Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Hi gang,

I joined the YMCA last Friday and have worked out 5 times since. I still weigh the same /sigh. Hopefully results will start appearing soon!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It comes in time peachy... stick to the routine, it will work out in the end!

This is the first time in two years Mike and I will be apart. I mean its not like we planned it that way, we just sort of do everything together and it doesn't bother us at all. Though it will be nice to go home and see friends and not have to worry about him as he doesn't usually enjoy going out and being social unless it's with his people. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Hi gang,

I joined the YMCA last Friday and have worked out 5 times since. I still weigh the same /sigh. Hopefully results will start appearing soon!

Yes you have to be patient, results don't appear overnight! It can take weeks or months, but don't give up whatever you do or get discouraged, it's too soon for that!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I need to find a cheap gym in Maine I think to keep me busy..just for the winter months though.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Hi gang,

Yes you have to be patient, results don't appear overnight! It can take weeks or months, but don't give up whatever you do or get discouraged, it's too soon for that!

Yeah I think I'm gonna go again tonight and take the weekend off from it.

My trainer is really motivating, that's a plus.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: Sprailenes - have a wonderful trip!

Thanks Carla and thanks for the coffee. Well that's terrible about Gene! Hope that goes away like, right now!

I slept in a bit today, which is unusual but nice, I was quite tired yesterday. Not sure what we are going to do today, perhaps nothing!

Working out 5 days in a row is a great accomplishment Peachy :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I know I am allergic to something that is found in most allergy creams etc.. can't think of what it is now.. starts with a C... cortisone, I think

back when I was a kid I had a major allergic reaction to corn husks and went to the doctor and he gave me some cream and I used it and the next day I was worse..

haven't slept yet... I wanted the air mattress in case it was too warm to sleep upstairs but it is fine up there

You haven't slept yet?? :(

at the time no, well maybe an hour or so, I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie.. the hubby got home from work around 4am or so and I usually wait up for him...

he has been working a lot of overtime this week.. a lot of guys are taking their vacations right now.. it is good for our bank account but not so good for hubby physically...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Gene got tangled up in some poison ivy almost two weeks ago, and couldn't get it under control as far as itching goes. He ended up having to go to the Dr. for some cream. Since using the cream, he's now covered in hives. I mean COVERED! He had to phone for another Dr. appointment, but the Dr. just ordered him some Prednisone so he started that last evening. He was up all night tossing and scratching. I wonder if he wasn't misdiagnosed? :( Poor dear.

Oh, poor Gene! That stuff is vicious! I ended up with a really bad case of poison ivy shortly after I moved here - Joe had been clearing the back hill and I guess got the oil on his clothes. When I did laundry I ended up spreading the oil all over my legs and arms. Oh, the itching was horrible! While I was waiting for the various medications to work what actually helped was to get ice packs from the freezer and cover my arms and legs with them. That did numb the itching enough that I would be able to get to sleep. He might want to try that as well as the medication. I hope he gets relief soon - I think it was a good solid 2 weeks for me!. Technu is also useful but once the itching starts it takes a while to resolve. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i bought this cream from Big Lots called Anti-itch cream.. it works great.. when I get itchy I put some on and the itching stops pretty quick...

I was always getting poison ivy as a kid.. my whole face would swell up and it would get between my fingers and toes.. ugh..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I went to see District 9 tonight. I really liked it. My brother came with me, poor guy's dyslexic and there was lots of sub-titles. I still think he got it tho.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline
i bought this cream from Big Lots called Anti-itch cream.. it works great.. when I get itchy I put some on and the itching stops pretty quick...

I was always getting poison ivy as a kid.. my whole face would swell up and it would get between my fingers and toes.. ugh..

Yeah, I use that for my mosquito bites - it contains an antihistamine and it works great for those. Certainly worth a try for Gene although I'm not sure if it will work for poison ivy. The anti-itch cream doesn't work on fire ant bites which still itch like blazes. I think I tried everything, including jewelweed and Poisonivy soap when I had it and only the ice compresses worked - for a while.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I went to see District 9 tonight. I really liked it. My brother came with me, poor guy's dyslexic and there was lots of sub-titles. I still think he got it tho.

District 9 was amazing! I've seen it twice already. I love Prawns! :)

But I hated the bit when his fingernails were falling off, that made my stomach turn.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.