Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last night after a long 10 hour drive to Canada, went to my sister's for a BBQ and she made my favourite, Licks burgers on the BBQ :D So yummy!!!! Today I'm doing groceries and going to make a few homemade pizzas with a salad

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Monday we had dinner at a Chinese/American Buffet place... they had this super yummy cucumber, tomato and red onion salad, super yummy green beans and super yummy mushrooms...

yesterday we were in Old Town San Diego and we were walking down this street when we saw these ladies in the window of this restaurant making fresh tortillas and so we decided to have lunch there... hubby ordered the albonigas soup (it came with fresh tortillas) and a carne asada (beef) and guacamole burrito and I had a taco and enchilada combo plate.. let's just say I wish I would have ordered a big bowl of albonigas soup with the tortillas.. those were the best parts of the meal.. huby's carne asdsa and guacamole burrito was super yummy too... my food was very good too, I just wish they hadn't fried the tortilla for the taco....

today we are going to Sea World so we will be having some kind of overpriced junk food :P

we are having a lot of fun so far.. and it hasn't been that hot either which is nice...

the hotel is super comfy and nice.. it was a steal for 50 bucks a night.. just wish it had a hot tub but oh well...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sounds like you're having fun, Marilyn. :)

Tonight I am on my own, again, so I may have another mystery meal. You'd think I'd be out on the town going wild or something. Damn this cold that dragged me down and stole all my energy! :bonk:

Woot krikit out on the town, footloose and fancy free wooooo!

Well you seem better today :)

Tonight I'm having lemon pepper pork chop (baked) with a baked sweet potato :) YUMM!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
Tonight's mystery meal is.......

Cabbage rolls and rice!!! :dance:

:thumbs: oh you got lucky, that sounds good.

I'm tired. I believe I am too tired to cook. We just had a cheese sandwich, so i'm not too concerned about dinner :lol:

Timeline
Blech. A HUGE letdown on the cabbage rolls. They are WAY too sweet. :dead: Why do they have to sweeten everything down here so much? :crying:

Ohhh I thought that you had made them - oh noessss!

It's funny, nothing here is too sweet - I love it!! My cheerios seemed a bit sweet at first, but I think it's just because they taste different (better different of course!)

The bread is so good- the Armstrong extra old white cheese is divineeeeeeee

<happy sigh>

Timeline

I miss good cheese!!!

So tonight was another variation on the vegetable moussaka. The eggplants are still coming strong but we have seen the last of the zucchini and it looks like the summer squash is now dying off as well :crying: , I've noticed Joe leaving a lot of the eggplant on his plate lately and he just told me that he really doesn't like eggplant. Great! Now, he tells me after we have been growing it for 4 years, hehehe. Ok, maybe we won't grow it next year - but I sure do like it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I miss good cheese!!!

So tonight was another variation on the vegetable moussaka. The eggplants are still coming strong but we have seen the last of the zucchini and it looks like the summer squash is now dying off as well :crying: , I've noticed Joe leaving a lot of the eggplant on his plate lately and he just told me that he really doesn't like eggplant. Great! Now, he tells me after we have been growing it for 4 years, hehehe. Ok, maybe we won't grow it next year - but I sure do like it.

:lol: That's so cute that he told you after 4 years

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.