Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well it sounds like you are getting in to it, which is good. I admire you for choosing your profession, it's a very tough job and not everyone can do it.

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't catch swine flu now Flames!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so my hubby got 2 movie tickets from his work for his Birthday (19th)... so this weekend i think we are going to see The Gamer...

he has worked there for about 5 years and this is the first time they have given him a Birthday present...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

When I get my EAD I'm going to try really hard to find employment elsewhere! I really really don't want to work for them. Is that mean to say? I hope not... Its just definitely not my ideal line of work...

I dunno, today I'm sad because I'm alone and I miss my family. But if I was back home in Canada today I'd be missing Bill and depressed he wasn't with me. So, I really can't win can I? This is a hard life we've all chosen...

First of all, Happy BDay!!!! Mine was a couple weeks ago... are you still in the Leo cusp? You could not have said it better...about not winning eith way...here you miss back home, there you miss ur hubby... You and I are on the same stage give or take...and I just passed a Bday etc...I find myself a little depressed lately...between my back, not having family around and a husband that is at work all day..is hard...mind you now that my son is in school, my husband has cut two of his practice days for us to hang together...and I love that!!!...but I do miss my mommy and I was sad on my bday too.......hang in there girl....I think it's all a part of our adjustment.

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Our infection control officer is pretty concerned about the swine flu!! They really have no clue on how hard it is going to hit! I think the CDC is estimating 90,000 people in the USA will DIE from it, and millions sickened by it!! Unlike other flu's the major group affected by it will be the younger people!!! If ur noty crazy about getting the Swine flu vaccine (may not be enough for everyone anyway) at least WASH ur hands over and over!! And just don't quickly wet ur hands, that is not doing any good! Lather up with soap, use warm water and with an effort, really wash ur hands, the friction is what ya need 9dont go overboard though,lol) one should do this for 15-20 seconds!!! As well when u cough, cough into ur elbow!!

We were told at my hospital, that if we don't get the "normal" yearly flu vaccine,we have to wear a mask in the hospital from October to end of march (flu season) Lot of unhappy co-workers, as many don't like to get vaccine! No problem for me, I have always gotten them.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Our infection control officer is pretty concerned about the swine flu!! They really have no clue on how hard it is going to hit! I think the CDC is estimating 90,000 people in the USA will DIE from it, and millions sickened by it!! Unlike other flu's the major group affected by it will be the younger people!!! If ur noty crazy about getting the Swine flu vaccine (may not be enough for everyone anyway) at least WASH ur hands over and over!! And just don't quickly wet ur hands, that is not doing any good! Lather up with soap, use warm water and with an effort, really wash ur hands, the friction is what ya need 9dont go overboard though,lol) one should do this for 15-20 seconds!!! As well when u cough, cough into ur elbow!!

We were told at my hospital, that if we don't get the "normal" yearly flu vaccine,we have to wear a mask in the hospital from October to end of march (flu season) Lot of unhappy co-workers, as many don't like to get vaccine! No problem for me, I have always gotten them.

Yeah I heard Obama is encouraging Americans to get the Swine vaccine. It's so scary that it's gonna get really bad this fall apparently! I am the biggest germaphobe and it's worse now, when I go to the gym and stuff I cringe touching the equipment! And if someone sneezes or coughs out without covering, I FREAK OUT! I say COVER YOUR MOUTH! It's so disgusting, rude and nasty for people to spread their germs so carelessly.

I've always received the normal flu vaccine since I volunteered in nursing homes & the hospital, so I had to.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Not all hospitals, nursing home, nursing/medical schools make it mandatory for people to get the flu vaccine. As well they don't know how much of a supply of the Swine flu vaccine will be available!! People (including myself) can be very, for lack of a better word--lazy--when it comes to this kind of stuff. They figure it wont happen to them, oh its just the flu! People have stated, oh I have had the flu before, it wasn't that bad! Well guess what, you probably did NOT have the flu!! Same goes for terrorism and high gas prices------people have a SHORT memory!! Few yrs back when gas was around or over $4 usd a gallon, people were giving away SUV's! Now that gas is a lot cheaper, SUV sales are back up!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
When I get my EAD I'm going to try really hard to find employment elsewhere! I really really don't want to work for them. Is that mean to say? I hope not... Its just definitely not my ideal line of work...

I dunno, today I'm sad because I'm alone and I miss my family. But if I was back home in Canada today I'd be missing Bill and depressed he wasn't with me. So, I really can't win can I? This is a hard life we've all chosen...

First of all, Happy BDay!!!! Mine was a couple weeks ago... are you still in the Leo cusp? You could not have said it better...about not winning eith way...here you miss back home, there you miss ur hubby... You and I are on the same stage give or take...and I just passed a Bday etc...I find myself a little depressed lately...between my back, not having family around and a husband that is at work all day..is hard...mind you now that my son is in school, my husband has cut two of his practice days for us to hang together...and I love that!!!...but I do miss my mommy and I was sad on my bday too.......hang in there girl....I think it's all a part of our adjustment.

Thanks Pop :) I'm actually a Virgo. But you're right, its part of the adjustment. On days were together I'm on cloud nine, and then days like today I just don't want to get out of bed. I'm sure things will get better in time, it just feels weird. Interestingly enough I've been having a lot of back problems this past month or so... I didn't have health insurance until yesterday (I know, I know) so I haven't been able to get it checked out. Its just my lower back, aches like crazy, and it sends shooting pains up to my hips and down my legs. Is that weird or what? I'm only 22 for goodness sakes... Oh life! It sure is fun sometimes.

I just hope someone gets me cake :P

Timeline

Happy Birthday Huggles - I hope you have a great dinner out and the restaurant waiters all sing you Happy Birthday and make you embarassed in that good way :P . I'm sorry you've had to spend so much of your special day on your own, though.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Its my birthday and I'm home alone sitting on VJ :( Days like today are hard...

Happy Birthday Huggles. :D I hope you had a lovely dinner out and a big piece of cake!

I'm heading back to Welland this weekend; I'll wave at everyone for you!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

My tummy is NOT happy with me tonight.

I'm also dog sitting at my mom's for the second night. There isn't much to do here... I looked through the Sears catalogue already.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

So tomorrow I am going to go out and play! It is a National Civil War re-enactment just down the road from me at Nash Farms, a Civil War calvary encampment site - and they are doing the Battles of Atlanta Campaign for the next three days. Tomorrow is education day so there will be lots of school kids on site learning about what happened here in 1864. I'll be joining a friend of mine with the 9th Georgia Artillery demonstrating living history activities all day. I actually have a 'work dress' cut out that needs sewing so that is what I'll be doing - I forgot to pre-shrink the fabric on the last one I made - and it shrunk so much when I washed it that I had to give it to my friend's granddaughter to wear - so I need another :) . I really, really, really miss my re-enactments from Ontario and while I am not camping over, at least this gives me a taste of a hobby I really enjoyed. And I'll tell you, I really need some play time!

http://www.atlantacampaign.com/

http://henrycountybattlefield.com/index.html

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Its my birthday and I'm home alone sitting on VJ :( Days like today are hard...

Happy Birthday Huggles. :D I hope you had a lovely dinner out and a big piece of cake!

I'm heading back to Welland this weekend; I'll wave at everyone for you!

awww! I can't believe I miss Welland! :lol:

Thanks everyone! They day turned out pretty good. My husband brought my home roses, we had a nice Italian dinner, I got tickets to the Brad Paisley concert in a couple weeks and his mom made me a cake! :)

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.