Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Awww poprocks, sorry you are feeling so sad, completely understandable. I don't think it's weird at all that you have always lived with your Mom. You obviously both get along really well and are great friends, so why not?

She will visit often and after you become a citizen you can sponsor her to go to the U.S. if you want to - hang in there.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning everyone! Our front yard looks like a battle zone. The two people that came yesterday to rip up our lawn were at it most of the day, however couldn't get it done. I think they didn't know what they were really getting into, myself. They are charging us about 1/2 of what professionals we called said they'd do it for, before we looked at craigslist. We didn't need a professional, we needed people with brawn. :lol: I think we're going to give them a big tip for all their hard work. Hope it's all done and the "rolls" taken away today.

Hugs poprocks for your sadness yesterday. I'm sure you're going to miss your Mom very much. I hope you have lots of visits planned with her. She sounds very special.

timsquirrel.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

:rofl: @ the squirrel with the Tim Hortons!

Glad to hear that your sod removal guys showed up, Carla. I would love to find someone who would remove some of the Mexican tulips in my back yard. I guess I'll study up on how to use Craigslist. lol

My mom really doesn't have anyone else...I wish I had her close...a few weeks back, she fell trying to hang curtains and broke her wrist in 3 places...she is now in a cast....stuff like that makes me worried...maybe i'm just being all sappy cause she just left...

Oooooh, ouch! Your poor Mum! I'm sorry you're sad, Poprocks. Here are some flowers: (F) (F) (F) I agree with Trailmix. The time will pass much quicker than you realize and, before you know it, you'll be able to sponsor your Mum to come and be with you forever. :)

Good morning, everyone. I think I'll go shopping today. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
timsquirrel.jpg

darn squirrels are after my timbits!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I miss the CNE :(

I'm feeling nostalgic today....my mom just left yesterday after being here for 18 days :( Even though it was a long visit....we dropped her off at the airport...and as we drove off...I was looking back through my side view mirror and could see her standing there...as she got further and further away...I got really sad :( I started crying in the car and my husband said 'are you crying?' and all I could get out was 'I want my mommy!!!' :(

It's the toughest part of moving for me.... I lived with my mom my entire life...I know that may sound weird...but she was only 16 years old when she met my dad....they married and were together for 31 years when my dad suddenly passed away from leukemia.... I was 26 at the time and still living at home...when I married shortly after that...I took my mom with me...she was a great help...babysat my son and helped raise him. She worked with my dad her entire life and was never an independent person....She's been with her boyfriend now for a few years...but it's more a companionship or friendship relationship....when I moved down here, she moved in with him...but she's having a hard time with me being so far....and me too...I feel as though she is my responsibility...when my dad died, the one thing he said to me on his death bed was 'whatever you do, please take good care of your mother...she's an angel...watch out for her'....just typing that makes me cry! :crying:

I feel guilty being so far...but I try to put on a strong face for her...making it sound like we will see each other often and that it's not so bad....i'm just so used to having family around all the time...and now I don't have them close....

My mom really doesn't have anyone else...I wish I had her close...a few weeks back, she fell trying to hang curtains and broke her wrist in 3 places...she is now in a cast....stuff like that makes me worried...maybe i'm just being all sappy cause she just left...

Sorry, had to share...I hope one day i'll be able to have her close again :(

Don't feel weird at all! I lived with my mother as well for most of my life and I am not one bit ashamed of it. She's my best friend and we are super close. I know exactly how you feel poprocks! Especially with our kids, it's very very hard.

My mom is going to retire to Arizona when she is ready and that's even further away from me. I am hoping my husband will want to move over there, he says he'd like to so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

This is the last day before my brother and his family go home. We're going to the zoo today and then we're going shopping.

Having them here has been a blast. My little niece turned six on Friday. She's never been away from Bermuda before. We took her to her first mall, her first Toys'R'US and then went to Dave and Buster's for bowling, games and dinner.

~ Catherine

Timeline

Oh you will love the zoo! ZooAtlanta is really nice and there are lots of kid-friendly sites to view the animals. The animal enclosures have had a lot of care and thought put into them to make them comfortable and happy for the animals as well. Be sure to visit the pandas!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I went to the CO Rockies game last night and It went to 14 innings! The finish was amazing!! Bottom of the 14th, sudden death situation, the Giants just scored 3 runs so the score stands at 4-1 San Fransisco. Bases are loaded. 1 out. Spilborghs is up to bat! He's been playing poorly all night, hit bating average is less than stellar, everyone is holding their breath. Then, the Giants pitcher throws a perfect fastball, Spilborghs hits... its going, its going, its out of the park! Walk off grand slam. Rockies win it 6-4!

I've always secretly wanted to be one of those sports broadcasters :blush: ahaha

Filed: Timeline
What are you buying krikit??

I need to pick up some greeting cards as well as a few more groceries. I think there was something else, but I've forgotten now. Maybe it was a pedicure. Oh no, Wait!! I needed to go to Walmart. Wow. That's miles removed from having a pedicure. :lol:

I've always secretly wanted to be one of those sports broadcasters :blush: ahaha

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was reading that! That you should be a sportscaster. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, this is TOTALLY lame but I finally got the New Professor Layton game for Nintendo DS. It's a story but you have to solve over 100 brain teasers and puzzles to progress. Some of these are so difficult...hmm.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline
Okay, this is TOTALLY lame but I finally got the New Professor Layton game for Nintendo DS. It's a story but you have to solve over 100 brain teasers and puzzles to progress. Some of these are so difficult...hmm.

Really? I've heard good things about that game! I've been neglecting my DS, I need a new game to spark my interest. I get bored of them way to fast!

My life has become so pathetic I've spent the entire day watching the Disney channel. 900 digital cable channels and the best thing to watch is, "the suite life with zach and cody." Now there's an animated short on with a hiccuping sheep...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

that is why I got rid of our cable over a year ago... so many channels and nothing on any of them.. :P

most of the stuff we watch we can watch online...

in other news we have almost 900 pics and video from our trip to San Diego :o

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.