Krikit

What's For Dinner - Part Deux

2,275 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Perogies are so good! They're like a potato pasta, shaped like a half moon and stuffed with different goodies like cheese, onion, bacon, etc. They are a Polish dish originally but have become quite popular in North America! And you can fry or boil them and serve with sour cream

Thanks for the expanation... Wow, sounds good. So are they a bit like stuffed gnocchi?

Kind of, in that they are basically a dough stuffed with .... whatever you like!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight we are going to my sister-in-law's 18th birthday celebration at a big banquet hall. It's a big buffet, so there will be tons of food! I'm looking forward to it!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

as anyone had or heard of Peroshki? I remember my grandma making those once in awhile.. they could have a sweet or savoury filling...

they are similar to Perogies but it is more like mini stuffed breads...

http://acelebrationoffood.blogspot.com/2009/07/peroski.html

last night I stumbled upon someone's blog and they were talking about Red Robin.. so now that is where I want to go to eat this weekend.. maybe today....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
as anyone had or heard of Peroshki? I remember my grandma making those once in awhile.. they could have a sweet or savoury filling...

last night I stumbled upon someone's blog and they were talking about Red Robin.. so now that is where I want to go to eat this weekend.. maybe today....

Haven't heard of them Marilyn but they look delicious!

I talked to my Momster - she doesn't seem too interested in going out for chinese food today. So I think my Husband will just pick up some for us.

Timeline

I really liked the fruit filled peroski.. mmmm

my dad's mom and I were not very close but she was an amazing cook, specially in the sweets department.. I remember her plum platz, the butterscotch pudding she made at Christmas, her New Year's cookies, the peroski of course etc....

i wish I had been closer to her so I could have gotten her recipes...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Looks something like this place Marilyn.

http://www.kolachefactory.com/

I've been there and bought some goodies there at Easter time for my in-laws. My MIL makes kolache's for Christmas, fruit ones so I was interested to see that these are all bread based ones. They were good, but not like my MIL's pastry.

I always love how someone makes something like this and then decides it's their "ethnic" food. :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Red Robin is good. I used to go to the one just north of Detroit a lot.

I'm going to do a ratatouille variation again - lots of fresh veggies from the garden and some pasta.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I'm making some quesas real quick before I leave to get my Mum from the airport :D

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

argh, don't think we will be going to Red Robin today.. looks liek I get to spend another day/evening by myself.. hubby's brother is coming to pick him up shortly.. they are making flyers for another brother's business and then tomorrow they are handing those flyers out... so there goes this weekend :(.. yes I know we are going on vacation next week but still...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
argh, don't think we will be going to Red Robin today.. looks liek I get to spend another day/evening by myself.. hubby's brother is coming to pick him up shortly.. they are making flyers for another brother's business and then tomorrow they are handing those flyers out... so there goes this weekend :(.. yes I know we are going on vacation next week but still...

That sucks :(

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

we just got back from IHOP.. I ordered the Nutella crepes (they are made with nutella and bananas inside and then topped with strawberries and whipped cream) and hubby ordered a clubhouse and fries and we split everything... it was all really yummy..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

We did end up having the chinese food - from this place we always ordered from before, the small restaurant has been there for years. Anyway, I don't think we are in their delivery area anymore!

It was all very good. We had ginger beef, fried rice, chow mein and sweet and sour pork.

Before we left for Florida they were closed for renovations! So I asked my Husband if it looked different. He said oh yeah, they have these old red chairs and these old tables and - so basically it's just the same - which I like :lol:

Timeline

so the hubster got back awhile ago and he is now snoozing... now I am sitting here wondering what I am going to eat because I am starving...

when the hubby got home he said on the way they had stopped and got tacos and they were the best tacos he ever had and I was like, "well did you think to bring me one ?" :P

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

It's the weekend and so Joe is making his inevitable pot of beans - pinto beans today :) . He is adding in green tomatoes from the garden and I have talked him into using as many of the peppers as he can - we have 4 different varieties - so he is thinking about a pepper and bean stew with green tomatoes. We will probably have lots and lots of it because he can't make small quantities - so he will be eating it for lunch most of next week. Anyone not have dinner plans yet? You can join us!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Sounds yummy Kathryn!

We had filet mignon tonight. Ohmygod, they were soooo good. I am really impressed with Omaha Steaks quality, just not so impressed with the price. Seriously, 70 bucks for delivery of 4 filets. It was a gift though :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.