Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning everyone! Busy day yesterday having Gene home working on the front yard. He worked so hard! Everything is ready now for the seeding. Still won't have grass for this weekend's party, but we have lovely grass in the backyard and the front looks more "neat" now. :lol:

Enjoy your day!

Coffee-and-milk-coffee-909061_1024_.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning everyone! Busy day yesterday having Gene home working on the front yard. He worked so hard! Everything is ready now for the seeding. Still won't have grass for this weekend's party, but we have lovely grass in the backyard and the front looks more "neat" now. :lol:

Enjoy your day!

Coffee-and-milk-coffee-909061_1024_.jpg

Good morning, Carla! Sounds like you've got a fun (but busy) weekend ahead of you. Have fun! Enjoy the "new" look a nicely grown grass yard can provide. :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Those talking animal videos were funny, Marilyn. :lol:

Party at Carla's house this weekend! :dance: (I think I missed that discussion. :lol: )

Good morning all. Another day, another chance of getting it right this time. :hehe:

I realized after I wrote it, that I hadn't said anything about it yet. :lol: We're inviting people from Gene's work, and a few people from my volunteer work to an Ethnic Pot-luck get together. Everyone has to bring an ethnic dish. We're going to be making some lamb kabobs, a red lentil chickpea casserole, some beef hoisen lettuce wraps and I'm going to make some naan. It should be interesting. One lady said she's bringing some cold thai spring rolls, another said swedish meatballs, but one person said they're bringing party potatoes? I said to Gene, that's not ethnic??! He said, you can't tell people what to bring... I said, I said ethnic...*sigh*

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
I realized after I wrote it, that I hadn't said anything about it yet. :lol: We're inviting people from Gene's work, and a few people from my volunteer work to an Ethnic Pot-luck get together. Everyone has to bring an ethnic dish. We're going to be making some lamb kabobs, a red lentil chickpea casserole, some beef hoisen lettuce wraps and I'm going to make some naan. It should be interesting. One lady said she's bringing some cold thai spring rolls, another said swedish meatballs, but one person said they're bringing party potatoes? I said to Gene, that's not ethnic??! He said, you can't tell people what to bring... I said, I said ethnic...*sigh*

:lol:

That sounds great! Mmmmmm..... ethnic food. :luv: Don't worry about the party potatoes. If they're normal people she will have to explain herself over and over again. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ha ha.. good afternoon everyone!! :)

Hi Em! Good morning all.

Thanks for the coffee Carla - sounds like you have been busy. Your party sounds like fun and maybe you will be grateful for ms. party potatoes, maybe she can't actually make anything ethnic (yeah I know, if I couldn't I would just leave it up to costco - but) and the potatoes are one thing she can make :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What are party potatoes? Are they special potatoes? If I was going to Carla's party, I'd bring chicken and vegetarian quesadillas :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay for carlacoffee! :dance:

it's freaking cold here btw. where's summer? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Good morning! I just made coffee here this morning, the past three mornings I have got up and put my coat on and drove to Tim Hortons. My mom had to work today so I'm at home cleaning, doing her laundry and thinking about what to make for supper - ha no wonder why she misses me :lol:

Ahh waking up here is just so nice. I really do miss everything about it and its just refreshing to be back.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Good morning! I just made coffee here this morning, the past three mornings I have got up and put my coat on and drove to Tim Hortons. My mom had to work today so I'm at home cleaning, doing her laundry and thinking about what to make for supper - ha no wonder why she misses me :lol:

Ahh waking up here is just so nice. I really do miss everything about it and its just refreshing to be back.

Awww happy to hear you're having such a nice visit! I know what you mean about your Mom, I was helping my Mom out alot too when she was at work last week and she e-mailed my hubby and said "I'm keeping Jill, she's not going back" :lol: Have you done your stock up grocery trip yet?

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's nice Sprailenes - I understand what you are saying!

It's funny, I have probably had more Tim Hortons food in the last 2 weeks than I have had - well almost ever. Their soup is so good.

Timeline

Awww happy to hear you're having such a nice visit! I know what you mean about your Mom, I was helping my Mom out alot too when she was at work last week and she e-mailed my hubby and said "I'm keeping Jill, she's not going back" :lol: Have you done your stock up grocery trip yet?

I bought 12 cans of tuna yesterday and I am going to get the rest through the week.

My son is going through the "embarrassed" stage. Everything I do is embarrassing.

Yesterday at Loblaws, I was putting all that tuna in my cart and he was like: "Oh my god mom, this is so embarrassing! Everyone is staring at us!"

So I said: "I don't care"

Then he got embarrassed that I said "i don't care" loudly because he felt this little old lady standing nearby thought I was saying it to her.

Then I went to self scan and he started going on again about how the way I was scanning was embarrassing.

Gah!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I bought 12 cans of tuna yesterday and I am going to get the rest through the week.

My son is going through the "embarrassed" stage. Everything I do is embarrassing.

Yesterday at Loblaws, I was putting all that tuna in my cart and he was like: "Oh my god mom, this is so embarrassing! Everyone is staring at us!"

Then he got embarrassed that I said "i don't care" loudly because he felt this little old lady standing nearby thought I was saying it to her.

Then I went to self scan and he started going on again about how the way I was scanning was embarrassing.

Gah!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Gah!

:lol: Too funny... I remember going through that stage myself, I got soooo embarrassed by my parents. One time my Dad was dropping me off at Tim's at age 14 to meet a group of friends, we used to loiter around Tim's. So he gave me a buck and asked me to go in and get him a donut and bring it out to him. I refused, because that was way to embarrassing buying a donut for my Dad, all my friends would see :lol:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.