Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Two things:

1. I'm too earnest. And I enjoy that.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3324132

2. Sorry to have missed all the news around here. Why did you move to Calgary Trailmix?

Was that the plan, or did you give on the U.S.?

Not that I would ever say that is not a healthy choice.

Hahaha!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think some women are blessed with really fine to no hair on their legs... wish I was that lucky... :P

I am that way - and it's blond, to boot. But I still shave. I refuse to show my legs if they're unshaven!

Okay i may gross many of you out.

And that's okay.

Hahaha!

I loved it when I lived on one of the Gulf Islands (in BC) for a year and almost none of the women shaved...and so I tried it too.

It was so liberating.

i loved it!

(Seriously think about the time and money and self esteem saved!) :thumbs:

It's just not always the right place and time for that back in the/any "big city".

A man with supreme abilities to accept what is natural is hard to find, and they do exist.

They are the coolest.

Feminist men, WOOT!

:star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have had such an off day.

First of all I got lost going to the court house a few towns over... had to file some special claims for members who are passing bad cheques. So I spent 2 hours of my day driving around in frustration - and just like a man I refused to ask for directions. But I stopped for ice cream and wouldn't you know one of our board members sees me sitting in my car the a parking lot on work time licking away at a double fudge ice cream cone. :lol:

Then our Club just finished a big renovation of it's upstairs "fine dining" room. Basically a half million dollars was put into this project and they're looking to rename the room with a golf theme of course. So I decided to make a s joke to my boss and coworker: "Let's call it the Sub-par Grille" Get it? Well... the GM was standing nearby and heard my not so nice joke. I think he took it personally. :lol:

Then I decide to take a break from work and read this story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32904601/ns/us...news/?GT1=43001

And I started laughing HYSTERICALLY! All alone, at my desk... with everyone just looking at me. :lol: I laughed so hard I just started crying. Oh it felt great but everyone in the office just stared at me. I couldn't very well tell them what I was doing, well not with the GM there anyways. So I had to wait until he left to show them too.

Anyways I haven't been around much... lots of work to do, as my responsibilities have become greater around here. Just stopping in because I needed to share my off-day.

Bai.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Spirit,

We moved back at the beginning of August, because pay for IT work is so poor in Florida, because it was too hot for me and because we decided, basically, that we like Calgary better!

Your day sounds like one of those days you will be able to laugh at Sprailenes, in a year or so.

You know what's interesting about TV here, well Canadian tv - in particular local news programs, the people look real. All of their teeth aren't capped, they are not 'perfect' - while some have overdone hair with too much hairspray - it still isn't perfect. I like that :)

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Well today was a bit of a sad day for me too. Last weekend one of the feral cats who comes around to eat brought two well-grown kittens to the house. We certainly didn't need anymore kittens - especially ones that appear to be 3 or 4 months old. The little black and white one actually climbed up inside the car engines several times (we discovered him in time) and that has been a real worry. The other kitten looks like it had a Siamese father - siamese colouring and points but with white paws and chest and a white strip on the nose.

It has been raining a lot here and the kittens have been either on the front porch or under a piece of plexiglass next to the house on the back patio. Well, last night I heard some scuffling and bumping next to the back porch followed by loud meowing. I got up, turned on the light and couldn't see anything so went outside. Then I heard meowing in the yard so I walked to the side yard - and found the little Siamese kitten lying on the ground. He died just as I got there :( . Some sort of animal had grabbed him while he lay sleeping under the plexi glass and dragged him into the side yard. I must of interrupted it and before it ran off, it killed the kitten by a bite in the chest between the front leg and the heart. There were no other marks on the kitten - just that deep wide bite. I picked the kitten up and brought him into the house as I wasn't sure yet it was dead - which is where I discovered the injury. I wrapped the body in some tissues and put him in a bag and put him in the garage until morning.

In the morning the mother cat didn't show up as usual. I looked around to see if I could find any other evidence - including the black and white kitten who I hadn't seen either. The mother came out of the woods - very nervous and skittish. She followed me to the porch where she ate while I got the kitten from the garage and put it down beside her on the porch. She sniffed the kitten, started to lick its face then tried to pick it up by the scruff of the neck to carry away but it was too big for her to handle. I carried the kitten to the top of the hill by the woods where she and the kittens often came from and put the kitten there. She again tried to carry the body away. When I checked a little while later neither she nor the kitten were still there.

So, I have been sad all day. This is the same cat who had 3 kittens also killed by some wild animal last Spring. I don't know if the other kitten is alive or not. Regardless - out of the 11 feral kittens that have been born here this year, only one has positively survived - that is the one Bermycat adopted - and possibly the black and white one as well. The rest have all died or been killed by animals over the summer.

I am still puzzled by what type of animal it was - bigger than a cat from all appearances - so I am wondering if we have a bobcat or a fox in the area. I think the kitten that Bermycat has was probably protected by having 2 adult cats- the mother and the stray who is still here - always around. This little kitten who died last night seems to have been alone at the time. I am now even more grateful that Bermycat gave little Kazzak a home - she surely has saved his life.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so the hubby said he heard through the grapevine that he most likely got the day shift position and everyone is treating him like he did but he hasn't got the official word yet..

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed..

and in other news I found a tiger type print scarf at Ross for about 3 bucks :dance: ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Hi Spirit,

We moved back at the beginning of August, because pay for IT work is so poor in Florida, because it was too hot for me and because we decided, basically, that we like Calgary better!

Your day sounds like one of those days you will be able to laugh at Sprailenes, in a year or so.

You know what's interesting about TV here, well Canadian tv - in particular local news programs, the people look real. All of their teeth aren't capped, they are not 'perfect' - while some have overdone hair with too much hairspray - it still isn't perfect. I like that :)

OMG first: I love that profile pic!

Life is sure strange, huh?

I hear you on the not so perfect and very REAL people on local TV.

How refreshing.

Those huge super white smiles have got to go, not to mention the fake boobs.

Hey, I don't even have nor watch TV and it bugs me, hahaha!

I am happy to know that you made a sound choice and in the long run it is for the best.

There is no end all be all in any one place, and there is some peace of mind back in the Great White North.

:D

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning all!

Well it has been pretty quiet around here the last few days - plus we have had water everyday :lol: - it's like living in a big city :lol:

So my camera, I did clean the lens etc and it still doesn't seem to be taking good pictures really, I wanted to take some pics to post of the view 20 feet from my doorstep as it is rather nice, so I might do that today anyway.

fruhstuck_4681.jpg

Kathryn that is so sad. I'm almost crying thinking about it.

My best friend's grandfather died yesterday. I knew him very well, her family was like a second family for me, I would always go to their place if I was alone on a holiday, of if it was someone's birthday in their family.

RIP Grandpa Ernie :(

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I have jsut been looking into passports for the hubby and I...

it is so much simpler to apply for a US passport.. just fill out a basic form that doesn't ask for job history or even references, take it to a post office and most will even take your passport pics and voila, a few weeks later you get your passport that is good for 10 years :P

I have decided to use the "Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" form.. I was going to use a family friend who is Canadian and has a passport but then I can't use her a reference and I don't know too many people who are not relatives :P

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
aww so sweet

This so made me cry.. how beautiful.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.