Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

I hope my luck continues today! Yesterday was my last day of work at my job! I of course teared up when my supervisor was saying good-bye to me! Got a great deal on a clutch and dress sandals at Payless Shoes! My eyebrows look amazing, I got them sugared yesterday, I think I will be going to them for my bikini wax! I just feel a big weight has been lifted, I can focus on getting balanced and healthy(working nights), spending time with family and friends, packing and of course my wedding.

I have a friends wedding to go to today, which is 2.5 hours away, so I am really looking forward to picking up a Timmies on the way out of town and cranking the tunes! (While looking like the idiot that is singing in the car) LOL I almost was in tears yesterday getting my Timmies, it hit me that I won't be able to have it anymore at the store! :crying: So I bought a tin of ground coffee to take with me.

The only thing getting me down, I can't talk to my fiance :angry: He dropped his Iphone at the airshow this morning and now the mic apparently is not working!!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Awww. Hugs to you, Minnew. (L)

So my Husband started his new job today....ummm yeah, the guy who is leaving (who was also 'training' him) is a complete....well suffice to say he has decided not to go back :lol:

Wow. I wonder if he holds the record! :lol:

Gene got tangled up in some poison ivy almost two weeks ago, and couldn't get it under control as far as itching goes. He ended up having to go to the Dr. for some cream. Since using the cream, he's now covered in hives. I mean COVERED! He had to phone for another Dr. appointment, but the Dr. just ordered him some Prednisone so he started that last evening. He was up all night tossing and scratching. I wonder if he wasn't misdiagnosed? :( Poor dear.

Ugh. I hope he's on the mend now, Carla. I had a bout of poison ivy once. The doctor told me to buy sunlight soap bars, then spread the lather on the welts and let it dry. It pulls out the infection and it helps to dry them out. When I have an allergic reaction which results in hives I use Benadryl. It's the histamines which come out in your system to fight the infection which cause the hives and the itching.... and Benadryl has a great anti-histamine in it. Helps stop the itching and sooth the rash. Poor thing.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

We watched space shuttle Discovery launch last night! Link It lifted off at 11:59pm so we went outside just before then and you could see the sky lighting up and the sound of a rumble in the distance, and all the vapour clouds from that. And then the booster rockets eventually detached and it kept going until it just looked like a bright star in the sky. Yay.

My husband's father is very sick. He has been in and out of hospital lately. The paramedics took him again early this morning. Their grand-daughter just had a new baby yesterday. The evolution of life. I feel bad for my husband, though. I know he's worried but he's trying to hang tough. Poor guy.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Watching the Space Shuttle launch sounds cool!

I'm sorry about your father-in-law. That is tough. :(

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I stepped on the scale this morning and was down a pound :dance:

I promptly packed my things and went to the gym after that :P

One downside of working out, sweating a lot and getting more pimples :(

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Good morning everyone. I am trying to decide whether to go to church or not today. I'd like to, but I'm not a big fan of any of the churches in my area. I just want a regular Canadian church today! :crying:

Not sure what I'm going to do today. Maybe go for a walk and a swim. I dunno. shrug.gif

Enjoy your coffee. :star:

breakfast.jpg

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning and thanks for the coffee krikit.

My Sister, from Nebraska is here, well here in Calgary, not actually staying with us, she is staying at her house that my Niece lives in. She flew in yesterday and my Husband picked her up from the airport. My niece was working until 2 - so she picked my Sister up just after 2.

Anyway, my Mom has contracted hospital grade pnemonia (read superbug) - she already has pnemonia, now this. When he called and told me the Dr. said it is quite common, I think there should be big warning signs at the front door there.

So she is on a myriad of antibiotics now, which do seem to be working.

Timeline

Aww TrailMix, I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm glad the antibiotics are working and hope that she recovers very soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Anyway, my Mom has contracted hospital grade pnemonia (read superbug) - she already has pnemonia, now this. When he called and told me the Dr. said it is quite common, I think there should be big warning signs at the front door there.

So she is on a myriad of antibiotics now, which do seem to be working.

:( I hope she continues to improve, Trailmix. (F)

Ironically, they do tell you to stay out of hospitals if at all possible due to the high risk of infection.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hospitals are the perfect place for bacteria/viruses to grow. 1 reason why they want you out of there asap! Hope she feels better soonest

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I backed my husbands car into a stack of wooden pallets :wacko: It has some scratches and a little denting but its not as bad as you'd expect! I feel awful. He didn't even yell or get angry! Is that love or what? :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.