Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's good to know, Autumnchik.

Yes, dinner actually was quite good. He also sauteed some onions, okra and yellow squash to go with the beans. We have lots of beans left over, hehehe.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have a nice visit with your Mom Jill!

Well we ended up not eating dinner last night. Mike went out to lunch with is buddy (to Montanas) so I had some more Chinese food - we didn't even think of having dinner!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hubby actually fell asleep really early last night so he got up early too and took me to have those tacos that he had tried the other day.. I had a beef taco and a sheep taco... first time ever having a sheep taco.. it was interesting.. I think it might have been better if I didn't know it was sheep :lol:

the tortillas were the best part.. they were handmade right there on the spot... mmm ...not sure if I can go back to eating store bought tortillas now :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I went to Costco on Friday and they had a booth of fresh seafood. I bought a pound of scallops and I bought a wild salmon filet. We grilled them with veggies on the bbq on Saturday. Very very yummy. Last night we just snacked because we had a homemade pizza for lunch, a late lunch, so we weren't too hungry at suppertime. Tonight I'm thinking I'll heat up the leftover pizza for Gene and I'll just have a soup and salad or something.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
I went to Costco on Friday and they had a booth of fresh seafood. I bought a pound of scallops and I bought a wild salmon filet. We grilled them with veggies on the bbq on Saturday. Very very yummy. Last night we just snacked because we had a homemade pizza for lunch, a late lunch, so we weren't too hungry at suppertime. Tonight I'm thinking I'll heat up the leftover pizza for Gene and I'll just have a soup and salad or something.

Homemade pizza sounds good!

We had pasta last night. I picked up some fresh smoked chicken tortellini when we were at safeway the other day and we just had a marinara sauce on it, it was good.

Mike went to M&M meats the other day, so now we have meat, I wish I had a BBQ! I should probably venture out and see what's on sale, probably a good time of year to buy a BBQ

Timeline
hubby actually fell asleep really early last night so he got up early too and took me to have those tacos that he had tried the other day.. I had a beef taco and a sheep taco... first time ever having a sheep taco.. it was interesting.. I think it might have been better if I didn't know it was sheep :lol:

the tortillas were the best part.. they were handmade right there on the spot... mmm ...not sure if I can go back to eating store bought tortillas now :unsure:

Wholefoods has nice freshly made tortillas in the bakery - white or whole wheat...very good! I use them for rbeakfast and put scrambled eggs and cheese in them.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

mmmmmmm fresh scallops! I love scallops, Carla!

We had a friend stop by on her way through town yesterday so went out for dinner to a really good 'real' Mexican restaurant nearby. I had my favourite which is called "Sal's Special' - chicken strips, onions, peppers and mushrooms in a really yummy creamy cheese sauce, served with rice, and a tomato, lettuce and quacamole salad.

Tonight I am going to stir fry some beef strips with onions, peppers and zucchini in a Hoisan Sauce - and we still have left over beans too :D.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

tonight we will be in San Diego so I have no clue what dinner will be...

oh and I am sure there is no shortage of fresh tortillas around here.. there are a tonne of little Mexican meat markets...

my hubby has always raved about fresh tortillas but I never knew they were that good...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

last evening's supper was a bomb - made a slow cooker recipe from the current women's Day magazine for Pork and Apple Cider stew which had sweet potatoes and carrots and onions as well.

No one in the family really liked it unfortunately...it turned out to be rather sweet tasting and the veggies of course are of the sweeter variety...just not a rgeat taste combo.

No clue what we'll have tonight.....

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I'm on a mini-vacation at home right now, so for breakfast, I'm making baked eggs in bacon rings. For dinner we'll probably have BLT's. I guess we're on a bacon kick right now, hehe. Sometime this month we'll be going vegetarian so I guess we're just getting all the naughtiness out of our systems now :P

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Timeline
I'm on a mini-vacation at home right now, so for breakfast, I'm making baked eggs in bacon rings.

What are bacon rings? :unsure:

Tonight I had..... nothing. I haven't felt like eating because I'm still feeling bleh. My entire food consumption for today was a piece of rye toast (brought from Canada..... Rudolph's) and a turkey bite pepperette. (Also brought from Canada.) After reading this page I'm actually starting to get a bit hungry now. Maybe I'll make myself a bowl of tomato soup. (Not brought from Canada. lol)

iagree.gif

I'm on a mini-vacation at home right now, so for breakfast, I'm making baked eggs in bacon rings.

What are bacon rings? :unsure:

Tonight I had..... nothing. I haven't felt like eating because I'm still feeling bleh. My entire food consumption for today was a piece of rye toast (brought from Canada..... Rudolph's) and a turkey bite pepperette. (Also brought from Canada.) After reading this page I'm actually starting to get a bit hungry now. Maybe I'll make myself a bowl of tomato soup. (Not brought from Canada. lol)

I think the bacon is encircled around the egg?...says the non bacon eater...lol...just a guess...

mmmm...scallops! I LOVE SEAFOOD! I love living close to the shore and getting good catch! when I was in Clearwater this summer, I had some yummy fish dishes...I was so excited to eat lobster while I was there...only to find out it gets shipped from Maine lol!

I made whole wheat pasta drizzled with olive oil, sauteed peppers and chicken breast with fresh basil and a tomato/cucumber salad with feta cheese and sunflower seeds...mmmm...my SIL brough over fresh baked cookies...oatmeal cranberry from Trader Joe's :)...so good!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.