Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going out for supper tonight to Trailhead Brewing Co. They make the best beef brisket chili. I don't know that I'll have that...everything I've tried there is very good though. Then we'll head off to the ball game if it's not raining.

http://www.trailheadbrewing.com/

Last night was heated up leftovers.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have any of you noticed that I have laid off the eggplant for a bit??

Well tonight I am having it! Eggplant parm with whole wheat pasta. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh! I have the BEST oatmeal cranberry cookie recipe EVAH! Let me know if anyone would like it.

As for fresh seafood..... OMG, we had fresh halibut till it was coming out of our eyeballs while we were in BC! I was in seafood heaven. :luv:

I would like the recipe please - I love oatmeal cookies - and cranberries for that matter!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES

¾ cup butter

1 cup brown sugar, packed

¼ cup honey

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

zest of 1 orange, finely grated

¾ cup flour

½ tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

3 cups old fashioned large flake oats

1 cup pecans, chopped

1 ½ cups dried cranberries

• Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
  • Cream butter, sugar, and honey together in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add egg, vanilla, and orange zest, and continue to beat until light and creamy.
  • In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir into the creamed mixture.
  • Add oats, pecans, and cranberries, and stir until well mixed.
  • Drop batter by ¼ cup measures onto prepared baking sheets. Wet your hands with water and use your palms to flatten the cookies, so they are a little less than ½" thick. Bake 12-15 minutes until lightly browned at the edges but still soft in the centres. Remove with a lifter to wire racks to cool.

Makes 2 dozen large cookies

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

I am having a mystery dinner this evening. Sometimes, if I have leftovers, I will put them in containers and put them in the freezer for those times when I'm on my own and don't feel like making anything. But sometimes I forget to label them. So I have taken one of those unlabelled meals out of the freezer and it is sitting there waiting for me to open it up and be surprised. Kind of like Christmas in a way. Without the tree.

iagree.gif

So my mystery dinner was..... salmon! It was a complete surprise because I was expecting chicken. :lol:

Salmon on a bed of spinach and onion with parmesan rice and carrot and parsnip sticks. I probably never put a sticky on it because there was too much handwriting involved. lol

iagree.gif

I had leftover meatloaf.... mmmmmm meatloaf.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit - I loved your post! I do the same thing - forget to say what it is and often forget to go back and use it for a long time too :-(.

So, I took an oven ready combination pizza, added diced green chilies, mushrooms, onions, fresh tomatoes, 3 different types of peppers, yellow squash, and some spices. It was good!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I am having a mystery dinner this evening. Sometimes, if I have leftovers, I will put them in containers and put them in the freezer for those times when I'm on my own and don't feel like making anything. But sometimes I forget to label them. So I have taken one of those unlabelled meals out of the freezer and it is sitting there waiting for me to open it up and be surprised. Kind of like Christmas in a way. Without the tree.

Woot!

We had donairs for lunch, so I think dinner will not be much, pretty full.

Ina and Paula are only on Food Network here once a week. Bit disappointing.

Edited by trailmix

We had a lovely supper last night before the ball game at the Trailhead Brewing Co. Gene of course loves the micro-beers there. We only had a sandwich because we had to get SOME junk at the ball game. Popcorn and ice cream for dessert! :lol: Today I can't eat anything. See Vent.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Saw the vent and blah!!

Krikit, it's funny, I plan on popping in to the store today and thought oh I should get some ingredients for the cookies! I realize I only have like 4 things in the entire recipe!

No idea what is for dinner tonight, I do not know why I have been giving almost zero thought to dinners lately. I think it is because Mike is home so I don't feel like we have any set dinner 'time' - so I kind of start thinking about it when I get hungry.

Might pick up a vegetable or two at Safeway today and have that with something and potatoes - maybe pork chops.

Edited by trailmix

Today for lunch is my attempt #2 at having left over meatloaf.

I managed to drop my lunch yesterday all over the floor.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.