Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For dessert we cut open one of our watermelons from the garden - it was perfectly ripe and really delicious. They are the small personal sized ones so it was just enough for dessert for the two of us.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmmmm, I love nice and sweet and juicy watermelon...

as anyone here heard of roll kuchen?

growing up my grandma made it sometimes and we would eat it with watermelon... mmmm

rollkuchen3_Full.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

tonight's dinner is chicken from El Polo Loco and pasta salad from the market...

I was going to make the ground beef thing with corn bread on top but it got too late.. so I will make that tomorrow after work...

after a lovely two weeks off it is back to work for me tomorrow.. I am sure the little one will be walking by now.. he was really close the last time I saw him...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Welcome back Marilyn! Make sure you post some pictures for us of your vacation!

We had smoked beef brisket last night with party potatoes and vinaigrette coleslaw. Tonight I'm roasting a turkey breast. We'll have roasted beets (my favourite!!!!), leftover party potatoes, and steamed carrots.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Looking forward to the pics, Marilyn.

Carla, I think you and I are having the same thing! The deli gave me a pound of sliced roast turkey instead of a half, so I think I'm going to put it in gravy and then have green beans and scalloped potatoes with it. I might change my mind by dinner-time, though. LOL

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
mmmmm, I love nice and sweet and juicy watermelon...

as anyone here heard of roll kuchen?

growing up my grandma made it sometimes and we would eat it with watermelon... mmmm

rollkuchen3_Full.jpg

I've never heard of this Marilyn. Kathryn, fresh watermelon sounds great! Which reminds me, when we were in Georgia we saw big trucks of watermelons going down the road, by some silly tourist warehouse type place we stopped at. I can't remember the name, it had lots of peanuts, peanut brittle, jams. I almost bought some peach jam, I thought ohhh peach jam from Georgia - then I realized I could make peach jam any old time.

The sausage rolls last night were really good!!

Edited by trailmix

Last night dinner ended up being linguini with clam sauce .... very good.

I am looking forward to tonight's dinner ... I have a pork roast in the crockpot with carrots, onion, potatoes and mushrooms. I'm hungry now too.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
I am really in the mood for some paella now thanks to Hall9000 for reminding me of it. Unfortunately two of the ingredients are my wifes least favorite foods in the world :(

And what are those two?

Anyway, simple - you eat paella and she eats, whatever her favourite food is!

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline
I am really in the mood for some paella now thanks to Hall9000 for reminding me of it. Unfortunately two of the ingredients are my wifes least favorite foods in the world :(

And what are those two?

Anyway, simple - you eat paella and she eats, whatever her favourite food is!

I donno why, but I would prefer we ate the same thing, even if it's something I don't like :blush:

Indy.gif

Timeline
I donno why, but I would prefer we ate the same thing, even if it's something I don't like :blush:

awwww

but you didn't say what the 2 hated ingredients are?

Anyway, we are having yams, green beans and pork chops!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.