What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think we're having spaghetti. But not the marijuana. :lol: But I may just make a "pizza" out of the garlic naan I have. Or maybe an Italian salad. My yoga class starts at 7:00 and spaghetti isn't going to work too well with that. lol

If you had the marijuana you might enjoy the spaghetti even more?

Oh where oh where has my blenderrrrrr gone oh where oh where can it beeeeee - as I mentioned in OT, I have the ingredients for the butternut squash soup - but no blender. Will go through some stuff today and see if I can find it.

However! Since it is going to be 34 degrees here today, perhaps soup is not a good choice for dinner. Hot yesterday too so we had salad and some garlic bread. Tonight we will probably have something basic like grilled cheese - so I don't have to turn on the stove or oven for long.

Edited by trailmix

Going to Fuddruckers tonight!

Hubby and I have Capitals Season Tickets and we're going to the pre-season game against the Blackhawks...so no eating at home tonight! :)

Btw, if anyone in the DC area wants tickets, PM me :)

Edited by J&K

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I am making sgetti and meatballs for dinner today...

it turns out that I didn't buy marinara sauce it was just pasta sauce.. but it is all natural ingredients: Tomato puree, Diced tomatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, Roasted onions, roasted red peppers, roasted green peppers, white vinegar, roasted minced garlic, salt, pure olive oil, sugar, minced garlic, basil, oregano, Marjoram, Savory, thyme and parsley.

it is from the market here called Fresh and Easy and it is their brand of pasta sauce..

I am also trying out whole wheat pasta for the first time today...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I took a frozen Supreme pizza and added extra veggies (peppers, tomatoes, onions, yellow squash), more cheese (pepperjack) and more spices and that's what we had for dinner. Not too bad when you dress it up like that.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
So I took a frozen Supreme pizza and added extra veggies (peppers, tomatoes, onions, yellow squash), more cheese (pepperjack) and more spices and that's what we had for dinner. Not too bad when you dress it up like that.

I do that too whenever I make a frozen pizza! Add my own veggies.

Well tonight I had cheese and spinach ravioli, it was quite good.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

We went out again. I was about to make dinner and Mike called to tell me that someone rear ended him, so I had to drive over to the scene and grab Ethan's hockey equipment that was in Mike's car because he had practice. I gave the lady who hit him the stink eye. :lol:

But ya we had wawa hoagies after Ethan's practice.

Tonight we'll have what we were supposed to have last night black bean and lemon couscous and crispy fried tofu.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

I don't know what I'm having... maybe some chicken or something.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
We went out again. I was about to make dinner and Mike called to tell me that someone rear ended him, so I had to drive over to the scene and grab Ethan's hockey equipment that was in Mike's car because he had practice. I gave the lady who hit him the stink eye. :lol:

Tonight we'll have what we were supposed to have last night black bean and lemon couscous and crispy fried tofu.

Yikes! Hope Mike is OK.

MMMM crispy fried tofu, that sounds SO good!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yikes! Hope Mike is OK.

I used to really love eating tofu. There were a few places here that made tofu tacos that were really good. But Mel has banned me from eating any tofu/soy producs since reading this article LINK

Marilyn - I've been hearing a lot about those Fresh and Easy markets. I have yet to find one anywhere near me. But the concept of the whole store chain is intriguing. They use more efficient building materials, lighting, water spouts, etc, and are able to cut their prices and maintain the same profit margins of the other stores :thumbs:

Timeline

Oh yeah, I heard that before about soy products! That sucks, I'm glad I'm not a male as I eat soy/tofu at least once per day. Soooo good! I haven't tried tofu tacos before yet, but I'm sure I'd love them

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Yikes! Hope Mike is OK.

Yea he's fine. He just had to wait for the police to come and make a report and then he met us at the rink afterwards.

We rarely do eat tofu, but I think too much of anything isn't good for you.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.