanut butter jar. I actually told the check out clerk to put the cat food in with the other cans and jars and she refused - she said she was not allowed to do that by management! What, cat food is going to contaminate other canned stuff? I can appreciate putting cleaning supplies in their own bag and putting all refrigerated or frozen stuff in the same bag (they don't do that either . . .) but heck, food is food. What used to fit into 3 bags in Canada is spread around into 10 bags here - none of them full but all containing like objects with like objects. Hehehe, I wonder if these people don't eat their dinner if the mashed potatoes ever touch the peas!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

So my boss walks into my office today and says she wants me to take the rest of my vacation days by the first week of November. That's 11 days :blink:

Soo.... I have next week off.. YIPEE! I'm going to pack :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I hear you about the paper bag! Maybe this should be in the vent thread but . . . what is it with Americans and bags? I go grocery shopping and they insist on using a different bag for every type of item - God forbid that the vegetables touch the meat and the cat food cans touch touch the peanut butter jar. I actually told the check out clerk to put the cat food in with the other cans and jars and she refused - she said she was not allowed to do that by management! What, cat food is going to contaminate other canned stuff? I can appreciate putting cleaning supplies in their own bag and putting all refrigerated or frozen stuff in the same bag (they don't do that either . . .) but heck, food is food. What used to fit into 3 bags in Canada is spread around into 10 bags here - none of them full but all containing like objects with like objects. Hehehe, I wonder if these people don't eat their dinner if the mashed potatoes ever touch the peas!

Some people have food allergies and religious traditions so things have to be kept separate for legal reasons. It doesn't make much sense 99.99% of the time but I guess risk management thought that it would be easier this way.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I go nuts when baggers here in Canada want to put my soap in the bag with my squishy veggies. I have gotten so many dirty looks when I ask them to please separate the items. I had a woman want to put bananas at the bottom of the bag witih cans on top. What????

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I go nuts when baggers here in Canada want to put my soap in the bag with my squishy veggies. I have gotten so many dirty looks when I ask them to please separate the items. I had a woman want to put bananas at the bottom of the bag witih cans on top. What????

Yeah, well there are some common sense issues involved there! :yes:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Bananas with cold or cool objects is another big no-no. Since Toronto passed that nickel fee for bags, the stores, even outside of Toronto proper, have been either charging the fee or jamming everything in one bag.

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Milk being put in a bag is another one for me. It has a handle!!

Something else that kind of bothered me this past weekend. We were at Costco and I saw two people ask them to bag their stuff. This is Costco, people! You don't get people to bag for you!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
I like the milk to be put in a bag :lol:

Really, I like my milk to be put in a glass. :bonk:

IR5

Timeline

Wow it's gonna be hard for me to keep up with VJ now that I have a job and all :lol: I definitely won't be around as much :crying: I can't go on VJ at work. It's good though, I really like everyone I've met so far. They are all quite nice and kind, so I'm happy!

I really have to say, that I enjoyed my 11 months off! I took advantage of the time to do things and explore my new town. I rarely complained that I was bored or whatever, I always found stuff to do and worked out alot. I can now look back and say I had a great year off :) Back to the real world now though!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.