Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

I was on the phone with my mom ( cause she has esp and calls always at the worst times... like dinnertime..when i'm just heading to the washroom... or about to have some close intimate time) and I think she brought some to people saying ohhh ya gotta try this when i came back out and asked where it was she said oh it's gone ... good thing i had that little bit before i went to get the phone .. I said "Gone? I hadn't eaten yet" ... she says well theres salad and some potatoes there and told me she thought i ate ... i said nope .. and wandered over to the subway cause in my stubborness if i wasn't getting the part of dinner i wanted i didn't want any of it

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I was on the phone with my mom ( cause she has esp and calls always at the worst times... like dinnertime..when i'm just heading to the washroom... or about to have some close intimate time) and I think she brought some to people saying ohhh ya gotta try this when i came back out and asked where it was she said oh it's gone ... good thing i had that little bit before i went to get the phone .. I said "Gone? I hadn't eaten yet" ... she says well theres salad and some potatoes there and told me she thought i ate ... i said nope .. and wandered over to the subway cause in my stubborness if i wasn't getting the part of dinner i wanted i didn't want any of it

Oh bummer. Well it sounds really good! Your wife must be really friendly!

Filed: Timeline

Ohmygoodness, I would be so ticked off!!!!!!!

P.S. I think you and my husband have the same mother! :lol: Honestly, she was a nightmare. If he didn't pick up the landline, she'd be calling on the cell. Then back to the landline. Then back to the cell. I considered not marrying him because of her. She's not like that anymore, though. But she does have her moments. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

Ohmygoodness, I would be so ticked off!!!!!!!

P.S. I think you and my husband have the same mother! :lol: Honestly, she was a nightmare. If he didn't pick up the landline, she'd be calling on the cell. Then back to the landline. Then back to the cell. I considered not marrying him because of her. She's not like that anymore, though. But she does have her moments. icon2.gif

It's cool am over it now ... and my mom .. well i love her and all i do ignore her calls alot so sometimes i need to answer hehehe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting for my mom.. she hit a bad storm just outside of scranton but just called and told me she is IN Jersey.. coming down the turnpike. :lol:

So for dinner I am making grilled spicy eggplant, stuffed tomatoes and wild rice. :D

Then I made* some eclairs for dessert.

*and by made I mean: made them appear in my grocery basket earlier today. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Still waiting for my mom.. she hit a bad storm just outside of scranton but just called and told me she is IN Jersey.. coming down the turnpike. :lol:

So for dinner I am making grilled spicy eggplant, stuffed tomatoes and wild rice. :D

The storm is soooo bad! It's here right now and the thunder and lightening is crazy. Have a nice visit!

PS. Dinner sounds so yummyyyyy

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

woot! :lol:

Sounds good, how exciting your Mom is on her way!

We had - well basically quesidillas - cheese, green pepper and onion, but Mike picked up these new whole wheat wraps with flax - they were really good. Just has some salad with that.

Timeline

Wow...if there was an eggplant addiction anonymous phone number out there, I'd definitely been recommending it to you lol. Seems like you're always having eggplant, but then again, I can't blame you, it is pretty good :blush:

As for the MIL thing from Trailmix, my MIL was/still sometimes is like that too! One night, she called us 32 times because she was angry at my now deceased FIL, and left 16 angry messages for us angry that my husband wouldn't pick up and listen to his parent's problems. Yikes...memories...

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
As for the MIL thing from Trailmix, my MIL was/still sometimes is like that too! One night, she called us 32 times because she was angry at my now deceased FIL, and left 16 angry messages for us angry that my husband wouldn't pick up and listen to his parent's problems. Yikes...memories...

It's krikit with the ....umm the...challenging MIL.

My MIL is in Australia, I have only spoken to her on the phone and she seems really nice :lol:

Timeline

Wow...if there was an eggplant addiction anonymous phone number out there, I'd definitely been recommending it to you lol. Seems like you're always having eggplant, but then again, I can't blame you, it is pretty good :blush:

There's sooo much stuff you can do with it! :lol:

I don't cook meat anymore so it's an easy filler for what was on our plates.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yesterday we tried the Kentucky Grilled Chicken. It was gross- I wouldn't have it again.

Tonight I made shish kabobs. Chicken, onion, red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini. cherry tomatoes. I pour fat free Italian dressing over them and grill them up. Yummy and healthy.

Timeline

It's krikit with the ....umm the...challenging MIL.

My MIL is in Australia, I have only spoken to her on the phone and she seems really nice :lol:

Oops my bad. For some reason the whole time I was typing that, I was thinking trailmix...maybe I'm hungry(for the actual trail mix nutty stuff,) don't worry. Maybe you can ask your MIL if she's adopting seems as how we have two of us so far with not so nice MIL's.

There's sooo much stuff you can do with it! :lol:

I don't cook meat anymore so it's an easy filler for what was on our plates.

And yeah..I'm definitely going to have to look up some eggplant recipes, that spicy eggplant actually sounded good!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

It's pretty easy you just...

Slice the eggplant lay..

Take two tablespoons of olive oil, two cloves of garlic (minced) and salt and pepper, mix it up and brush it on the eggplant and put the eggplant on the grill or in the oven for about 15 minutes on 400.

While that's cooking mix 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar and two tablespoons of olive oil two cloves of garlic (minced) and about a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes... drizzle it over the eggplant.. sprinkle some fresh parsley over top and voila!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Just printed off Marilyn's Red Chicken Chili recipe - think we'll have that tonight with fresh bread.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Even though I don't comment on everyone's meals, most of the time I'm in here going "mmmmmmmmmmmmm" in my head. Or "yuck", as the case may be. :lol:

:lol: yeah I know what you mean, I do the same thing :)

and YUCK for any seafood meals :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.