Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

coffee service sure has improved dramatically around here. :whistle:

:P

That coffee pic kind of freaked me out a bit. It reminds me of bugs and that disease where your limbs fall off. You know.... the one where they have all those really bad good jokes about it. lol

On another note..... we have a/c! :dance: I am so cool now. :luv:

The doctor's visit was interesting. I had to sign my name and write the date in no less than 15 places on the 3 or 4 page double-sided document they handed me. :blink: They were really nice about explaining what the heck it all meant because I didn't understand a lot of it. So I went in because I'm concerned about my blood pressure and he says "I want you to go for a mammogram." I literally went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." :crying: I came here for blood pressure.... not ####### pressure. :crying:

There was lots more interesting stuff yesterday but I don't feel like talking. lol

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Blood pressure, not ####### pressure."

I think that just made my day :rofl:

Say to the doctor "If I have to get a mamogram, my husband has to get a prostate exam!"

To make it fair you know :P

And I was looking around the active people in the Canadian section, and I think I'm the youngest at 21.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That coffee pic kind of freaked me out a bit. It reminds me of bugs and that disease where your limbs fall off. You know.... the one where they have all those really bad good jokes about it. lol

The doctor's visit was interesting. I had to sign my name and write the date in no less than 15 places on the 3 or 4 page double-sided document they handed me. :blink: They were really nice about explaining what the heck it all meant because I didn't understand a lot of it. So I went in because I'm concerned about my blood pressure and he says "I want you to go for a mammogram." I literally went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." :crying: I came here for blood pressure.... not ####### pressure. :crying:

There was lots more interesting stuff yesterday but I don't feel like talking. lol

I thought the same thing about the coffee cup! :lol:

Things like that and things with a lot of little holes gross me out... like crumpets, crumpets freaking gross me out!

Donne moi une poptart!

Well, allergist appointment done.

Was there for about an hour, 30 of it was waiting.

Did a ####### test and nothing showed up.

Since I've had them for 6+ weeks, they're chronic and not food related.

I told him about my face swelling from some foods but he didn't seem to care.

I have to get blood testing for my thyroid done. I'm kind of hoping it is my thyroid and not just randomly triggering hives. I wonder if it's related to my weight gain... or I just want to blame my weight gain on it. :lol:

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Things like that and things with a lot of little holes gross me out... like crumpets, crumpets freaking gross me out!

Me too! But not crumpets for some reason, which is good since I like them.

:lol: krikit

Good morning all!

Lunch with Missa was great. She is le awesome :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Rest assured Krikit, you were always cool. :thumbs: ####### pressure? Your doctor did go to a reputable medical school I hope, not a fly-by-night one like the University of Toronto. :lol: Maybe he has many patients who are exotic dancers. :wacko: Pray tell Krikit, what was your blood pressure like after the doctor's "misunderstanding." :rofl:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I told him about my face swelling from some foods but he didn't seem to care.

:blink::lol:

One of my former coworkers had constant hives as well. He's allergic to pretty much everything, so he takes anti-histamines every day. That sux.

Rest assured Krikit, you were always cool. :thumbs: ####### pressure? Your doctor did go to a reputable medical school I hope, not a fly-by-night one like the University of Toronto. :lol: Maybe he has many patients who are exotic dancers. :wacko: Pray tell Krikit, what was your blood pressure like after the doctor's "misunderstanding." :rofl:

Get back in your cage you perv! :bonk:

So. I just walked down to the Clubhouse because they have a mobile blood bank in the parking lot today. The doctor yesterday said it was a good way to get tested for cholesterol, etc, otherwise it would cost me if he did all the tests and he wasn't sure if it would be covered by the insurance and blah and blah and blah. That wasn't the reason I was going, btw. lol. Anyway, I was turned down! :o They said I've spent too much time in the UK. I feel so rejected. This isn't doing very well for my current emotional state. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Say to the doctor "If I have to get a mamogram, my husband has to get a prostate exam!"

And I was looking around the active people in the Canadian section, and I think I'm the youngest at 21.

I think Bern is 19.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Get back in your cage you perv! :bonk:

Hey, that's Len's line. :lol: Seriously, how much faith do you have in the doctor now? :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I think Bern is 19.

Oh yeah, Bern.

I don't see her post much so sometimes I forget about her :blush:

Timeline

I think Bern is 19.

Oh yeah, Bern.

I don't see her post much so sometimes I forget about her :blush:

I think she's been pretty busy lately so not posting as much.

event.png

Timeline
So. I just walked down to the Clubhouse because they have a mobile blood bank in the parking lot today. The doctor yesterday said it was a good way to get tested for cholesterol, etc, otherwise it would cost me if he did all the tests and he wasn't sure if it would be covered by the insurance and blah and blah and blah. That wasn't the reason I was going, btw. lol. Anyway, I was turned down! :o They said I've spent too much time in the UK. I feel so rejected. This isn't doing very well for my current emotional state. :lol:

:o

You are a bloodbank reject! Oh my oh my. I don't understand the UK connection though.

I also don't understand why they check your cholesterol when you donate blood.

You are a bloodbank reject! Oh my oh my. I don't understand the UK connection though.

I know! I feel so ashamed! :crying:

He said it was because of the mad cow disease. And all this time I thought it was because of my pleasant personality that people were calling me a mad cow. :hehe:

The cholesterol thing was interesting. Maybe it's an incentive? :unsure:

iagree.gif

Timeline

If you were in the UK during the BSE time frame, they'll reject your blood.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.