thetreble

Change of Address...

32 posts in this topic

We moved from one apartment to another (in the same building) did the online form, and the I-865 got confirmation.

Moved again, this time across town...did the online form...but to be honest, I can't remember if we sent the I-865 or not!

Anyway...got a notification from VSC about removing conditions that was sent to our first address (and was forwarded to my now address). It basically stated that "you need to file within the 90 day window and if you don't you are subject to deportation, blah blah blah". Everything we know already.

Used my current address when I filed and everything has been sent to my current address.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I made an info pass appt. for Friday just in case. I'd rather go down there and talk to someone about my address then all this shite. I'm actually really angry about this. Why do you have to fill out something for your US citizen spouse? Aren't we assuming that we all live at the same address? He's a US citizen and shouldn't be subject to something like this, in my opinion. I had no clue we had to fill out that form every time we moved. Weve moved FOUR times since 2007. :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

:lol:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNSSS

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well I made an info pass appt. for Friday just in case. I'd rather go down there and talk to someone about my address then all this shite. I'm actually really angry about this. Why do you have to fill out something for your US citizen spouse? Aren't we assuming that we all live at the same address? He's a US citizen and shouldn't be subject to something like this, in my opinion. I had no clue we had to fill out that form every time we moved. Weve moved FOUR times since 2007. :lol:

the other form is actually for the sponsor.. which in most cases is the US citizen spouse

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

i always wonder about that form, but i guess everything will get sent to my mom's anyways, so it won't get too lost lol. i have to fill out the i-865 again, but now i changed my last name, i dunno which one to use cuz i don't want to confuse them :( im still debating, since it just changed like 3 weeks ago and i was obv late with changing my name.

I-865?

:(

I guess I'm not the fab. :lol: What the hell is that?

:lol: you are the fab.

I-865 is the equivalent to the AR-11 but f or the sponsor. As in, you move, you send in an AR-11 for you, and and I-865 for hubby. PM on the way.

I'm glad this thread was started :) It's really helping me.... I don't mean to hijack...but have a few questions...

I need to change my address once I file for my AOS. We live on the boarder between DE and PA...so I need to change my address from PA to DE with my AOS... I assume I file those two forms....

In a few months once our house is ready in PA, I then file the forms again to our permanent address in PA?

We will have joint proof for both addresses, a lease from DE and also utilities etc...from PA address....actually we will have proof from the PA address the entire time as we are renovating the home.

Will this confuse them? I mean when we file AOS, it will be with just a lease and joint banking.... if we get called for an interview, will this confuse things?

I have heard that changing address while filing for AOS messes things up.... but we will continue to have access to both addresses as where we will be renting is my fiances fathers house.... so either way, we will always get our mail.

Any advise?

Treb.....sorry....I know I know, I hijacked.... you just generated a good thread with good feedback.... I owe you one :) I know you are thinking a gift cert at Auritzia lol!

Thanks guys :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hijack this message thread too, but I too am so confused with this "change of address" process with the USCIS, and thought that someone here on the Canada VJ boards can help on this popular change of address message thread as well.

Here is my situation as follows:

I'm going to be filing my N-400 in August, but am organizing the paperwork for that now. I am also currently in the middle of a new home purchase (in June/July) and am expecting a new baby (in July).

However, I just found out this week that where I will be moving in mid-July and will have 2 addresses, as follows:

1) Address A (where the house and land is in, where we pay taxes in, where the school district is in)

(physical address) (where the house and land is in, where we pay taxes in, where the school district is in)

(XXX street number and name),

Town A, New York, (zip code Town A)

2) Address B (where the mailing address and mailbox will be in...)

(mailing address) (where the mailing address and mailbox will be in...)

(XXX street number and name) (same street number and name as physical address)

Town B, New York, (zip code Town B )

Notes:

-USPS will not deliver to my physical address.

-All mail to the physical address will be "returned to sender", as "no address of that exists" and cannot be sent or forwarded.

-I have a different mailing address, and was assigned such already for my mail and mailbox.

-It's confusing, and has something to do with small-town zoning laws...makes no sense.....

-So if anyone tries to send anything to my physical address....well, they can expect that piece of mail back....

-I don't live at my mailing address...but my mailbox and my mail lives there....lol....hence, send the mail there...

-As well, Town A in ASC and local office Buffalo NY, and Town B in ASC Buffalo NY and local office Rochester NY. Would it cause problems? Which ASC and/or local center will I use? Will this delay my citizenship application?

Which address will the USCIS use in determination of my N-400 case? Physical address or Mailing address?

Should I even mention about my two addresses, or not mention anything about it at all (only mention about one of the addresses and pray that the USCIS doesn't lose my mail in the meantime)?

Which address should I use for the N-400? Should I put in more than one address on that form? Can I put more than one address on the form? If so, how should I do this?

Which address should I use for the AR-11 (alien change of address, which is to be filed to Kentucky) and I-865 (sponsor change of address, which is to be filed to Vermont)? Should I put in more than one address on these forms? Can I put more than one address on these forms? If so, how should I do this?

When should I file these forms? As soon as I move, filing them separately (in mid-end July, to Kentucky and Vermont)? Or with my N-400, filing them together with that application (beginning-mid August, which is to be filed to Texas)?

My current ASC/local center is in Buffalo, NY, so will it still be the same when I move? Do I have to explain about such? If it is different, will there be any delays in my case?

Stupid question: What is the difference between a ASC center and a local center?

I will also enclosed a notarized letter from the town clerk, explaining this double address dilemma. Will this help too? Will I need any other information and/or documents needed to further explain this dilemma?

I hope the USCIS doesn't mess this one up!.... :angry:

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ant (2 addresses, 1 new home....confused.... :wacko: )

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Darn us hijackers lol!

Just bumping.... :)

Treb....let us know how your info pass appmnt goes. How long did it take to get one?

I may make one too, just to ensure the change goes through...

Do they process it for you? or just provide info?

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

It took no time at all! 2 minutes on the computer to get it and lots of available times. Only crappy thing is, is that we've gotta go to downtown Newark and no one wants to go to downtown Newark. :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I phoned them when we moved last year- to confirm that my online change was in in effect. The lady asked - do you have the confirmation page, number thingy...yes.....then you don't need to worry whether we have the right address.

Hmm......famous last words...but she indicated that if I have the copnfirmation that it went through online, my butt is covered. ALSO - my husband had to do the snail mail route as sponsor and he HAS received mail at our new address confirming his address change with them so I tend to think it's all ok.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline
I phoned them when we moved last year- to confirm that my online change was in in effect. The lady asked - do you have the confirmation page, number thingy...yes.....then you don't need to worry whether we have the right address.

Hmm......famous last words...but she indicated that if I have the copnfirmation that it went through online, my butt is covered. ALSO - my husband had to do the snail mail route as sponsor and he HAS received mail at our new address confirming his address change with them so I tend to think it's all ok.

I remember doing it....I just don't remember the confirmation. I should write these things down.

I will manually send in my husbands.

Maybe I will cancel the appointment. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I really don't want to go down there for no reason.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I remember doing it....I just don't remember the confirmation. I should write these things down.

I will manually send in my husbands.

Maybe I will cancel the appointment. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I really don't want to go down there for no reason.

What if you call the misinformation line and get THEM to read back your current address on file? Like say please confirm my address or something

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Does any one have experience with that line and am I able to hear my address read to me from either a person or an automated thingy?

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I called them. The person I spoke to told me she does not have access to that kind of information and that I'd have to make an info pass appt. haha

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.