Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I miss good cheese!!!

So tonight was another variation on the vegetable moussaka. The eggplants are still coming strong but we have seen the last of the zucchini and it looks like the summer squash is now dying off as well :crying: , I've noticed Joe leaving a lot of the eggplant on his plate lately and he just told me that he really doesn't like eggplant. Great! Now, he tells me after we have been growing it for 4 years, hehehe. Ok, maybe we won't grow it next year - but I sure do like it.

:lol: That's so cute that he told you after 4 years

Yeah :lol:

We are having little caesars pizza.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made chicken pot pies tonight. I did it the "new way" where you put the pastry over bowl. My husband laughed at them- until he put it in his mouth. Then he stopped laughing. Jacka$$.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We had roast chicken, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, macaroni salad, and out favorite wine. All of this was on the table tonight, when I got home from coaching... including lit candles along with a dozen red roses and a birthday card for me. My husband is AMAZING!!! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We had roast chicken, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, macaroni salad, and out favorite wine. All of this was on the table tonight, when I got home from coaching... including lit candles along with a dozen red roses and a birthday card for me. My husband is AMAZING!!! :)

Meh- Newlyweds!

:P

Timeline
I made chicken pot pies tonight. I did it the "new way" where you put the pastry over bowl. My husband laughed at them- until he put it in his mouth. Then he stopped laughing. Jacka$$.

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight I'm going in to meet the husband. I am going in with him and his coworkers for dinner and drinks. I have no idea where yet.

I hate that they plan these things for Thursday nights.. but at the same time I do enjoy going.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Tonight I'm meeting up with my old co-workers at our favourite post-work restaurant, the Mexican Post. Gonna have a margarita or two :)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Today I did one of the make your own packaged "Indian" meals for coconut curry and spiced garbanzo beans. I added our own tomatoes and okra to the spiced beans. It was actually very good.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Well I was making scrambled eggs with sausage and toast - however i was cooking the snausage and didn't like the way they looked so threw them all in the garbage. Soooo we had scrambled eggs and toast!

Well I was making scrambled eggs with sausage and toast - however i was cooking the snausage and didn't like the way they looked so threw them all in the garbage. Soooo we had scrambled eggs and toast!

Very strange! I didn't read this yesterday, but that's kind of what we had last night! It was more of a Denver though (Gene has never heard of Denver's on toast before...). I used Italian sausage and it was good.

I don't know about tonight. After my few days of non-eating, I'm very hungry, but just don't know what to make! I have some groceries to pick up, so I'll decide then I guess.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

We went downtown to eat on the upstairs patio of our favourite bistro. My husband had tuna on salad and I had soup and 1/2 sandwich..... tomato basil soup with fresh parm and honking big slices of ham and swiss on whole wheat. (I asked for brown bread at first then remembered to correct myself. :lol: ) I also had a chai latte and he had a frozen strawberry lemonade. And then an awesome thunderstorm rolled in (but no rain) and my husband insisted on going inside and I said "But the birds are still flying around" and he said "Birds get zapped too" and so we went inside. Then the other couple that was sitting out there came in and he said his wife made him come inside because she was scared too but it was probably because their house had been struck two times by lightening. :o And then we came home and watched the news and a church had been burnt to the ground from a lightening strike (yes, I note the irony) and also a power station had been hit and I'm wondering "Why doesn't everyone install lightening rods?" :unsure:

Oh! So when we pulled up to the bistro I looked to the right at my favourite quilt shop AND IT'S GONE!!!!! :o I was going to buy a beautiful quilt in there for our bed and a baby one for my hairdresser who is on maternity leave. :crying: I screamed "OH NO!!" when we pulled up and my husband nearly had a heart attack because he thought something had happened. I said "It did! The quilt shop is gone!" :crying: Anyway, he suggested I ask at one of the shops next door to see if the owner still has quilts I can buy from her. I'm still sad, though. :cry:

Since we have to go to Orlando for my biometrics today, we'll probably have an early dinner at Sushi Katana. It's Happy Hour on all their rolls and wine until 6:30pm. :luv:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we went back to Old Town last night for some more Mexican food... we decided to try a different place thn last time.. I was swayed by the bright colours of this one Mexican place.. the food was ok but pretty pricey for what you got...

we wished we had just gone back to the other pace and had the yummy albonigas soup and the fresh tortillas...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Good point about the lightning rods! Made me think of when we were living in the apartment in Lake Mary and lightning hit right in front of our place - it was spectacular - it would not have been if it were a tad closer.

I am thinking of going to safeway today, want to pick up some vegetables. Think I will make roasted vegetables of some sort for dinner - not sure what will go with that - will see something at the store no doubt!

Timeline

Yeah, the thunderstorms around here almost always end up starting housefires from lightning strikes. I don't know if it is because the storms are more violent or because there are just more houses. Regardless, they don't use lightning rods here and I have wondered about that. I've priced them out to see about adding one here and yipes - they're expensive! Still - cheaper than a burned out house.

Since this is the dinner thread I guess I should also add that I have no idea yet what we're going to have for dinner! :P

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I met my Dad at Canyon Creek and had a late lunch. I've never been to that restaurant before but it was really good. I had a garden burger with shoestring fries, they were really yummy.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.