Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I ended up making homemade spaghetti sauce with lots of garden fresh tomatoes, okra, and peppers, then added onions, garlic and spices. Yum!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I met my Dad at Canyon Creek and had a late lunch. I've never been to that restaurant before but it was really good. I had a garden burger with shoestring fries, they were really yummy.

Mmmmmm, Canyon Creek.

Well we didn't go to Sushi Katana last night. My husband wanted to try another place that he'd heard a lot about. So we went to High Tide Harry's instead. It was awesome! I got a dozen oysters on the half shell for $4.99!!!! One of them was a twin, and one of them was a triplet! :o I've never seen that before. The twin was a real twin.... albeit fraternal. LOL. The triplet was just three oysters in separate shells which were attached to each other. Dinner and biology all in one night! What a coup. :lol:

Tonight I haven't thought of anything as yet. I need to go grocery shopping so I guess I'll see what catches my eye.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well we didn't go to Sushi Katana last night. My husband wanted to try another place that he'd heard a lot about. So we went to High Tide Harry's instead. It was awesome! I got a dozen oysters on the half shell for $4.99!!!! One of them was a twin, and one of them was a triplet! :o I've never seen that before. The twin was a real twin.... albeit fraternal.

:lol:

Timeline

well, we were out to B&N for coffee this afternoon and decided on the way back to stop at our favourite restaurant for dinner. We both had the salisbury steak special which was really good - and as usual the servings were so large that we both brought some back home with us for a meal tomorrow.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

I had Swiss Chalet. Yum! I was suppose to have something else, but I'll make it tomorrow instead. My mom wanted to pay for my dinner :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
Oh, and my husband has requested pound cake so I think I'm going to try Paula Deen's recipe:

Southwest Georgia Pound Cake

Looks fairly health conscious.

:lol:

I bet that is going to be divine! Note the part at the bottom:

For a real treat, serve yourself a slice while it's still warm.

Timeline

Tonight I'm making sweet potato fries for the first time, I hope they're good! Also roasted chicken and corn on the cob, I'm making eggplant for myself :)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Tonight I'm making sweet potato fries for the first time, I hope they're good! Also roasted chicken and corn on the cob, I'm making eggplant for myself :)

I bet they will be great! I might make baked yam fries - yes yams, not sweet potatoes :lol:

Last night, I had a night out with the girls .... we shared a bunch of appys ... mussels in a white wine sauce, calamari, stuffed mushrooms, nachos. Very yummy.

Not sure what tonight's dinner brings. I have to run to the store.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

We had last night's leftovers for lunch and we're having Friday night's left overs (spaghetti with vegetable spaghetti sauce) for dinner tonight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.