Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

speaking of pot-pies.. I saw this recipe in my Kraft magazine where they use those crescent roll things for the top crust and the filling is on the bottom.. might have to try that recipe out..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
speaking of pot-pies.. I saw this recipe in my Kraft magazine where they use those crescent roll things for the top crust and the filling is on the bottom.. might have to try that recipe out..

I do that sometimes! I buy puff pastry and just cover the tops of the individual baking dishes. Works great.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do that sometimes! I buy puff pastry and just cover the tops of the individual baking dishes. Works great.

I keep meaning to do that and keep forgetting to buy the pastry!

Hamburgers and oven fries for dinner tonight.

Well, I cleaned out my fridge and wasn't inspired. Since I got notice that my 10 yr. GC was approved five minutes ago...I think we'll go out to eat and celebrate! :)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

great news carla!! :thumbs:

no clue what to make for dinner.. it is probably going to get really warm in here later so don't really feel like cooking anything so it is either a frozen dinner or Pizza Hut.. I am leaning towards Pizza Hut :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are going to an Italian place in Manhattan called Nizza. We took my Mom there when she was visiting and it was amazing.

We're taking R's sister because they offer a gluten-free menu and she's allergic to wheat... AND she's leaving for college on Saturday! It's our good bye dinner.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Yay Carla!!!

Well, I made sauteed chicken with onions, artichoke hearts, capers and green olives in a white wine sauce, also had grilled veggies and macaroni salad (I know, the mac salad is a weird addition to this menu, but Declan loves it so I made it for him and then ended up eating some as well).

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Carla!

We had roast chicken, pasta with cheese and stir-fried yellow squash, onions, garlic, okra and peppers

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

You guys always make something so yummy for super. I had a protein shake... but it had strawberries, banana, skim milk, protein powder and chocolate syrup. I spent almost 2 hours at the gym, I wasn't up to cooking something yummy.

Maybe tomorrow night!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Well, if you read Canada OT, Gene was in no mood, nor shape to go out to supper last night. So, we called a local Chinese Food take-out and ordered in. I usually have the lemon chicken, and it's divine, however it was gross this time and I'll never have it again not knowing if it was just a new chef this time, or that's how they're going to make it now! Ick! I didn't enjoy it at all.

We have leftover turkey pot pie to finish up, so that and a salad will be for dinner tonight.

carlahmsb4.gif

Any ideas on what I can make with chicken breast that's yummy and healthy? My recipes are getting kinda boring.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Any ideas on what I can make with chicken breast that's yummy and healthy? My recipes are getting kinda boring.

I used to make chicken boobs basted in a creamy dressing and bake them. Anything from Ranch to Caesar to Honey dijon (the PC stuff was great). You could use one of the lower fat versions too, I used to eat them that way on WW a lot.

375 for 30-40 minutes should do it I would think. Serve with or in a salad or on a bun or wrap with veggies

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.