• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning! I just made coffee here this morning, the past three mornings I have got up and put my coat on and drove to Tim Hortons. My mom had to work today so I'm at home cleaning, doing her laundry and thinking about what to make for supper - ha no wonder why she misses me :lol:

Ahh waking up here is just so nice. I really do miss everything about it and its just refreshing to be back.

Awww happy to hear you're having such a nice visit! I know what you mean about your Mom, I was helping my Mom out alot too when she was at work last week and she e-mailed my hubby and said "I'm keeping Jill, she's not going back" :lol: Have you done your stock up grocery trip yet?

I bought 12 cans of tuna yesterday and I am going to get the rest through the week.

My son is going through the "embarrassed" stage. Everything I do is embarrassing.

Yesterday at Loblaws, I was putting all that tuna in my cart and he was like: "Oh my god mom, this is so embarrassing! Everyone is staring at us!"

So I said: "I don't care"

Then he got embarrassed that I said "i don't care" loudly because he felt this little old lady standing nearby thought I was saying it to her.

Then I went to self scan and he started going on again about how the way I was scanning was embarrassing.

Gah!

:lol: Too funny... I remember going through that stage myself, I got soooo embarrassed by my parents. One time my Dad was dropping me off at Tim's at age 14 to meet a group of friends, we used to loiter around Tim's. So he gave me a buck and asked me to go in and get him a donut and bring it out to him. I refused, because that was way to embarrassing buying a donut for my Dad, all my friends would see :lol:

Yea and then we were walking out and I said: "If my pants fell down, or I tripped and fell that would be embarrassing... shopping is not embarrassing"

Then he ran way ahead groaning and going: "OH MY GOD!"

He was the only one making a scene. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

I am proctoring and exam today. 3.25 hours left to go in this silence! At least I could bring my computer.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
I am proctoring and exam today. 3.25 hours left to go in this silence! At least I could bring my computer.

Owch! I couldn't even sit that long in silence when I was the one writing the exam! :lol:

I was always the kid that got up and left 2 hours in when everyone else was still sitting there...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i sure read that wrong! :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
What are party potatoes? Are they special potatoes? If I was going to Carla's party, I'd bring chicken and vegetarian quesadillas :lol:

mmmmm party potatoes... frozen hash browns, onion soup mix sour cream and cheeeezeeee baked in the oven.. nummers :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
mmmmm party potatoes... frozen hash browns, onion soup mix sour cream and cheeeezeeee baked in the oven.. nummers :)

Yeah I think someone mentioned these a while ago, but I had forgotten, wow those sound good!

Timeline
wow, this guy is such a catch.. lol

Guy Tries to Be Sauve

there's nothing wrong with me. As a matter of fact I'm one of the few men in the city that has nothing wrong with him

hey buddy this is whole message screams that there is something wrong with you :lol:

Oh my God! That was hilarious! And this guy was serious ,hehehehehe. I'll bet Olga never called him back - not because she has issues, but because he does!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Good morning! The other night we realized our new shovel was missing after the lawn crew were using it on their last day here. I emailed the lady, and haven't heard back. I didn't accuse her of taking it, instead asked where they had put it after they finished using it. I'm sure however they did take it, and that's why she's not responding. When they left, we paid them $50.00 less than what she said she thought we owed her. Maybe this was in retaliation? I'm so angry! :angry:

Enjoy your day!

CoffeeWithCream.png

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
What are party potatoes? Are they special potatoes? If I was going to Carla's party, I'd bring chicken and vegetarian quesadillas :lol:

I've lost the recipe now, but the version I had (but they weren't called party potatoes... lol) called for a tin of cream of chicken soup (the concentrate.... no added liquid), diced onions, sharp cheddar, and a cornflake and butter topping. Oh, and some mayo. I think. LOL. They were delicious. I hate when I lose recipes.

Good morning! The other night we realized our new shovel was missing after the lawn crew were using it on their last day here. I emailed the lady, and haven't heard back. I didn't accuse her of taking it, instead asked where they had put it after they finished using it. I'm sure however they did take it, and that's why she's not responding. When they left, we paid them $50.00 less than what she said she thought we owed her. Maybe this was in retaliation? I'm so angry! :angry:

:(

iagree.gif

I've lost the recipe now, but the version I had (but they weren't called party potatoes... lol) called for a tin of cream of chicken soup (the concentrate.... no added liquid), diced onions, sharp cheddar, and a cornflake and butter topping. Oh, and some mayo. I think. LOL. They were delicious. I hate when I lose recipes.

You have it right Krikit....frozen hash browns, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, shredded cheddar cheese and a cornflake topping. It's delicious, no doubt about it, but it was just odd that this lady said she'd bring this to an ethnic pot luck party. Unless she's thinking this will be the U.S. ethnicity contribution? :lol: I'd never say anything to her of course. Gene thinks it's not my place to tell people what to bring, and I agree, but what part didn't she understand?? :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
:lol: Maybe she's ethnic herself, and to her this American dish is ethnic? I've had that before, I didn't call them party potatoes but it's great! I sub cream of chicken with cream of mushroom

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Good morning everyone!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Enjoy your day!

CoffeeWithCream.png

carla, i'm really not surprised. that's why i expect anyone hired to use their own tools.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'm going out to lunch today with someone from work who's met a guy online. She wants advice, should be interesting.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.