V-G-1

Very Frustrated and annoyed at my friend who cheated

106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi folks..just found out that my friend cheated by not doing K-1, and instead married his fiancee/gf of 2 YEARS while she was here on a Tourist Visa, and now they are happily living together without ever having been caught!!!

He should have gone through K-1 and waited like the REST OF US......

My question is can I do anything to rat him out (I dont care about friendship anymore--we were never really that close anyway)....

It just boils my blood knowing his story and how he got away with it!!!

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/19/10 - EAD Card Received

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

10/30/09 - Civil Marriage

10/24/09 - Entry/I-94 start

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your friend might not have done anything wrong at all. If your friend came to the US with the intent to marry his GF, then yes, he did do something wrong. BUT, if he came to the US just to visit her and while they they decided to get married, then he didn't break the law at all!!! It's that last part which is hard to prove. If he and she had been dating for 2 years, then it's really hard to prove that he didn't come with the intent to marry her. BUT, if he had a house, a car, kids, a job, ect in his home country, then that is some pretty good evidence.

You haven't given us enough information. When did they get married, has he completed AOS successfully? If he has not yet completed AOS successfully he might still be sent back to his home country while the american wife files for a CR-1 visa.

Also, why why why would you want to rat them out?? Seriously, get a life of your own and don't worry about others. He did something wrong if he came to the US WITH THE INTENT to marry them. We never recommend that on VJ because 1. it's against the law and 2. if you have been dating this person before you met them in the US it is VERY HARD to prove that it was spur of the moment, but that is not to say that people can't try or that people don't do this and lie and SOMETIMES get away with it. But the amount of times that they get away with it are a heck of a lot lower than the amount of times they are told to go back to their own countries while the spouse filing CR-1.

Get over it and worry about your own problems, sheesh.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

First, HE is the US Citizen (my friend), and she is the outsider - Canada..... They have been dating for 2 years. She came on Tourist a couple months back and got married. Now they are happily living together...I just dont know if AOS was completed successfuly or not.

Oh and why I want to rat him out, you ask? Because its a matter of principle...why should we have to have to wait, and why should they be able to get away with it?

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

hi folks..just found out that my friend cheated by not doing K-1, and instead married his fiancee/gf of 2 YEARS while she was here on a Tourist Visa, and now they are happily living together without ever having been caught!!!

My question is can I do anything to rat him out (I dont care about friendship anymore--we were never really that close anyway)....

Dont be a hater let them live thier life and you live yours dont be a tattle tell.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
First, HE is the US Citizen (my friend), and she is the outsider - Canada..... They have been dating for 2 years. She came on Tourist a couple months back and got married. Now they are happily living together...I just dont know if AOS was completed successfuly or not.

Oh and why I want to rat him out, you ask? Because its a matter of principle...why should we have to have to wait, and why should they be able to get away with it?

What they did is not illegal. They still have to go through immigration process but they will not encounter any major issues.

Just be happy for them since they are happily living together now. By the way, your NO2 should be forthcoming...I can smell it! Good luck.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

2 months is not enough time for AOS to be completed successfully. Most likely she has NOT gotten her permanent green card. And based on what you say, most likely she will not and she will be sent home while he applies for the CR-1 visa. Just sit tight and let the USCIS do their job.

And you are more than welcome to visit your fiance on a tourist visa and marry him/her (which is not against the law) and then try to file AOS. I don't care at all if you get stuck at the back of the line for this, but if you happened to get away with it and good for you.

I don't really see rating on them as a matter of principal. I just think it's very low to "tattle-tale" on someone else. Just get over it and move on.

But again, like I said, their AOS doesn't seem like it's been completed. So just hold tight.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

Thanks everyone....I guess the consensus is to get on with mine and forget about whether or not he gets away with his or not..............

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What your friend did was very dangerous. The penalty for that, if found out, is devastating. Just be satisfied with yourself that you did it the correct way and did not subject your fiancee to deportation and a lifetime ban for future visas. There are some things you do because it is the law, and some things you do because to do it wrong subjects someone you love to having all their plans and dreams shattered for the sake of being to gether a few months sooner. It just is not worth it. My wife has been here going on 10 months now and the waiting and hassle were all worth it and now is just a memory of something we did together. I am glad we did it correctly, I am glad I did not expose her to terrible consequences. It is it's own reward.

People who dodge and duck the system, look for a way around everything, will eventually be hoist on their own petard. If not now, then later.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What they did is not illegal. They still have to go through immigration process but they will not encounter any major issues.

Just be happy for them since they are happily living together now. By the way, your NO2 should be forthcoming...I can smell it! Good luck.

don't bet on that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It isn't possible the AOS is complete yet. They must prove she did not enter the US with the intention to marry. It is possible they will do this, it is possible she will be deported and barred from future entries into the US.

Ratting them out is a waste of your time, spend your time on YOUR life, quit worrying about others. What they did was foolish (if they intended to get married, probably did) and they will have a hard time explaining how they knew each other for two years and suddenly decided to get married. It is especially foolish for someone with a Canadian fiancee who can so easily visit during the process. They can save the day now, by filing for a CR-1 and her going back and forth to Canada until it is approved.

If you are indeed a better person, you will advise them of this before they file for AOS and get themselves in trouble. Then go on about your life.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If I were you I would let it go. If what they did wasn't legal, I'm sure USCIS will take care of it. Yes, they might get away with it but they are also risking a lot and may face serious issues like, as Gary and Alla said, deportation and a lifetime ban. Just let them be, and good luck with your journey!

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.