Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It's funny, I thought of you with this cold, Kathryn..... thinking how long you'd had it. I would like you to continue to hold that record. LOL

Thanks for the hydrogen peroxide tip.

Ooops. Just erased some stuff that's better in the OT or Vent thread. LOL

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, back to our non-holiday routines now! I made some lasagna for New Years that we just finished up last night. My fridge is still so full, so I'll have to go through it today and see what the heck is in it! :blink: I had a ham at Christmas, and then put that through the grinder and made some ham salad, also some egg salad for New Years. I think I'll try and finish those things up with some Red Pepper Soup.

On an aside...we were out to the Symphony on Saturday night, and went to a Brazilian restaurant before the performance. Wow, it was SO great! The food, the ambiance, everything was just so nice. Here's a link if anyone is interested on reading the history of the place. Really a heartwarming story.

http://yemanjabrasil.com/home.htm

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

tonight's dinner is going to be a chicken stir fry with a bunch of vegies.. I found a recipe for a simple sauce that I am going to jazz up a bit.... mmm, can't wait to eat

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I was wondering if anyone had some good recipes for fresh spinach... I have used it in salads and as a topping for soup and instead of lettuce in a burger.. all yummy.. I just want to find some other options...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I was wondering if anyone had some good recipes for fresh spinach... I have used it in salads and as a topping for soup and instead of lettuce in a burger.. all yummy.. I just want to find some other options...

I saw a good recipe from Sunny Anderson yesterday on the Food Network. She made homemade ravioli, with hazelnuts, lemon zest, ricotta cheese, some salt and pepper, then scooped that into wonton rappers. She put them in the fridge, and made a spinach pesto, with fresh spinach, garlic, the juice of one lemon, some more hazelnuts and oil. She blended it up into a pesto to put on the ravioli. Looked good!

Last night we had red pepper and tomato soup from Trader Joe's with remaining ham salad on mini croissants. Tonight I think I'm going to make jambalaya and finish off the ham leftovers. I'll make some cornbread to go with it.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Last night we had salmon with cheese and broccoli rice and steamed carrots and peas. I have no idea what I am making for this evening. Though I suddenly have a craving for homemade pizza. :unsure:

I put it in wraps or use it as a bed for shrimp cocktail then eat it with the leftover sauce. I also fry onions then add spinach, parmesan cheese, and fresh lemon juice and use that as a bed for fish.

I have this recipe from a box of puff pastry I was going to try some day. It calls for frozen spinach but I was just going to substitute fresh. You can wilt (heat) it, first, if you like, if you want it to be more like the frozen spinach.

SPINACH CHEESE SWIRLS

1/2 of a 17.3 oz pkg puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)

1 egg

1 tbsp water

1.2 cup shredded Muenster cheese or Monterey Jack cheese

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 green onion, chopped

1/8 tsp garlic powder

1 pkg (about 10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained

Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 40 min or until easy to handle. Heat oven to 400f. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.

Stir egg and water in small bowl. Stir Muenster cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onion and garlic powder in medium bowl.

Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Brush with egg mixture. Top with cheese mixture and spinach. Starting at short side closest to you, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into 20 (1/2") slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheets. Brush with egg mixture.

Bake 15 min or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Baked salmon with quinoa (never had quinoa before...kinda excited to try it, hehe,) with steamed veggies.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

thanks for the spinach recipes :)

I found one online where you take pork or chicken and pound it thin and then spread it with some spreadable cheese and put in some spinach and herbs if you want and then roll and tie them up and then pan fry them just until browned and then finish them off in the oven...

I might make that tomorrow..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I put spinach on pizza with ham and also use it in quiches with just about any type of meat - we also like it steamed with butter -yum! It's my favourite vegetable.

Tonight I made a crab, broccoli and cheddar cheese quiche - yummy! I could have used spinach too - was actually looking for spinach first but realized we're out so I used the broccoli instead.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.