Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

How exciting, Carla! I wish I was going to Canada too!

So my husband is insistent upon replacing my car. I love my car! But he takes it to work everyday so I never get to drive it. So stop driving my car all the time, husband! :bonk: If he doesn' like it, why doesn't he take the new car? I think it's because he hates putting miles on that one. icon2.gif

Anyway, I digress. So he/we have been doing the car search and all that fun (not). There's this one guy with a car we like who we've been trying to go and see it, but he keeps putting us off! I told my husband last night that I think he must be part of a sting operation and that's why he doesn't appear to really want to sell it. It's just too weird. So..... if we buy from a dealership and they don't give me a good price for it, I was thinking I would just drive it back to Canada and either give it to one of my kids (if they want it. lol) or just park it in my parents' driveway so it's there when I go back to visit. Really, I think I just want an excuse to drive back to Canada. LOL

Apparently he loves your car too! That's a good idea about having a car there when you visit!

I hope you have a wonderful visit Carla, not sure what Toronto is like right now but it's a tad nippy here in the mornings now, which is kind of nice really. Might have to change in to something a little warmer to wear around the house soon, i'm still wearing my Florida stuff, shorts and a tshirt - however this morning I put on slip on slippers instead of the flip flop type ones I have been wearing :lol:

Toronto seems fairly nice right now! High 60's, low 70's, nights in the 50's...wonderful sleeping weather!

I have 3 cans of tuna left of the 12 I brought back. I am not going back to Canada until November... how am I going to ration 3 cans of tuna. :(

Awwwwww, I'm going to Canada on Wednesday. Say the word and I can bring you some back if you'd like.

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning! Last morning for quite a few days for my coffee! :dance: Heading out to Canada tomorrow morning. Have about 6 loads of laundry to do today. Ick. Have to pack as well. Wonder if I'll sleep tonight? Anyway, enjoy your day, and the ensuing weeks! Congrats to everyone that gets approved, and for NOA2's, and successful border crossings!

another.jpg

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Two months, 3 cans of tuna - pretty slim pickins.

:lol:

Just invited inlaws to CT for Thanksgiving.. :unsure: Which means CANADA for Christmas!! ! :dance:

Yaaaay!!! :dance:

His mom has brain cancer, and my mom is on the list for a lung transplant...so we may have to flip a coin!

:(

(F) (F) (F)

Awwwwww, I'm going to Canada on Wednesday. Say the word and I can bring you some back if you'd like.

Awww. That's so sweet. :luv:

just talked with my mom and she says they might come down again for Spring Break next year.. yay!

Another yay!!!

Good morning! Last morning for quite a few days for my coffee! :dance: Heading out to Canada tomorrow morning. Have about 6 loads of laundry to do today. Ick. Have to pack as well. Wonder if I'll sleep tonight? Anyway, enjoy your day, and the ensuing weeks! Congrats to everyone that gets approved, and for NOA2's, and successful border crossings!

Have a great trip, Carla, and a safe one too! How exciting. :luv:

I have to do some running around town today. Hit the shops for a couple of items. Nothing too exciting. Certainly not as exciting as preparing to go back to Canada! :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Morning all :) Been a busy few weeks for me, took some day/weekend trips with my husband the past few weeks and then we went to Canada this past weekend. Was a wonderful time for me, I'm not going back until Christmas. Got all the bonding and quality time in with my family and friends, and stocked up of course on Canadian goodies. Hope everyone is doing well

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

His mom has brain cancer, and my mom is on the list for a lung transplant...so we may have to flip a coin!

:(

(F) (F) (F)

No need to be sad. John's mom was told she had 6months to a year to live in August 2007...and she's still doing really well! Brain tumour is there, but stable, and she has been off all of her cancer meds since last year.

And my mom, the lung transplant will be a great thing! She's been on oxygen for a few years now, and once she gets her new lungs, she won't need it anymore :)

I keep telling her, she'll be like Lt. Dan with her magic lungs instead of magic legs :P

So I just got off the phone with my mom who has done a reverse and requested items to be brought home to her :lol:

Including...one fresh turkey :lol:

Can't wait to visit home!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome back Jill!

Well Carla, I hope you have a wonderful trip, i'm sure you will :) Plus you have Gilbert to look forward to as well!

Right now it is 9 degrees here, seems ok to me, but I am sitting inside haha - then again, it's supposed to be in the high 20's today, 31 tomorrow - warm all week here.

Oh and I don't think I ever mentioned - about that woman I used to work with a few years ago who had emailed me about a potential job doing the webpage for the company she is now working for. Well after I talked to the owner and politely declined, I emailed her back and told her that I had done that. She never emailed me back :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I just took a few pictures from just outside our apartment, my camera seems to be overexposing everything, but oh well.

The city in the distance

calgary3.jpg

Oh I zoomed in for this one

calgary2.jpg

Our beautiful rocky mountains

calgarymountains1.jpg

Zis is a bird

calgarybird1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice pictures tmix! What a lovely view from your apartment.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Varba made me this picture this morning:

128981046447373253.jpg

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bleh, another night shift. oh well, at least i'll be getting overtime.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
bleh, another night shift. oh well, at least i'll be getting overtime.

swing/night shifts are horrible.. my hubby has been on the swing shift for the last year :wacko: he starts at 2pm and doesn't get home until 10 to 15 hours later

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.