Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have made Emeril's mac and cheese before and it was pretty good...

I can't remember which recipe I tried though... but the both look yummy

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-...cipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-...cipe/index.html

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We made this tonight and it was amazing..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael...cipe/index.html

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We made this tonight and it was amazing..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael...cipe/index.html

Wow that does look good!

We ended up having stuff from Boston Pizza as my Husband met his friend there for lunch and brought me home a spumoli - it was pretty good.

Filed: Timeline
Any specific recipe? I'm always looking for good Mac and Cheese recipes!

Gene has gone out of town until tomorrow evening. I'm going out for supper! I don't know where yet though. No cooking for me! :lol:

Alton Brown always has some good recipes. I got this one in my email the other day..... it says it's the "best-ever mac and cheese". Okay. I'll make it one day and find out. I should get my SIL's recipe. She makes great mac and cheese.

Link to Alton Brown's Mac and Cheese Recipe

Where did you go for supper, Carla? Was it fun?

Last night I bbq'd lamb chops marinated in lemon, rosemary, garlic, and mint sauce. (With oil and salt and pepper, of course.) They were soooooooo good. I also tossed some zucchini and yellow squash in balsamic, oil, and liquid smoke (with salt and pepper) then skewered them and bbq'd them with the lamb. We had that with garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes.

Tonight I am kind of thinking steak shiskebobs. Maybe.

iagree.gif

Timeline

i was looking up fair food yesterday and I cam across Deep fried chocolate covered strawberries.. they are not going to have them at the LA Fair though.. I think it was at the Indiana State fair.. anyways that sounds kind of yummy.. I do plan on having some funnel cake though...

http://www.slashfood.com/2006/08/23/what-i...best-fair-food/

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I am feeling icky and not in the mood for cooking. So hubby went to the store and bought me comfort food .... Velveeta shells and cheese. Not something I have often at all, but something I like when I am sick.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

An abundance of basil in the garden has led to a basil theme for tonight's dinner. Pesto and meatballs with basil bread. The bread is rising right now and smells incredible. I hope it turns out, cause I suck at baking.

Hope your feel-good Velveeta meal gets you feeling better Autumn. :thumbs:

Timeline

so for lunch we had Mexican food.. I had a fish taco and a beef taco.. they were passable and hubby had a torta that he said was ok... then later I had some of those mini cinnamon donuts.. yum... for dinner hubby and I shared a turkey leg and some roasted corn.. the turkey was just ok but the corn on the cob was delish.... then later in the evening we shared the yummiest thing ever, a Mexican funnel cake with whipped cream and strawberries.. YUMMY!!

the funnel cake looks like this...

2915100933_6d9806c503.jpg

p.s. that was not the funnel cake we had..lol.. it is just a pic I found on the net..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

so for lunch we had Mexican food.. I had a fish taco and a beef taco.. they were passable and hubby had a torta that he said was ok... then later I had some of those mini cinnamon donuts.. yum... for dinner hubby and I shared a turkey leg and some roasted corn.. the turkey was just ok but the corn on the cob was delish.... then later in the evening we shared the yummiest thing ever, a Mexican funnel cake with whipped cream and strawberries.. YUMMY!!

the funnel cake looks like this...

2915100933_6d9806c503.jpg

p.s. that was not the funnel cake we had..lol.. it is just a pic I found on the net..

Whoa. Suddenly, I got fatter. :lol:

We had lime chicken and greek salad for dinner last night. I also made Cassie's Cream Cheese Danish Thingy. OMG. It was to die for. I halved the recipe and didn't do the braiding thing. Instead, I cut the puff pastry into half (using half the amount in the recipe), spread the filling on top, then sprinkled blueberries on one and sliced tinned peaches on the other. Then I just pulled the sides over the top (but not all the way) so they didn't leak out, and cut slits on top. Wow. Just..... wow. I am sooooooo happy. My husband wants me to make them again. :)

Speaking of husbands...... he's working late tonight so I'm not making any dinner. I'll probably have a greek salad and the leftover lamb, and then give him some soup when he gets home.

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: these are the 2 ads I currently see on top of this thread..

2 Rules For Belly Fat

Obey 2 Simple Rules And Lose 9 Lbs A Week Guaranteed.

1 Trick To Lose Weight

Lose 9 Lbs A Week Effortlessly Using This 1 Secret Trick

mvSuprise-hug.gif

:lol: these are the 2 ads I currently see on top of this thread..

2 Rules For Belly Fat

Obey 2 Simple Rules And Lose 9 Lbs A Week Guaranteed.

1 Trick To Lose Weight

Lose 9 Lbs A Week Effortlessly Using This 1 Secret Trick

Whooo! Nine pounds a week!! :dance: Where do I sign up? :lol:

*wanders off to find the secret trick*

Aw, crumbs. (no pun intended. lol) All I see are ads for visas. :(

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So we had a somewhat interesting combination of leftovers tonight . . . I had made a macaroni, tomato, basil (with peppers, onions, garlic and okra added in for good message) one dish 'pot' meal two nights ago and we had enough left over for a second meal (and a lunch sized portion for Joe's lunch tomorrow) so we had that tonight. Joe had opened up a can of corned beef hash for lunch so we had the rest of that on the side and added some more freshly sliced tomatoes.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.