Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mike is making his famous spaghetti and meatballs tonight with garlic bread.

He made this for me when we first met and I told myself after eating it: "This is the man I'm going to marry" :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried some watermelon agua at a restaurant a few weeks ago and I loved it..

so today I decided to make some.. I used this recipe and it was super yummy.. the recipe says to strain it after blending it but I didn't... the pulp is the best part...

Mexican Watermelon Agua Fresca

There are stands throughout Mexico that sell this refreshing fruit drink. You can store Agua Fresca up to 4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!

10 min | 10 min prep

SERVES 6

* 8 cups seedless watermelon, cut into chunks

* 1 cup cold water

* 2 tablespoons sugar

* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

* 6 small watermelon wedges, for garnish

1. Combine 4 cups of the watermelon cubes and 1/2 cup of the water in a blender and puree. Press the mixture through a sieve set over a medium bowl. Pour into a large pitcher. Repeat with the remaining watermelon and water.

2. Add the sugar and lime juice to the pitcher; stir until the sugar is dissolved.

3. Pour the aqua fresca into 6 ice-filled glasses. Garnish each drink with a watermelon wedge.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/print?id=370541

mvSuprise-hug.gif

As usual, I read this thread in the morning, and I'm starving. :lol: I don't know what I'm going to make tonight. I spent the weekend heating up leftovers! Yesterday I made hot wings, and a tabouli salad. There is enough that we can eat that again tonight. I did make for dessert last night a delightful apple strudel thingy in my crock pot! Here's the link if you want to try it out. Especially you Marilyn with your new crockpot! It was delicious and we had it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

http://www.recipelion.com/Crock-Pot-Desserts/Apple-Streusel

I'm a huge fan of vanilla ice cream, and I think Breyers makes the best. What do you think? I've been buying the low carb Breyers as well, and it's delicious.

carlahmsb4.gif

Ice cream has and always will be my downfall.

I'm serious. When I've been in full-on eat-healthily-and-work-out mode, I've managed to suppress my yearning for it. But when I'm NOT in that mode, it's all I ever really want. There was once, several years ago, that I ate ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. No joke! I had four individual pints throughout the day.

Mmm. Ice cream. Now I want some. :(

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I LOVE ice cream -- i'm not much of a sweet-eater but good ice cream is my weakness too. Not the cheap stuff but Hagaan Daaz and things made with just milk, cream, eggs and whatever flavour it is... natural ice cream.

I am more of a salty girl. I prefer chips and popcorn, sammiches and burgers to sweet foods. Oh and cheese and meat.

:)

Ice cream has and always will be my downfall.

I'm serious. When I've been in full-on eat-healthily-and-work-out mode, I've managed to suppress my yearning for it. But when I'm NOT in that mode, it's all I ever really want. There was once, several years ago, that I ate ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. No joke! I had four individual pints throughout the day.

Mmm. Ice cream. Now I want some. :(

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

I LOVE ice cream -- i'm not much of a sweet-eater but good ice cream is my weakness too. Not the cheap stuff but Hagaan Daaz and things made with just milk, cream, eggs and whatever flavour it is... natural ice cream.

That's one of the scary things about the U.S. Every grocery store I've been in down there has at least TWICE the selection of the ones up here. Honestly, my wife and I have been known to stand there staring at all the flavors for at least five minutes, trying to decide.

They have more brand names too -- Haagen Daas, Ben & Jerry's and Breyers, yes, but also Edy's and others I can't remember.

I swear I'm going to be 300 pounds next year.

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

####### YEAH! I know, they have ALL the flavours of Ben&Jerry's and not only that but instead of being 7$ a pint like they are here, they're something like 3$ on sale adn they go on sale a lot. I eat a significant amount of ice cream when i'm in the U.S. I will have to bump up my running and cycling to a daily thing there. But... it is also WAY Nicer to run and to cycle where we live in the US than it is where I live now in downtown Toronto!

So... hopefully it balances out...

Hopefully...

Love,

Fatty Pants.

That's one of the scary things about the U.S. Every grocery store I've been in down there has at least TWICE the selection of the ones up here. Honestly, my wife and I have been known to stand there staring at all the flavors for at least five minutes, trying to decide.

They have more brand names too -- Haagen Daas, Ben & Jerry's and Breyers, yes, but also Edy's and others I can't remember.

I swear I'm going to be 300 pounds next year.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we tried out a crock pot corn bread stuffing the other day .. it was delish.. next time we might add a little less broth

http://www.recipezaar.com/Crock-Pot-Cornbr...Dressing-146944

mvSuprise-hug.gif

####### YEAH! I know, they have ALL the flavours of Ben&Jerry's and not only that but instead of being 7$ a pint like they are here, they're something like 3$ on sale adn they go on sale a lot. I eat a significant amount of ice cream when i'm in the U.S.

Exactly!!! It's SO much cheaper! I mean, at least when I buy ice cream up here, it's like an investment. Or at least a dividend. It makes me feel like I'm buying stock in Ben & Jerry's.

But when I'm in the States? Nope, that's just pure, unadulterated snackage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.