Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the link worked for me... it might have been busy or something...

1251114704220477607714103.jpg

http://www.lutralutra.co.uk/squirrelizer/

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I go to that link, and I see everything as it's supposed to be (I guess?) and to get a picture, I click "Squirrelize", thinking that it's going to bring up the box to let me attach a photo and it just goes to this error page. Hmm, yes Krikit, maybe you have to put the link from photobucket in that space?

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh and from the weird weddings department.

My Niece and her boyfriend went to a wedding on Saturday. The groom works in the same department as my Niece's boyfriend.

So they get there and find out that the guests are expected to take turns bartending. To top that off, there is a tip jar on the bar and the money is to go to the bride and groom.

So tacky :lol:

They ended up working for about two hours. She would just like to go to a 'normal' wedding. Oh and btw, 'family' was excluded from bartending duty.

Edited by trailmix

My Niece and her boyfriend went to a wedding on Saturday. The groom works in the same department as my Niece's boyfriend.

So they get there and find out that the guests are expected to take turns bartending. To top that off, there is a tip jar on the bar and the money is to go to the bride and groom.

They ended up working for about two hours. She would just like to go to a 'normal' wedding. Oh and btw, 'family' was excluded from bartending duty.

Now THAT is cheap!!! Wow!! :o Pay the extra 50 bucks and hour for goodness sakes!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my gosh that is so cheap and rude!

So I went to the CNE today, and thought of my VJ friends twice. Once because there were Llamas in the farm area and the other time because they had those hot waffles with ice cream in between, we were talking about those a few days ago. I didn't get one though, I got a funnel cake instead MMMM! Back to Philly tomorrow. I'll post a few Llama pics and resurrect the thread when I get home :devil:

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I miss the CNE :(

I'm feeling nostalgic today....my mom just left yesterday after being here for 18 days :( Even though it was a long visit....we dropped her off at the airport...and as we drove off...I was looking back through my side view mirror and could see her standing there...as she got further and further away...I got really sad :( I started crying in the car and my husband said 'are you crying?' and all I could get out was 'I want my mommy!!!' :(

It's the toughest part of moving for me.... I lived with my mom my entire life...I know that may sound weird...but she was only 16 years old when she met my dad....they married and were together for 31 years when my dad suddenly passed away from leukemia.... I was 26 at the time and still living at home...when I married shortly after that...I took my mom with me...she was a great help...babysat my son and helped raise him. She worked with my dad her entire life and was never an independent person....She's been with her boyfriend now for a few years...but it's more a companionship or friendship relationship....when I moved down here, she moved in with him...but she's having a hard time with me being so far....and me too...I feel as though she is my responsibility...when my dad died, the one thing he said to me on his death bed was 'whatever you do, please take good care of your mother...she's an angel...watch out for her'....just typing that makes me cry! :crying:

I feel guilty being so far...but I try to put on a strong face for her...making it sound like we will see each other often and that it's not so bad....i'm just so used to having family around all the time...and now I don't have them close....

My mom really doesn't have anyone else...I wish I had her close...a few weeks back, she fell trying to hang curtains and broke her wrist in 3 places...she is now in a cast....stuff like that makes me worried...maybe i'm just being all sappy cause she just left...

Sorry, had to share...I hope one day i'll be able to have her close again :(

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.