Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Omg Jill! We need to find a hall and go once in a while! *goes to the closet to fish out her bingo bag* :lol:

:lol: Did you hit up the outdoor bingo hall when you went to the CNE!? I played a few games, soooo fun!!

I stood there and I eyed it up but I didn't actually play. :(

Actually regarding jury duty - you are not eligible. When you send back your form saying you are not a US citizen that is the end of it. You don't have to appear because you are not eligible even if you did show up.

Sssh let's not let my work know this.

Thanks!

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Actually regarding jury duty - you are not eligible. When you send back your form saying you are not a US citizen that is the end of it. You don't have to appear because you are not eligible even if you did show up.

Sssh let's not let my work know this.

Thanks!

Hehehe, well, of course, if you wanted to show up to see what happens, you know you won't be selected, so you could go for that reason . . .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
:lol: It's a good excuse to miss work for a day and get paid.... pretend you didn't know :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
:lol: It's a good excuse to miss work for a day and get paid.... pretend you didn't know :lol:

Exactly!!

Ahh it just felt nice to get something "official" in the mail with my name on it. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Omg Jill! We need to find a hall and go once in a while! *goes to the closet to fish out her bingo bag* :lol:

:lol: Did you hit up the outdoor bingo hall when you went to the CNE!? I played a few games, soooo fun!!

I stood there and I eyed it up but I didn't actually play. :(

I will come to bingo with you guys after I move. I haven't gone in AGES!

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On our Alaska cruise back in May, we played Bingo a few times! lol Good old Bingo!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Soooooooo I really wanted to finish my book tonight and I like to read in my bedroom because there's more light and it's more comfortable, however my upstairs neighbor seems to be having a party, maybe I should invite myself :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

Peachy you're moving to Lancaster right? I passed by there 2 weekends ago, very nice town! You should meet up with us sometime in Philly after you move

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Peachy you're moving to Lancaster right? I passed by there 2 weekends ago, very nice town! You should meet up with us sometime in Philly after you move

Yes Ma'am. I am so worried about not having any of my own friends after I move. VJ friends work tho!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

Yes Ma'am. I am so worried about not having any of my own friends after I move. VJ friends work tho!

Yeah the no friends thing sucks at first, but come hang with us, we're cool :P

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Timeline

Ahhh, bingo. I used to go every week with my friends. One time, we even did a bingo bus weekend! :o:blush: On a Friday night we went to the late night bingo, and then the midnight bingo. And then we hopped on the bingo bus at 4:00am where we proceeded to play more bingo all the way to the Akwesasne Rez in NY. (They almost didn't let me into the country. :crying: ) Anyway, we played bingo all day Saturday, and again on Sunday, and then we hopped back on the bus and played bingo all the way home. Honest to God, we were dreaming bingo numbers in our sleep. :blink: When we got back we all agreed that if we never went to bingo again it would be too soon. The next day my girlfriend says to me "Do you want to go to bingo?" :rofl: OMG, it was like we'd become addicts and needed a fix. We went to bingo. :blush:

Last year when we were all in Ontario to say goodbye to my uncle :( we went to the bingo. I hadn't been in years. It was so different that I didn't know what was going on. I ended up giving some of my cards to my cousin because I was so lost. :lol:

BTW, I like Stompin' Tom, not just on a Sudbury Saturday night. :thumbs: I thought for a minute you had some really embarassing on your computer like anything by Mclean & Mclean. :bonk:

Haha. McLean & McLean. Those guys were a hoot.

I have a CD signed by Stompin Tom! :lol: I read his autobiography. It was "interesting". lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think bingo is addictive, no doubt, but it comes with accessories so that's ok :) My Mom and Sister used to go to bingo allllll the time, day night night day - they loved it. Then my Sister moved to the U.S.

I went a couple of times but I guess i'm not a bingo person, I don't like calling out 'bingo!' plus for some reason the game doesn't really appeal to me, which is not to say I wouldn't be up for a game periodically!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

all this talk of Bingo reminds me of this lady I used to babysit for.. she was getting her childcare paid though Childcare assistance .. she was supposed to be getting her GED... instead her and her mom would go play Bingo..

and then one day her mom had the nerve to tell me that I should clean up around the place.. :blink: I was thinking.. heck no, I am not cleaning the place so you guys can go off and play Bingo :blink: .. the only thing I did was do the dishes after I made the kids lunch etc.. I would have had no problems cleaning if she was going for her GED...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Forgot my laptop in St. Louis... :( I'm in an internet cafe though...had to look something up, so thought I'd pop in to say hello! :) Miss you all! I'm having fun. Going to Niagara Falls on Wednesday. Having a lovely visit with my folks and my daughter, and having LOTS of Timmie's!

Gotta run, hope you're all doing okay, and everyone is well!

Talk soon!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Forgot my laptop in St. Louis... :( I'm in an internet cafe though...had to look something up, so thought I'd pop in to say hello! :) Miss you all! I'm having fun. Going to Niagara Falls on Wednesday. Having a lovely visit with my folks and my daughter, and having LOTS of Timmie's!

Gotta run, hope you're all doing okay, and everyone is well!

Talk soon!

Oooooo Timmy's! Oh yeah, Niagara Falls does sound nice too. :D Srsly, hope you and Gene are having a fabu time!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.