Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think 'well done' gets a bad rap because of all those people who don't know how to cook a well done steak properly.

It's not supposed to be burnt, or burnt on the outside but not quite done on the inside. It should still be flavourful and not dry (although I like it dried out too!!).

I also think it's funny that people think well done steak is somehow 'badddddd'. For instance, if your friend thought having a hamburger half cooked was fabulous (and a lot of people do) and you thought it was gross, it would just be accepted, but for some reason because it's steak - it's weird.

Also! (yeah i've thought about this haha) if you like your chicken sandwich with mustard but your Husband hates mustard, you would just leave the mustard off, you wouldn't say omg Hank!! you must put mustard on your chicken, it makes it taste so much better!! No of course not because you know Hank does not like mustard.

Just some thoughts on steak I thought I would share :lol:

I used to be a well-done'r when it came to steak, too. But the melt-in-your-mouth flavor of a medium cooked steak is just hard to surpass.

Now, with that, I only like well done roast beef, hamburgers, etc. Chicken/pork HAS to be well done, imo.

Steak is really the only thing I'm picky about. Hubby is a medium-rare (which is too undercooked for me).

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, then Carla was having me on! :lol:

Or maybe she's not and I'm just interpreting her laughing smileys wrong. :lol:

No, I wasn't having you on. Your interpretation is wrong. :lol:

We had delicious oven crispy shake n' bake chicken last night. I'm calling it that because I made my own crumb mixture up, and it tasted very much like shake n' bake. Very crispy and delicious. Kept the chicken very moist. We had some lentils and rice and a salad. We'll finish up the chicken tonight. I'll maybe pick up some potatoes today for it, and maybe brussel sprouts.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to Olive Garden for lunch and had soup salad and breadsticks.... sooo full now! If I do get hungry later, I'll have something very light

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I'm having the other half of my sub for supper.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

not sure what dinner will be..

the hubster can't eat anything when he gets home because he has to have some blood work done tomorrow..

hopefully this time he doesn't drink an energy drink right before he goes to get blood work done... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

So I made a tomato and basil quiche with added onions, a bit of okra and a bit of yellow squash. Just waiting for Joe to get home now.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

So Joe just called. He is stuck in traffic. It has taken him 40 minutes to go 2 miles. There is a football game tonight at the stadium and he is caught up in that traffic.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So Joe just called. He is stuck in traffic. It has taken him 40 minutes to go 2 miles. There is a football game tonight at the stadium and he is caught up in that traffic.

Ohhhhh yeah. Clemson (my alma mater) is going to crush Georgia Tech. Had fried chicken strips 2 nights ago, and rib eye steaks last night. My body has paid the price. Too much greasy foods. I think i'll have plain pasta with a little margerine and no sauce.

Timeline

Homemade Mac and Cheese and salad - very good

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Homemade Mac and Cheese and salad - very good

Any specific recipe? I'm always looking for good Mac and Cheese recipes!

Gene has gone out of town until tomorrow evening. I'm going out for supper! I don't know where yet though. No cooking for me! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.